Archived ETL-HR job description?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! A little background on me, I recently graduated with a degree in business admin this month and have worked as what is equivalent to a TL at another department store for the last 3 years. Back in February, I accepted the ETL position to start this summer hoping to get LOG or AP since that is what I have the most experience in. However, I recently found out I will be an ETL-HR. I have no background in HR and I'm unsure of how this position measures up to other ETL positions. I understand that HR oversees hiring/firing/benefits, but I guess what I'm looking for is what does a typical day look like for an ETL-HR? Will my days be spent mostly at a desk? Do I still oversee team members on the sales floor? Will I conduct interviews? I am so confused as to what this position entails so any insight would be extremely helpful!! TIA!

You’ll be doing lots of interviews and scheduling. You won’t really have many if any team members report directly to you. HR doesn’t do LOD anymore either. You’ll be at your desk the vast majority of your time. Congrats and welcome!

ETL-HR is sort of evolving into a “partner” role, meaning you’re not directly tied to the store team (I mean you are), but you assist the store leaders with HR matters, such as hiring/firing, maintaining the schedule (though that is a store dependent thing as supposedly the SD is going to be the official person doing it), and being the team’s advocate... while protecting the company. You would report to the HRBP, not SD.

It’s an important role - but very different from working out on the floor. ETL-AP is similar in the fact they are a partner team, not tied directly to the store, and report to a BP (APBP).

BP=Business Partner (district level leader)

Just to add, my store's HR-ETL spends a lot of time on the sales floor pitching in wherever needed. Really at times a glorified TM. But it certainly helps out a lot in this day and age of low/no hours.

Just to add, my store's HR-ETL spends a lot of time on the sales floor pitching in wherever needed. Really at times a glorified TM. But it certainly helps out a lot in this day and age of low/no hours.
Hmmm, interesting. Yet another ASANTS thing. In my time 8 different ETL-HR have been in my store.
Only 1 of the 8 was ever seen on the salesfloor for a total of an hour or two per week, they other 7 lived in the office. Including LOD shifts when that was a thing.

ETL-HR is sort of evolving into a “partner” role, meaning you’re not directly tied to the store team (I mean you are), but you assist the store leaders with HR matters, such as hiring/firing, maintaining the schedule (though that is a store dependent thing as supposedly the SD is going to be the official person doing it), and being the team’s advocate... while protecting the company. You would report to the HRBP, not SD.

It’s an important role - but very different from working out on the floor. ETL-AP is similar in the fact they are a partner team, not tied directly to the store, and report to a BP (APBP).

BP=Business Partner (district level leader)

Thanks so much, this kind of stuff is so helpful! My poor recruiter seems extremely overwhelmed and I feel terrible bothering her all the time. I think I'm beginning to realize that is a common occurrence around here though. Haha

Make sure you have the right people as your HR Expert(s). Good ones are worth their weight in gold for assisting you with the HR workload. If you’re lucky and get an experienced team member who has that knowledge, make sure to use them as a primary resource when it comes to learning the daily routines of timekeeping, reports, etc.

No need to be rude^^&

Not trying to be rude and I’m sure OP is a good person and excited, but with all the HR issues this company is having it’s frustrating that the company even entertains someone with zero experience for the position.

You’ll be doing lots of interviews and scheduling. You won’t really have many if any team members report directly to you. HR doesn’t do LOD anymore either. You’ll be at your desk the vast majority of your time. Congrats and welcome!

My ETL hr was the only lead in the building Satursay until noon. I guess not technically the LOD. What do you call that then? Someone has to be in charge.

No one does LOD anymore. If they are the only leader in the building then they have to run the building.

I have an interview Friday for a HR position!
What can I learn to be prepared for the interview ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back