Archived Employees no longer allowed holds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lecture in huddle tonight from the stl saying employees are no longer allowed to put any items on hold. Said it came down from hq and it was supposed to put the guest cirst and blah blah blah. Anyone else hear this speech?

Not a real thing or I would know about it. Things like that are typically store discretion so if that’s what your STL wants then that’s what you need to follow.

We shouldn't be placing anything on hold for an Employee while they're at work as it could theoretically be the last one and a Guest could be upset as instead of them getting one, An Employee placed it in hold and then went back to their shift. However there is nothing an STL can do about a Store Pickup Order as long as said Order was not done while you were Clocked in or if you were a Flex Team Member who processed your own pickup.

Got a lecture in huddle tonight from the stl saying employees are no longer allowed to put any items on hold. Said it came down from hq and it was supposed to put the guest cirst and blah blah blah. Anyone else hear this speech?
I don't think it was ever allowed to begin with, and now that I think about it, it's stated somewhere in the employee handbook

Mine has been missing since last week...Well I saw him last week. He showed up Monday supposedly but never saw him since so if Nationals is this week then that makes sense.

That is a corporate rule and always has been. It did come down from hq.

If you see something you want, punch out and buy it.

Good luck telling my STL that. He's the worst offender at my store at the moment. We had a GSTL who was worse about putting items on hold (and in fact, leaving them for longer than the end-of-next-day that we tell guests) but she was promoted to guest for other reasons.

Good luck telling my STL that. He's the worst offender at my store at the moment. We had a GSTL who was worse about putting items on hold (and in fact, leaving them for longer than the end-of-next-day that we tell guests) but she was promoted to guest for other reasons.

A STL is not held to the same standard as a TM. A STL is always on the clock even when they aren't.

You're a guest when you're off the clock. My store always said shopping is fine on a 30, but they do find it acceptable to buy food for my meal during my 15. I asked that specific question once because otherwise I'd spend 15 of my 30 walking around undecided.

But most of the time, if you're in the building, I'd think you could just buy it then. I've had stuff held when lines would've prevented me from getting back from my 30 on time-ish, but I was prepared to pay then. And I wasn't buying any limited items or anything so no one cared.

Unofficially the fitting room desk and fitting room closet have become the place where softlines folks put stuff to buy later. The desk is not so bad, most of the time the item is gone by end of day because someone ran to get it while on their break or after their shift. The closet is a black hole from which nothing escapes, until someone gets tired of it and cleans out all the merchandise. I've seen a couple of times that while items were being pulled out the person doing so found something they put in there and forgot about. It irks me when there's more than a couple of items that have been in there nearly a month, because I don't get why people don't either buy it the following payday or put it back on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back