Archived Emergency LOA/ST Disability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have good information on this? Due to SEVERE mental health issues I have to take an emergency LOA according to my doctor. I'm a team lead and I'm scared about them firing me. I need to get disability so I can pay my bills but I have so many questions.
Do I have to inform my STL/ETL?
Do I have to prepare for this since it's an emergency?
Do I have to provide proof besides from my doctor?
Can I take an emergency LOA even though I'm a team lead?
Can I leave my responsibilities as a team lead like that?
Do I have to be under the target insurance for for a certain amount of time?

Last edited:
If you have a Dr's note, you should be able to start your leave right away--same as a medical emergency. You do not need to to say what your issue is, and the Dr's note doesn't either, but of course your leaders will need to know that you will be gone.

You need to do what is best for you, and you need to take care of yourself. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time.

Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

My flow TL went on LOA due to mental health issues a while back. They obviously didn't tell us that's what it was for, but he had gone through a loss in his family and was under a lot of pressure at work to the point where he looked visibly depressed every day.

The first two days he was gone, we were told he had just called out. The third day we were told he was on LOA.

So the first step is probably to call out and go to the doctor asap to get a written note for LOA. Then follow the steps posted above. Even as a TL, they won't fire you for calling out once or twice and they can't fire you for an approved LOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back