Archived ETL OPS Position Being Elimiated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive heard that the ETL OPS position is going away and that it will be up to the ETL LOG responsibility? Are there stores that's like that already?

ETL OPS I think was created when the company went away from overnight stores (near the O/N and 4am cutoff) having two ETLs for logistics and instead moved one of them to during the day. The old titles were ETL LOG and ETL Replenishment for all overnight stores. Today stores with much higher volumes still have both positions overnight however.

As for it being STL Jr that applies more to SR ETL Merch who usually oversees ETL softlines and ETL hardlines in really busy stores. We have one of those in my store.

ETL-OPS was pretty much STL Jr. for larger stores.
For my district this is still true. We lost a great etl-log to etl-ops for the big store in our area. It's pretty well known that is just a matter of time til he gets his own store.

I always thought that ETL-LOG was that, not the OPS. I guess it was just a LOG I knew that carried themselves like that

Depends on your store. We are an overnight store with our ETL logistics only overseeing the truck and unload and ops handling plano instocks FAs backroom day signing etc.

Depends on your store. We are an overnight store with our ETL logistics only overseeing the truck and unload and ops handling plano instocks FAs backroom day signing etc.
Thanks for the clarification HRZone. ;);)

That almost sounds like they're just a really, really well paid Flow TL??

Ive said all the time for my store setup the best ETL position is ETL log. Only work 4 days instead of 5 like the other ETLs. Set schedule.

Only rough days for him is Fridays. We have a 9 am STL/ ETL meeting so he works from 9 pm to 9am. The other days he works 10-11 hours each. So 42-45 hours a week.

Oh yeah PMT falls under ETL Log rather than Ops but ours does his job pretty well despite his immaturity (hes 18)

Ive said all the time for my store setup the best ETL position is ETL log. Only work 4 days instead of 5 like the other ETLs. Set schedule.

Only rough days for him is Fridays. We have a 9 am STL/ ETL meeting so he works from 9 pm to 9am. The other days he works 10-11 hours each. So 42-45 hours a week.

Oh yeah PMT falls under ETL Log rather than Ops but ours does his job pretty well despite his immaturity (hes 18)

Ugh, I hated my O/N rotation. The store I was at was impossible to staff O/N. That plus O/N's drag out the truck on purpose too so you just work freight and backstock for 8-10 hours. I'd much rather be a 4AM process and just get it all done in 4-6 hours and work on other things.

Ive heard that the ETL OPS position is going away and that it will be up to the ETL LOG responsibility? Are there stores that's like that already?

Are you sure your store is not just dropping org charts due to lower sales? As of right now you earn an ETL-Operations if your log process is O/N, so they do not have to worry about the dayside functions of logistics. It would be difficult for most O/N stores to have their ETL-LOG watch over all that stuff.

Never even heard of that position but I'm always sorry to see jobs eliminated

Never even heard of that position but I'm always sorry to see jobs eliminated

High volume stores have it. Overnight process there isn't a way for the ETL log to oversee all the log process. No way in hell. He can hardly keep control of the flow team overnight much less any of us on dayside. We have to have someone here during the day otherwise we would never even get close to getting anything done since the salesfloor ETL don't give two shits about anything in the back or process until it effects them. I know our Softlines ETL would have us running her fucking reshop all day vs doing our job since we just walk around all day according to her.

High volume stores have it. Overnight process there isn't a way for the ETL log to oversee all the log process. No way in hell. He can hardly keep control of the flow team overnight much less any of us on dayside. We have to have someone here during the day otherwise we would never even get close to getting anything done since the salesfloor ETL don't give two shits about anything in the back or process until it effects them. I know our Softlines ETL would have us running her fucking reshop all day vs doing our job since we just walk around all day according to her.

My thoughts exactly. At my store we have two overnight ETLs, one who owns backroom and one who owns flow. There is no way in hell that either of them could step in for our current ETL-OPS without hurting their own process. If this does indeed happen, I can guarantee that our ETL-LOG will just deputize the dayside BRTL to act in their stead for all matters Dayside. They are barely keeping their own overnight process afloat, there is no way that they can afford to stretch their attention any further.

The only other option I can think of is that they might dump the responsibilities of the current ETL-OPS position onto another ETL within the store, and I cannot see that going well at all. Logistics is already in a bad place within Target, and it will completely go to shit if they dump Dayside backroom leadership onto some other ETL in the building.

If they combined it would make sense for SF ETL to take on presentation.

Last edited:
im at small volume. etl ops is going away starting next fiscal year ( Feb) and its up to etl log to own it. i heard ALL Etl ops are going away regardless of size or maybe just small volume...

I'm in a large volume store and we have a SF ETL who owns market (dry and pfresh), HBA, Paper/Chemical/Pets, Toys/Seasonal, Electronics and Backroom/Receiving. STL asked for her help for Backroom and Receiving bec it was getting so out of hand in there. I don't know it they were in the red but it was crazy at that time. She is that awesome. <3

im at small volume. etl ops is going away starting next fiscal year ( Feb) and its up to etl log to own it. i heard ALL Etl ops are going away regardless of size or maybe just small volume...
If you're a smaller volume, then you shouldn't have an overnight process and therefore shouldn't have an ETL-Ops to begin with. The reason for an Ops is to run dayside logistics processes such as backroom day, POG, pricing, and receiving, while the Log runs the overnight flow and backroom teams.

If you're a smaller volume, then you shouldn't have an overnight process and therefore shouldn't have an ETL-Ops to begin with. The reason for an Ops is to run dayside logistics processes such as backroom day, POG, pricing, and receiving, while the Log runs the overnight flow and backroom teams.

Thanks for this our ETL Ops was LOD today and was her usual cheery self. I dont think shes going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back