Archived Employee has a Guest in Break Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we get this stated. I worked at the same store and i brought in some breakfast for some of my old friends i worked with at the store. When i worked at the store i saw other people bring family and friends in the break room. One time someone had a baby in the break room. Baby's don't work. But no one said anything about that. So was told by the store manager that i couldn't be in the break room. Not an issue, Since i really don't work at the store anymore. So we went to Star Bucks to eat.

So to get down to it. Does anyone know if it states in the rule book about bring family and/or friends in the break room. And what the policy is for it.

I know Target policy's are all about making the guest happy and the employee not happy.

Off Stage areas (Backroom's,break rooms, offices) are for Team Members only and store busniess, primarily for Insurance Reasons... Theres a lot of liability with having non-team members in off stage areas. I had a Team Member bring a friend back to the TSC area once while I was LOD and the person slipped and broke her arm, in an off stage area and the only thing that kept coming out while the incident was being investigated, was why was a Non- Target Team Member in an off stage area. There are other reason I could speculate as well, including AP reasons, team member Safety, etc... The break room should be kept neutral for all Team Members.

We have non TMs in the break room on occasion...usually an ETL's or TL's kid. When they start hanging out and taking all of our food, then they usually chase them out. The only people I've seen them kick out right away are former TMs.

Like in a lot of life, the rules are made to have exceptions. But only if you can be the person making the exceptions.

I used to work at a corporate restaurant, not a family store, and the store manager would bring her kid in and have her "help" us prep food. A 7 year old! I called it forced baby sitting.

As for Target, shit rolls downhill. If you are the leader, you can do what please. Apparently even lose billions of dollars in another country and STILL walk away with millions.

I'm sure if the current CEO wanted to take his kids in the backroom of a store, no one would stop him.

Well, the baby doesn't really have a say on where it goes, neither do people's kids. As long as it's an employee they're with and it's a short visit or they have to check schedule or whatever, I get it. You don't work there, it's weird that you're there, and you didn't have any final business to attend to. So, yeah, I'd kick you out, I think.

Well, the baby doesn't really have a say on where it goes, neither do people's kids. As long as it's an employee they're with and it's a short visit or they have to check schedule or whatever, I get it. You don't work there, it's weird that you're there, and you didn't have any final business to attend to. So, yeah, I'd kick you out, I think.

Oh, the kids have a say. Especially when they're just hanging out at the store for hours on end, pretending like they live there.

Yeah it's in the handbook that only authorized individuals can be back there. It even goes so far as to say if you're not working, and not back there to do something work related (get check, check schedule etc) you shouldn't be back there either.

We have a tm whos boyfriend...brings her lunch all the time ( he is not a tm) he eats with her in the breakroom then leaves. ...nothing has been said to either one of them to my knowledge .

If you aren't authorized to know the door code, then you shouldn't be on the other side of it.

Lovers need to eat @ FA.

Can't understand why you would wanna be in the break room if you don't work for spot or if it's your day off

If a team member is off the clock and stopping by for whatever reason, they don't have an issue with bringing babies in.

If a team member is off the clock and stopping by for whatever reason, they don't have an issue with bringing babies in.

Employees children are the only people I see in the TSC or breakroom that aren't employees. That or people who are catering.

Only non TM's I've seen were TM's kids/grandkids. A cashier brought her grandson into TSC quick to show his costume on halloween. Two ETL's gave him some candy. He was adorable. TSC at my store also has a keypad with a code to punch in.

We actually terminated some cleaners for bringing their kid in a bunch one week...

Yeah it's in the handbook that only authorized individuals can be back there. It even goes so far as to say if you're not working, and not back there to do something work related (get check, check schedule etc) you shouldn't be back there either.

Tell that to the old guy from flow who hangs out for roughly 6 hours past his shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back