Archived ETL off the rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
Anyone ever feel their ETL doesn't truly know how to over see or manage you and just thinks they need to be involved just because they're supposed to but are unwarranted in most matters and actions? Sometimes they just get in the way! Sorry aboutcha! But I've got this under control.

giphy.gif

Anyone ever feel their ETL doesn't truly know how to over see or manage you and just thinks they need to be involved just because they're supposed to but are unwarranted in most matters and actions? Sometimes they just get in the way! Sorry aboutcha! But I've got this under control.

giphy.gif

I get along with my ETL...

In my 20 plus years with Spot ( same store). I have had around 14 etl /log. I would say 90 percent of them are have been like this. Some not as bad as others. I have had some who act like I don't have a single clue as to what I am doing. They slowly learn though that I do know what I am doing and if they just back off and leave me alone it gets done.

And you expect something different with the way they hire ETL's?

They learn quick I am to be left alone, unless they need something special. Cause shit just gets done.

Oh yeah those flats up front where the playballs that are clearance are flying out of, yeah filled it three times today.. Pulled all the fans out of the backroom for the TL to flex. Yes ETL we are ahead of you please catch up.. :cool:

One of our ETL's leans on the TL's too much, so that if we don't have a TL one night, the ETL has no clue how to run the team. He is a terrible leader overall. One other is not quite as bad, but is clueless with most things since he never really worked the logistics side of things. There is TL with him every time he works though, so that's a huge help. The 3rd is awesome. She let's us work, gets her hands dirty when she needs to (and we need it) and those nights are a breeze to get things accomplished.

I'm actually 100% surprised I have 0 etls like this. I've had them sometimes ask me to do something or if I know how to and I'll be like "yup!" and they'll just leave me to do it. I love it so much, when i was a cart attendant my GSTLs were all the way you guys describe exactly, but they laid off right away after a month or two, I love it.

I dread the day I have an ETL like this.

I had a lot of Etls like this...

The best one, was in my 10th year I had a new ETL. After about 3 months of going out of my way trying to teach her things without her ever responding, she had to give my review (she didn't write it). During the review, she told me it felt like most days I was her boss, and I needed to pay more attention to the chain of command. I said "well I guess it's true they pay you the big bucks to be in charge."

As she gets to the pay portion, I see the wheels in her brain start turning as she calculates my hourly rate into a yearly one. She looked up at me and I had the biggest shit eating grin because I knew I made significantly more than her. She just handed me the review and left. Didn't speak to me for a week, not one word.

I feel like my etls are like this, or they literally do not care about the store, our backroom is bursting at the seams from product, we have about 4 people pushing truck, and the zone is shit. But thanks pog for setting toys, but not pulling or pushing anything

I adore one of my ETLs. Hard worker, knowledgeable, great communication. I know I can come to them with anything at anytime. The others? Meh.
This.

One particular ETL we all adore. She always stays far past close to ensure everything has been taken care of. During the day, she'll hop on a register to help out. She even smells a guest with a question and she wizzes up and is all "Hey there! May I help ya find something? We have some awesome deals going down right now - what's on your shopping list??", hit record high temps a few days back and there she was ... out on the floor ... she saw an elderly woman that was clearly not feeling well so she pulled out a chair and a couple bottled waters and completed the woman's shopping so the guest could cool down and catch her breath. This ETL is just ...... awesomeness. We all tell her the same. I even found some old Vibe cards (remember those?) and have been giving them to her. She even teared up a bit - kinda warm and fuzzy and all that touchy-feelz stuff.

The remaining ETLs: meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back