Archived Etl-hr documenting ETLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much authority over other ETLs does an HR have? If an HR thinks that an ETL is bad for culture, what could happen?

I wouldn't really say they have authority over the other etls. However, they do have the power that comes along with being an advocate for tms( this is how it should be when a hr does their job...doesn't happen that often). If enough tms are going to the hr and complaining about a certain etl...then the hr/etl should go to the stl and the stl can take it from there. However, more times than not if you go to the hr/etl to complain about another etl they will not only tell the etl what was said but who said it...or give them enough info they can figure it out . So, for that reason a lot of tms dont go to the hr about etl/stl related issues.

My ETL-HR is good but he's one to tell someone that a TM or whomever complained about them. I had a TM who thought I was harassing her because I spoke to her about her performance and since she was unaware that performance conversations with TMs are done privately, she felt it was just her being singled out and she went to the ETL-HR who in turn told me but I made it seem like I was unaware and just kept doing my job.

So basically, if the STL doesn't do anything, nothing will happen. Going around the STL probably won't do much good either.

ETL hr and every other ETL are all PEERS. hr has no authority over the rest of them. If she sees an issue w one, she has to go to Stl or hrbp to have something done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back