Employee Number/ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I started working for Target in Sept. 2015. I turned in two weeks notice in May 2016. My official last day was planned for the first week of June. However, I didn't commit to a full 2 weeks notice. I got really frustrated and overwhelmed with drama at the store (big reason why I left) and decided not to show up anymore.

Once a while, I'll try to apply back at Target. Sometimes I will get an immediate rejection or no response at all. No biggie. I didn't care and moved on. I decided to quit my current job and wanted to return to Target. I applied to two different stores for the same role. One rejected me the next day. Others called me and emailed me to set up an interview. I went online to schedule my interview. I went in and they offered me the job on the spot.

I'm just curious to know if I will have the same employee number/ID? Or will I get a new one? The GSTL (I don't even know the new title for that role) wasn't sure what's the correct answer to that question. She said she's confident that I'll get a new one. Was hoping that's not true because 1. My employee number is really EASY to memorize. 2. It's easier to log in register quickly with my ID number. I literally have 3 digits in my employee number. I know they have new Workday system but I'm unsure if Workday will still pull old data or create new data.

Hey guys,

I started working for Target in Sept. 2015. I turned in two weeks notice in May 2016. My official last day was planned for the first week of June. However, I didn't commit to a full 2 weeks notice. I got really frustrated and overwhelmed with drama at the store (big reason why I left) and decided not to show up anymore.

Once a while, I'll try to apply back at Target. Sometimes I will get an immediate rejection or no response at all. No biggie. I didn't care and moved on. I decided to quit my current job and wanted to return to Target. I applied to two different stores for the same role. One rejected me the next day. Others called me and emailed me to set up an interview. I went online to schedule my interview. I went in and they offered me the job on the spot.

I'm just curious to know if I will have the same employee number/ID? Or will I get a new one? The GSTL (I don't even know the new title for that role) wasn't sure what's the correct answer to that question. She said she's confident that I'll get a new one. Was hoping that's not true because 1. My employee number is really EASY to memorize. 2. It's easier to log in register quickly with my ID number. I literally have 3 digits in my employee number. I know they have new Workday system but I'm unsure if Workday will still pull old data or create new data.
Usually you get your old one. I’ve had a few TMs come back and they got their old ones and it was 3 years later

No need for all that, given your track record you won’t be around for long anyways.
That negative attitude is necessary, because?...

If you really must know. I left because their GSTL laughed at my face when I told her I applied for GSA position. Told me I can't get that job because I can't hear the radio (I'm deaf). I reported to ETL-HR about it. GSTL denied the whole thing and got everyone to hate me simply because I reported the discrimination. So I was pushed into backroom because Store Director thought that having GSTL being my leader will create issues. I didn't want to work in back room. I've always been Front End fella. Since 2011. I was Customer Service Lead for one employer. I got a 2nd job at different employer so I could make money for bills. I worked two jobs. I had to quit one because I was moving to New York for college. My 2nd job was available in New York. 1st job was only available in south area. So I moved to New York and worked at my job for a year until company decided to close down my store. That's when I started Target. Tried to grow in Target. Store Director and HR wanted me to apply for GSA. They really liked me. Told me to talk to my GSTL to set up interview. That was when the whole issue happened now they don't want me GSA and threw me in the back room. So that's why I left to go back to my previous employer in a different store (now they had position available to apply). I became a Mobile Manager... Then HR Manager. I decided to take a break from leadership. It took away a lot of my time and I have a dog and relationship to focus on. So I quit and wanted to return to Target so I could work less than 30 hours and still enjoy my life with my dog and partner.

I hope this teach you a lesson to not judge so quick.

You don't have no idea who this person is and your so quick to judge... I see this more and more.
He came here for help. I thought this is what this site is for? Not for nasty comments.
I offered the person help the best way I know how. Unfiltered, unbiased.

Except your response wasn't unbiased. Or necessarily accurate.

I quit without notice in 2016 as well. I'd worked at the store for three years. I came back this October, to the same store. The entire management team had changed over since I left, but I don't at all believe that was why I was rehired. My old STL shops at the store, she's bumped into me working twice while doing so since I came back, the first time on black friday, the second time a few days ago. When she saw me a couple days ago she ran up to me at the service desk, gave me a hug, and said she was happy to see I'd come back to the store.

As for the number, I got a new one, I was told getting a new one is common if it's been over a year, not sure how true that is in general though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back