Archived End to end dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a somewhat unique perspective on it I think. I recently transferred from a high volume store that was going after End to end hardcore, to a low volume store that's failing at it hardcore. I have to say.... It's all about the people.

My original high volume store was doing well with it. Softlines, electronics and beauty teams are well oiled machines, market was still finding its feet when I left, but I think they're doing well now.

Then you have my new low volume store... Its awful. No hours for anyone to do anything. Morning pulls are pushed out by one team member in hardlines, one beauty and electronics pushing all toy/seasonal/infant hardlines, flow team only comes in on the three truck days, from 6am to 9am. Back room will not allow anyone but them to pull or backstock, and only one backroom TM at a time on any given day, plus the teamlead.

Its not going well to say the least. I truly believe if the team I worked with in previous store was at this location though, that it would be doable. Its all in the people, which is why I'm going to be exiting soon along with so many others.
Can't be the people alone if there aren't enough hours to get the jobs done.

Is retention even a metric anymore? It's seemed like all the TMs we've hired this whole year in logistics and salesfloor have quit within months. Maybe a couple backroom guys and some cashiers/starbucks tms have stayed. Everywhere else is more of a revolving door than I've ever seen.
yes it's a metric but that's not what I'm worried about. We have a very hard time getting applicants. I've yet to have a full team and it's becoming impossible to keep up.

when my store (low volume) let us know about e2e i was so excited i couldnt wait to finally have an area to myself to take care of and make it my own, but its been months and i still dont know how to set a pog, i haven't done truck at all, did price change only a couple of times.. im still just a closing zoner or fitting room like nothing has changed at all for softlines :(
Do you have day time availability? The people on my team who can only close, not much has changed for them. We want the bulk of TM's in the store when guests are in the store (11-7). Some tasks can be completed in the evening such as truck or POGs, but price change has to be completed every day. That being said, ask your TL if you can be scheduled to learn these new processes. From my experience, seasoned TM's get it faster than new people because it's a ton to learn.

Do you have day time availability? The people on my team who can only close, not much has changed for them. We want the bulk of TM's in the store when guests are in the store (11-7). Some tasks can be completed in the evening such as truck or POGs, but price change has to be completed every day. That being said, ask your TL if you can be scheduled to learn these new processes. From my experience, seasoned TM's get it faster than new people because it's a ton to learn.
ive worked here for two years, open availability, and i always let my tls know that i want to do other work within softlines but the problem is no one ever wants to close and my tl really doesnt feel like training anyone so im stuck :mad:

We're so behind on POGs/REVs and price change it's a sad joke. The amount of salvage we have just hanging around the store is an embarrassment.

Then we hear about how great E2E is and how well it's working... sales aren't up, getting freight from the truck to the floor isn't even close to how it used to be, I can't even imagine how difficult it is for FFs to be done at this point.

Retention, especially in Market, is probably the worst I've ever seen it. Oh and we have NO PLAN at all for dealing with 2day right now. In fact receiving has been changed so much to accommodate the new unload process, not to mention how much freight is just sitting there all the time, I don't even see where you could physically sort all of the black friday product.

But, yeah, everything is just fantastic. Okay ETL team. Whatever you say.

Is retention even a metric anymore? It's seemed like all the TMs we've hired this whole year in logistics and salesfloor have quit within months. Maybe a couple backroom guys and some cashiers/starbucks tms have stayed. Everywhere else is more of a revolving door than I've ever seen.

It is but across the board it's a lot higher this year because of end to end. A lot have quit because of the chaos but stores with weak team members in AA, cosmetics and electronics are being encouraged to move them out of those areas or manage them out.

How I wish e2e was dead at my store. I hate it. If it was done right - with a lot of the suggestions that people here have made - it could be great. But I wonder if any of the execs that dreamed up this scheme have ever actually worked truck or the floor?
And if the early shift is being phased out, that means I'm being phased out. I'm never going to be able to get enough hours at Target to pay the bills, so I have other jobs that are later in the day. Employment rates are slowly improving in my area, might be time to move on.

I hate when the headlines on threads are nothing but click-bait. :(

In one form, or another, E2E is here to stay. o_O:(:mad:If

I hate when the headlines on threads are nothing but click-bait. :(

In one form, or another, E2E is here to stay. o_O:(:mad:If
Well to be fair the OP is asking if it's true or not, since it's apparently true for them.

yes it's a metric but that's not what I'm worried about. We have a very hard time getting applicants. I've yet to have a full team and it's becoming impossible to keep up.
That's because shitty pay, not E2E

ive worked here for two years, open availability, and i always let my tls know that i want to do other work within softlines but the problem is no one ever wants to close and my tl really doesnt feel like training anyone so im stuck :mad:
I feel you. I get stuck in o/n backroom all the time because they don't bother training anyone else, or getting someone else to go back there and get used to it. I hate it. It's my own fault for asking to be cross-trained, but I didn't think I'd be back there 75% of my shifts.

That's because shitty pay, not E2E
For a low skill, no experience job? I dunno about that. I would have loved $13.50 or whatever it starts at at my store when I started. In the past 4 years, we've seen more wage inflation than cost of living increase. I think I started at 9.75 as hardlines.

For a low skill, no experience job? I dunno about that. I would have loved $13.50 or whatever it starts at at my store when I started. In the past 4 years, we've seen more wage inflation than cost of living increase. I think I started at 9.75 as hardlines.
lol wft. I started 8.50 backroom

Cost of living by me Definitly beats out the wage increases. Many if not everyone around my area are "juggling" 2 jobs just to make ends meet if they don't have the help of family or someone close to them. This is across the board from Etl's all the way down to team members. Only the STL's and above I think have it "financially" made.

Cost of living by me Definitly beats out the wage increases. Many if not everyone around my area are "juggling" 2 jobs just to make ends meet if they don't have the help of family or someone close to them. This is across the board from Etl's all the way down to team members. Only the STL's and above I think have it "financially" made.

An etl makes minimum 50k. If your ETLs can't live off that they are probably living outside of their means.

Not necessarily. That’s not a livable wage in a lot of CA, for example. It all depends on cost of living.

Not to double down here but ETLs in Cali start around 60k. I know because the ETLs in my high cost of living area start at 58k.

I make half that in an area full of tech companies, own my home and live okay.

It also depends if you are single or have kids, a mortgage, car payments, college loans, etc. $50K in my area wouldn't go very far if just a few of these variables were added into the mix.

Well to be fair the OP is asking if it's true or not, since it's apparently true for them.
Oh, I know. I wasn't accusing the OP of deliberately being deceptive. The headline is more than appropriate for the thread. My feeling of hope just spikes a little when I initially read a header like that, and then comes crashing down once I start reading the thread. :p /:(

It also depends if you are single or have kids, a mortgage, car payments, college loans, etc. $50K in my area wouldn't go very far if just a few of these variables were added into the mix.

Good point that size of the family plays a role. My ETL HR has 5 kids and
@HRZone these along with other factors are exactly the reason for the second income in instances where i live.

Fair enough. I don't see how an etl could work out a second job considering spots availability demands.

An etl makes minimum 50k. If your ETLs can't live off that they are probably living outside of their means.

Not in LA, Seattle that is just making it without extras. Rent eats a shit load of that, then any medical you are screwed.

And almost all these baby ETLs are paying student loans. My ex-ETLHR was living in a shit box 1br apt when I had a house. Why? Student loans.

Last edited:
Not in LA, Seattle that is just making it without extras. Rent eats a shit load of that, then any medical you are screwed.

And almost all these baby ETLs are paying student loans. My ex-ETLHR was living in a shit box 1br apt when I had a house. Why? Student loans.

Good point about the loans. I knew 50 or 60K can get thin on a big family but right out of college it's not bad.

A 14 dollar an hour, 40 hour tm makes about 30k a year. If these ETLs are struggling with that their tms are in poverty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back