Archived Equipment sign out

Status
Not open for further replies.
How. Does your store sign equipment out? My store is soooo unorganized you can never find the paper or name because some how the papers get mixed up with other days so I just make sure to sign out of the device because I’m not gonna look through the 100 pages of daily logs or find my name to sign out on the paper.

PM has recently taken over device control. My store use to be a free for all, just put a name on a paper (or don’t) and nothing happened.

MyDevices now are all numbered and are to be signed out based on its number with a new log sheet that allows a device to be signed out up to 4 times per day. Audits are completed on Monday's and Fridays. Not signing out and not signing back in are coachings. 2 coaching result in a CCA. A new program roll out allows devices to be tracked to their last location in store. Lose a device or take it home? CCA.

Depending on your group it’s being taken more seriously than others. Mine has one of the highest rates of loss so we are very strict on it as of a couple weeks ago.

We have to sign ours out, but none of our opening TLs ever sign theirs out. Like just about every morning they come on the walkie and say "TEEAAAM, WHO HAS ZEBRA #7? IT'S NOT SIGNED OUT AND BLABLABLA" and one of the TLs ends up having it. The other morning, that happened 3 times in a row.

What ever happened to leading by example?

One of the leads who left used to be in charge of equipment control. When they ran it there were updated sign out pages, daily audits, locked up equipment, etc. It was run so smoothly and we knew where all of our equipment was. And everything was labeled and assigned by workcenter. Now it's like an instocks TM trying to find a pda. There's nothing left. Nobody signs anything out, nothing is labeled, and it's almost impossible to find equipment. The whole store is fighting over the same few mydevices.

Oh and we got an ETL AP who doesn't keep track of any of the keys. Didn't care if they were left in the lockbox or not, didn't care if they were signed out, etc. The number of keys has decreased too. Our cores probably should have been changed at least three times.

Last edited:
One of the leads who left used to be in charge of equipment control. When they ran it there were updated sign out pages, daily audits, locked up equipment, etc. It was run so smoothly and we knew where all of our equipment was. And everything was labeled and assigned by workcenter. Now it's like an instocks TM trying to find a pda. There's nothing left. Nobody signs anything out, nothing is labeled, and it's almost impossible to find equipment. The whole store is fighting over the same few mydevices.

Oh and we got an ETL AP who doesn't keep track of any of the keys. Didn't care if they were left in the lockbox or not, didn't care if they were signed out, etc. The number of keys has decreased too. Our cores probably should have been changed at least three times.
That was me......Instocks TM NEEDING a PDA and spending an hour per day pleading and making deals and promises to ‘borrow’ them for a few minutes at a time from multiple ‘flow’ tm’s. Glad THOSE days are over. I’m sure 3 years later there are some favors I promised and still owe.

I just don't sign the sheet because my equipment and such never gets lost and if it does who the fuck will know. Literally been 3 years since I lost my medevice (back when they were apple and trashier) and my walkie in the same week. Walkie fell off me due to a shitty belt clip and I didn't hear or see at all. Device I set down in a waco while busy as fuck and somehow got distracted and could not find it for the life of me. To this day I keep everything back in its place and never grab a walkie with a loose clip. It's sad for such a large corporation to not police their own shit more but every leader I know neglects their duties in so many regards that it's actually kinda funny. But-- It's still disappointing to see someone who is your literal boss not do what they should be doing and come up to you about similar things. You set the example. You lead the team. God forbid I point that out to them, though. I'd be on the blacklist for firing in a minute.

I just don't sign the sheet because my equipment and such never gets lost and if it does who the fuck will know

The old inventory report would say the last user of a device but the info couldn’t be trusted. The new inventory report that started a few weeks ago is more accurate and shows a history of locations the device was seen as well. Be careful with that mind set of “nobody cares” because upper management is making a big deal about it

My question is if leadership wants to prevent devices, walkies, and especially keys from leaving the building and being brought home. Why don't they put a small security tag on it? So when it leaves the store the alarms go off. There's probably a good reason why it hasn't happened yet.

TMs have to exit the building as part of their jobs from time to time.

My question is if leadership wants to prevent devices, walkies, and especially keys from leaving the building and being brought home. Why don't they put a small security tag on it? So when it leaves the store the alarms go off. There's probably a good reason why it hasn't happened yet.
We put security key tags on all our keys so they beep when you leave. My old store used the square security stickers for a while on the devices but they deactivated after a while

We started signing devices out about 2 weeks ago from the equipment room. I have made it without having to sign any out and managed a few days to go without a walkie. One day the pmt hunted me down because I was logged into 2 devices, one was frozen and needed troubleshooting.

The old inventory report would say the last user of a device but the info couldn’t be trusted. The new inventory report that started a few weeks ago is more accurate and shows a history of locations the device was seen as well. Be careful with that mind set of “nobody cares” because upper management is making a big deal about it
thank you very much for this advice you may have saved me a talk with my TL. I will start signing it out then. This is why I love you guys.

We put security key tags on all our keys so they beep when you leave. My old store used the square security stickers for a while on the devices but they deactivated after a while
Same we have security tags but for some reason they don't go off sometimes and I wonder about how good our security things at the front doors work. Sometimes they beep when I walk through to get carts for our cashiers and sometimes they beep when I walk by them randomly and sometimes they just dont beep when I walk through them. Makes me wonder.

Same we have security tags but for some reason they don't go off sometimes and I wonder about how good our security things at the front doors work. Sometimes they beep when I walk through to get carts for our cashiers and sometimes they beep when I walk by them randomly and sometimes they just dont beep when I walk through them. Makes me wonder.
Tags don’t work.

fdsdfsdaf
Tags don’t work.
I mean obviously it's just...like do we want the thieves to know this? Btw had a cleaning crew member set off the alarm over 20 times while I was in the bathroom near the front. Like a good 5 minutes I was in there and it just kept going off. So annoying. We weren't open but they had some sort of key that was setting it off so damn often and I wanted to complain so bad but I resisted. But yeah they're super inconsistent. I walk outside on good days to chill on the bench and they don't ever go off but they always seem to go off when I come back in. Lol

The beep isn’t a bad thing it just reminded you that you have them. It often beeped when we did carry out but just ignore it unless you’re leaving for the day

Currently, only leaders are allowed into the equipment room. When you need keys or equipment, you have to flag one down. They go in, get the equipment, and put a slip in the charger with the name of the TM who has the equipment. When a TM has to have a walkie and a zebra, both devices will have the same number. Technically, you can't hand over your equipment to the next person coming in directly. They have to be turned in to the leader, and the next TM coming in then has to go to the room and have the leader sign them out again

I don’t have to deal with this problem because our store is short by about a dozen Zebras. All I hear from TMs (myself included) all morning is, “Can I borrow a MyDevice to do auto pulls” or “Can someone punch in some numbers for me?”

Why do people unloading the truck for 2 hours need MyDevices before they are actually on the floor? It makes no sense. It’s more important for people at 8 or 9am who go directly to the floor to have them.

In my store it's because they know if they wait they won't be able to get one later
I understand, I was just making a point by asking that, but it seems to me that people who come in later and go directly to the floor, should have one before the unloaders do. Things never change though. No enforcement of rules or policies at our store.

There’s more leaving a device on a shelf or in a Waco in our store than accidentally taking it home.

I don’t have to deal with this problem because our store is short by about a dozen Zebras. All I hear from TMs (myself included) all morning is, “Can I borrow a MyDevice to do auto pulls” or “Can someone punch in some numbers for me?”

Why do people unloading the truck for 2 hours need MyDevices before they are actually on the floor? It makes no sense. It’s more important for people at 8 or 9am who go directly to the floor to have them.
because if they dont grab them before you guys come in they don't get them and pushing truck often takes a my device especially for repacks and dual locations if the TM isn't super aware of new endcaps in their dept they didn't set or in-line stuff that has been changed or moved...truck has goal times they have to meet and if something like no mydevice slows them down it'll be a joke to try to meet goal....salesfloor can ask truck to borrow for a bit or ask us to help with looking up stuff but truck is also salesfloor after truck is out so we deserve a device just as much as yall...also you often need to check breakpacks with a mydevice so you dont need to open every single one you just scan it and it gives you an idea of whats inside...transition boxes with no location or are not actually transition anymore and have been set but the pick label is still transition with no location on it etc etc. Mydevices are definitely needed during unload for more efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back