Archived End to end dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store no longer does anything end to end. We started end to end in February. Pushed the thought of end to end very hard until back to school season in July. Once it ended in late August. Our store is back to the old old process of fast unloads and waving through freight. Our DTL even said we're going back to the old way because of corporate changes.

We fast unload a trailer, wave through freight and back stock. We don't scan, still have a POG team, and still have 1 signing team member. The only thing from the new end to end that's actually stayed is our soft lines process. We have a flow team member breakout the soft lines, then 5 AA team members come in at 12 to push freight then at 4pm they zone and scan.

Anyone in any store that have slowly reverted to the old method??

P.S we are having to build back a BR team again. We are having to pull 5 people from flow to be back room trained and only do backroom duties. And no it's not for SFS or Flexible holiday needs. It's because we have to correct our BRLA and Logistic metrics.

We so far at our store market is end to end , or shouldi say “trying” to be E2E. Its a tough process to implement. It requires that all team members in E2E care. That they “own” their segment fully and with a passion. Also there needs to be FULL accountability..... Unfortunately 4 out of 5 TMs don’t care, and the process lags, threatening to collapse. It eventually will.

We so far at our store market is end to end , or shouldi say “trying” to be E2E. Its a tough process to implement. It requires that all team members in E2E care. That they “own” their segment fully and with a passion. Also there needs to be FULL accountability..... Unfortunately 4 out of 5 TMs don’t care, and the process lags, threatening to collapse. It eventually will.

Before E2E Market it was a cycle of Good times, (Hours, and what Corporate decided was important at the time). And bad times (When no one could care less, this was always went along with a string of good Steritech visits, leadership would care less, and less..) It would rinse, and repeat... Here I could see it spiraling into a system that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

We are starting to go back to having a price change team but everything else has stayed the same.

Apparently it's "working" in all the stores in my area (according to our STL). My store still isn't converted except for softlines, cosmetics and one grocery aisle. We are supposed to start two more grocery aisles in E2E in the next few weeks. Their excuse is "sales are up" in softlines and cosmetics...so it will work everywhere. LOL

You can only "care" about your part of the store if you are the only person working it. Guests will do enough to mess up a zone. But since most of us have no control over who works "our" area on our days off or later in the day, there is reluctance to own anything. Piles of reshop, dumped pulls - I'll own what's mine but no-one else's.

As for end to end I think it's another short term cost cutting fix to put a bandaid on a corporation hemorrhaging money. Hope I'm wrong. Wrong as hell.

Our E2E is working pretty well. Market, electronics, beauty, and softlines are all on the model and should be to BP. All of this depends on your STL's store culture and their ability to get the ETLs in line with it.

Hey if you've got a successful e2e more power to you, congratulations. There are a lot of us struggling and is it store size? Are the Supers suffering more?

You can only "care" about your part of the store if you are the only person working it. Guests will do enough to mess up a zone. But since most of us have no control over who works "our" area on our days off or later in the day, there is reluctance to own anything. Piles of reshop, dumped pulls - I'll own what's mine but no-one else's.

Yep cause no one cares like you do and you will spend all your time fixing the fuck ups of others why most of our cosmetics peeps have quit in short order. They have no control of the BS and mess they walk into after a day off. Cause while people are scheduled as Cosmetics they work other places so no one is there so the theft is out of control and it looks like ass..

I like E2E in theory and it does work well when stores are properly staffed with that "dream team" everyone is supposed to have and while some stores do seem to have that a good many of us do not. When you're short staffed it really is hard to "own" everything to the level they want us to.

Our E2E is working pretty well. Market, electronics, beauty, and softlines are all on the model and should be to BP. All of this depends on your STL's store culture and their ability to get the ETLs in line with it.

Not saying this isn't true but it has a lot to do with store volume and retention numbers.

The number of stores that are killing end to end is awfully small. That's why I kind of laugh when someone says it's great.

No we haven't killed it yet but I wish we would. The store looks like shit because nobody has time to zone anymore. BRLA is usually red, maybe yellow if we're lucky. There is ALWAYS freight on the line and in the backroom. And there's just random stuff left sitting around the backroom because 1 person leaves it and everyone else has a "not my job" attitude.

My store just started going all in on it. They weren't doing all the parts before but will be now

Not saying this isn't true but it has a lot to do with store volume and retention numbers.

The number of stores that are killing end to end is awfully small. That's why I kind of laugh when someone says it's great.
Didn't mean to sound be-all-end-all, but that's a big piece. I know some stores can't retain talent but with wage increase should get a little easier. We're B-Volume and we're succeeding decently so far, not sure how As and Supers are doing.

Didn't mean to sound be-all-end-all, but that's a big piece. I know some stores can't retain talent but with wage increase should get a little easier. We're B-Volume and we're succeeding decently so far, not sure how As and Supers are doing.

AA Volume here and its falling on its face, with the way they are changing hours for people another wave of skilled, experienced people are going to quit. They now want almost no one to start earlier than 8am and most of us that isn't possible.. Our guests hate it, they can't shop since we have push everywhere and its no longer a quiet place to waste some time and spend to much money.. We won't even get into freight all over the backroom for days on end..

For my STL it seems like when he says it's "working" it's only because sales are up in the stores that are doing it (and areas in our store that are doing it). I'd like to get a behind the scenes picture of what it's like for those at the Super's in my region. I'm not buying (pun unintended) the sales being up are directly tied to e2e and that's it.

For instance, the STL insisted that sales are up in cosmetics and softlines because we are e2e in those areas. Um...except we just rolled out new products in softlines. That helps. Having a person in cosmetics all day can reduce shortage, which is one of the biggest shortage areas for our store (any store?). Also, those two areas are ripe for a TM upselling a customer. Try convincing someone grocery shopping that they just have to have this new spaghetti sauce since they are buying pasta. In my experience, people that shop for food know what they want, have a list and only get that. It's a lot easier to suggest new clothes or a different cosmetic to a customer that's in the market to buy those things.

But hey...that's why I'm just paid minimum wage and they make the big bucks.

I have a somewhat unique perspective on it I think. I recently transferred from a high volume store that was going after End to end hardcore, to a low volume store that's failing at it hardcore. I have to say.... It's all about the people.

My original high volume store was doing well with it. Softlines, electronics and beauty teams are well oiled machines, market was still finding its feet when I left, but I think they're doing well now.

Then you have my new low volume store... Its awful. No hours for anyone to do anything. Morning pulls are pushed out by one team member in hardlines, one beauty and electronics pushing all toy/seasonal/infant hardlines, flow team only comes in on the three truck days, from 6am to 9am. Back room will not allow anyone but them to pull or backstock, and only one backroom TM at a time on any given day, plus the teamlead.

Its not going well to say the least. I truly believe if the team I worked with in previous store was at this location though, that it would be doable. Its all in the people, which is why I'm going to be exiting soon along with so many others.

Last edited:
I’ll probably be heading out too. I have been considering this for awhile but I’m more interested in leaving than staying now. All my leads seem to like me. I always get good hours, but for all the new hires they’re picking the shittiest people to train them. They’re picking operators who allow guests to have a free for all event in the fitting room. After taking the FR from these aforementioned TMs, I’m always finding tags and even some empty packages(!) For pricing, they’re choosing TMs to train who miss tons of firsts every time they time they scan in SL. For general zoning... well I think the point is clear so I’ll stop going on. I will either be going on military LOA or quitting altogether (depending on where I’m sent to, for how long, and if it’s reasonable to stay with Spot anymore). I do feel appreciated, I don’t feel valued if that makes any sense at all. Ah well. I’ve transferred twice but now I’m back at my original store and have a close relationship with a lot of the team.

We're triple A and our softlines had gone back to the old ways with flow pushing the truck. Market and Cosmetic is very much still E2E. I think our Electronics is also e2e as well.

We ditched end to end for beauty. The directive is that beauty and should be selling rather than pulling or backstocking. We have a sampling table that our mid runs which has been a success.

I don't know how you can be full e2e (essentials included) have so many different people in the backroom and it not be a mess lol.

when my store (low volume) let us know about e2e i was so excited i couldnt wait to finally have an area to myself to take care of and make it my own, but its been months and i still dont know how to set a pog, i haven't done truck at all, did price change only a couple of times.. im still just a closing zoner or fitting room like nothing has changed at all for softlines :(

Retention is killing me right now. ETL seems to be working against me and is scaring my good team members away. I'm so tired of this!!!!!
Is retention even a metric anymore? It's seemed like all the TMs we've hired this whole year in logistics and salesfloor have quit within months. Maybe a couple backroom guys and some cashiers/starbucks tms have stayed. Everywhere else is more of a revolving door than I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back