Archived Ethics Training .... Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for calling/emailing someone about the fire hall, have you?
This response is so annoying. Blame the tms again because they are much more expendable? What is the purpose of the stl and etls’ leisurely, morning stroll around the store, if not to address and resolve these issues internally. Stls and etls had the advantage of watching the ethics video. Most of us are just reading about it here. Let’s put blame/responsibility where it is due.

This response is so annoying. Blame the tms again because they are much more expendable? What is the purpose of the stl and etls’ leisurely, morning stroll around the store, if not to address and resolve these issues internally. Stls and etls had the advantage of watching the ethics video. Most of us are just reading about it here. Let’s put blame/responsibility where it is due.
Ok, done, “we as the STL/ETLs, being a race and an ethnic group, take full responsibility for every fire hall and exit that is blocked”

Ok, done, “we as the STL/ETLs, being a race and an ethnic group, take full responsibility for every fire hall and exit that is blocked”

Isn't it ultimately the STLs or Store directors' responsibility to maintain a safe store environments for the guest? It's THEIR stores. Not mine. I don't get bonuses. So yes, besides your sarcasm, it is.

Isn't it ultimately the STLs or Store directors' responsibility to maintain a safe store environments for the guest? It's THEIR stores. Not mine. I don't get bonuses. So yes, besides your sarcasm, it is.
Totally.

Yes, and one of the ways they can do that is to educate the team about not blocking fire exits. To make sure every team member has this important communication, Target could add this information into a quiz required for all team members to track it electronically.

Yes, and one of the ways they can do that is to educate the team about not blocking fire exits. To make sure every team member has this important communication, Target could add this information into a quiz required for all team members to track it electronically.
But without accountability we're right back in the sinking ocean line trying to bail out with a teacup...

We got a three page document passed around told to take 3 minutes to read three pages dont take tooooooo long. Sign the sign page and get back to your uboat.

My store printed out a couple copies of a Power Point presentation that was at least 20 pages and left them on the counter in the TSC. No communication from my leaders to tell me that it needed to be done, no signs at the time clock, nothing.

I'm really surprised that Target doesn't have the training website actually track the training for each TM.

I didn't even have to sign off on having taken this ethics training, much less actually see any of it. Yet, since there's a sign up saying that it is required for all TMs, I assume someone in HR has marked me as having completed it in some system.

I can only conclude that they don't actually want the employees trained since it would be trivial to record TM progress on the existing training site. Heck, they probably use a 3rd party system and had to disable it. Just seems weird, especially for "important" training like power equipment and ethics.

I skimmed it and passed with 100%. You'd have to be a moron not to pass that

Not a word of this at my store im sure they somehow marked we all did it. They did that with other training this year. Our tl up front said our etl ge and hr didnt feel like chasng people down during remodel.

I'm really surprised that Target doesn't have the training website actually track the training for each TM.

I didn't even have to sign off on having taken this ethics training, much less actually see any of it. Yet, since there's a sign up saying that it is required for all TMs, I assume someone in HR has marked me as having completed it in some system.

I can only conclude that they don't actually want the employees trained since it would be trivial to record TM progress on the existing training site. Heck, they probably use a 3rd party system and had to disable it. Just seems weird, especially for "important" training like power equipment and ethics.
Because they would have to schedule more hours. We can't sit at a computer in the TSC taking these trainings AND cover the registers or sales floor at the same time.

That fire tunnel question tells you they know its blocked in most stores and are covering their ass when people are killed by saying we had a channel employees could report, so its their own fault they got hurt. That is all that question is - Covering their own ass, they are not going to do anything about it.
It's not just for TM use though. If a fire really did occur and guests couldn't exit through the nearest door, which could be the fire tunnel, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's very rarely blocked at my store and even then not anywhere near as much as what apparently happens at some stores, so I'm always a little surprised when I read these posts.

It's not just for TM use though. If a fire really did occur and guests couldn't exit through the nearest door, which could be the fire tunnel, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's very rarely blocked at my store and even then not anywhere near as much as what apparently happens at some stores, so I'm always a little surprised when I read these posts.

Past leadership understood why some of us were hardline about that tunnel being clear, cause they had either been through a full real deal evacuation or fire in their personal life and it was just the right thing to do. Now with the changes and how no one gives a fuck about anyone else they have never been through a real deal emergency and don't understand just how badly that needs to be open. Also when faced with so much freight and no where to put it with no direction or tools to get it cleaned up you end up shoving it where ever you have space.

Like many others here, that had a printout that we were supposed to read and then they would sign off that we read it. When they posted about their code of ethics, the first thing I thought was, "Spot has ethics?!", followed soon after with, "I wonder what they got caught doing to prompt this sudden emphasis on ethics?"

Like many others here, that had a printout that we were supposed to read and then they would sign off that we read it. When they posted about their code of ethics, the first thing I thought was, "Spot has ethics?!", followed soon after with, "I wonder what they got caught doing to prompt this sudden emphasis on ethics?"
Hence the current story line on the Retail comic, perhaps?

They just did ours in a huddle. A sheet for everyone to sign was passed around while one of the leads read off all the questions. Don't know how they had anyone who missed the huddle complete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back