Archived ETL bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a TL under GM. My ETL is ruining my job, I cannot function while at work due to being picked on and harrassed on an hourly basis from the moment I clock in. I'm treated differently than my coworkers, expectations are given, direction is given that contend with my success and productivity from this ETL. I am given almost zero help and assistance, told numerous times how ignorant I am and how bad I am at my job and lazy. This ETL is the only executive or higher that acts this way.

Others view me as a hard worker and successful business owner. I'm truly being given guidance to fail from this ETL. Is it possible for me to see my coaching on workday? Would it ruin my job totally if I choose to speak with HRBP about this ETL? I can hardly function at home because I'm constantly having fear of losing my job driven into me all day, anxiety has started to leak into my home life and affect my personal well being. Idk what to do.

I'm sick to my stomach to go into work when this ETL is there because the moment I clock in I'm told how badly I'm going to fail for the day. This is no exaggeration, this shit is literally told to me by this person. I've thought about mentioning it to DTL on visits, would that be a bad move?

I've been afraid to do that because once I do, it's possible my job will be ruined. I have mentioned it to store director and apparently had talked with my ETL about it but nothing different has changed

I’ve never gone to a job I dislike. I think it’s time to walk out the door and keep walking sorry
I've begun searching, yes. But the thing is, I have loved target up until this person stepped in and obliterated it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. The last ETL I worked for was like this too. He would do group texts off the clock, yell at you when you didn’t know how to perform a task you were never trained on, gossip about you to other TMs, etc. There are really only 4 options:

1. Quit

2. Transfer stores

3. Talk to HR-this is risky as ETL-HR will always have the back of a fellow ETL. Store manager will almost always take the ETLs side. If you do this they’ll likely start looking at ways to force you out.

4. Wait for the ETL to transfer stores or departments.

Ooooh these past years have been ripe with these types at my store. Sadly you have to decide how badly you want to stay with spot and how much you can take while waiting for this idiot to get canned or move on. I recently reached a breaking point being double teamed by an etl and tl like this. Our whole floor team did. That etl ia now on "vacation" and the tl actually got an earful fron a team member who quit after. Things are calmer now but we lost ALOT of people because of them. Not just tms either. So it bouls down to when you feel your snapoing point will be and if you think you can hold out without any side effects that will harm you or your home life. Remember its a job not a career.

I'm sick to my stomach to go into work when this ETL is there because the moment I clock in I'm told how badly I'm going to fail for the day. This is no exaggeration, this shit is literally told to me by this person. I've thought about mentioning it to DTL on visits, would that be a bad move?
I am so sorry you are dealing with that. I hope you can figure out the best solution and things get better for you!

Where does the SD (STL) stand on your performance.
What are some specific areas of opportunity that YOU can think of?
Does this ETL give you specifics about where you’re lacking in performance, or is it just a blatant “fuck you, you fucking suck”

If you know you are not lazy and bad at your job, it’s time to risk it and report this kind of treatment. I think it’s all any of us can do. I’m out the door next week, mostly because I’m excited about other opportunities, but also greatly because of this type of management. It is toxic, not worth the pay, not worth the shitty hours, not worth the stress. It sucks, it means leaving a lot of people I absolutely adore, but we all have to know when to step out and stand up for what’s right. If it doesn’t make you happy anymore, stop doing it.

You can call the hotline and make a complaint. It's confidential. But action has to be taken by HR and the persons in question will be under review. If you have to call the hotline and make a second complaint or report that nothing gets done the first time, heads. will. roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back