Archived ETL Required Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be ASANT but we have to an one ETL working everyday. They have to open, LOD shifts and close 1 weekend a month so the sr's aren't always doing it.

As with most companies, once your "salaried"... you're at the mercy of the business. So, I don't think you'll ever see the amount of hours expected of you "in writing". I think it's safe to assume you don't walk out the door at EXACTLY 40 hours. If you're a dedicated Leader (or manager, depending on your company) you would WANT to "give" a little more time to achieve goals, develop the Team, catch up on paperwork, etc. It's been my experience that a 48-hour "salaried" work week is preferred, but not demanded. In my current store, that seems to be the norm, as well. Take a look at your STL's average weekly hours and mimic that. Monkey see, Monkey do.

I may be in the minority here but the majority of ETLs I have worked with worked around 60. The expectations were so high that they were doing a lot of their teams work. I think the hours allocated for certain tasks and service are realistic only if you work in a perfect store with perfect equipment perfect attendance,perfect guests and perfect team members. In order for them to have green work centers they have to get in and get dirty with the team. There is nothing wrong with that to a point but there are other things they need to focus on. Closing ETL calls in on their closing weekend? If they can't get in touch with any other ETLS its an iron day, open to close. Alarm call in the middle of the night? You come in to deal with it no matter how far away you live. A perk is that they can cover for each other if you need to check out early. And the worst part in my opinion is the same thing team members deal with...Close open mid open close etc. No regular sleeping pattern. No regular family life. But to answer the original question, years ago it was in black and white that 50-60 was expected. And it did increase during "peak weeks"

I have seen an etl push, pull, use the Bailer for like 2 hours. Reshop. Tms look at em like " yeah you bitch do it" he doesn't even get a " hey good job man" he seems miserable.

I have seen it all. My old store was an AA volume with 8 etls/stl. The LOD shifts were 6 hours. My ETL HR didn't even work 40 a week. But q4 all ETLs are working 50 minimum with no weekends.

Our ETLs work roughly 4 days a week, but usually average 8-10 hour days. We're a AAA+ store so it really paints a picture of how much crap my ETLs have to go through during their shifts. Some of them really just come by for the hell of it to help out. ASANTS, but my ETLs are awesome. Except the Market ETL, lol.

That's not bad at all. At lower volume stores it's 5 days usually 9-11 hours.
Yup! I noticed that when I went to go work at other Targets. Don't really know how my ETLs can do those days and let the store function, but somehow it works haha

I am in a ULV store .I couldn't tell you how many hours our stl works cause shes in and out so much. You will think shes gone but she comes back...or she may pop in for a few hours and be gone for several days. Etls0 n average work 10 hour days 5 days a week. Our stl also ( I am sure other stores are like this not all but at least some ) gives the etls permission to leave ( when shes in the building ). I have heard an etl tell the stl that she was leaving for the day. The stl will ask did you team get xyz done....the etl replied with the closing team is going to keep working on it . The stl then told the etl I prefer you not to leave till its done. ( anyone with common sense would know that this is the stl saying you are not leaving till its done...but they are wording it where it doesn't sound so harsh.) Etl said well I have plans so I am going to get out of here I will make sure the closing team gets it done. The stl then told the etl You will not leave until its done. I felt bad for the etl...but then I remembered how big of a .... she could be and I didn't feel so bad for her anymore.

Last edited:
this is the biggest asants.

we have a stl who has no problem putting in 18 hour days so when he asks what time are you coming in, most want to say as early as possible. some want to put in tons of hours helping on fire areas of the store to help out.

others, etl's do shit and sit in clerical and do nothing. store looks like shit? idk.

this is the biggest asants.

we have a stl who has no problem putting in 18 hour days so when he asks what time are you coming in, most want to say as early as possible. some want to put in tons of hours helping on fire areas of the store to help out.

others, etl's do shit and sit in clerical and do nothing. store looks like shit? idk.
@monkeyman90 i couldn't agree more. I've worked at several stores and the one store I worked at the STL worked with the team in order to fix and repair broken "processes" and red workcenters. You actually SEEN the results over a period of time and in the end ALL benefitted from tm's up to the etl's. Promotions also happened a lot internally as well. Normally though when an STL does so well with a store like that, they are asked to go to another store to repair it's broken processes as well so they don't normally stay very long. If your Stl has been around long, they probably 1) don't want to move up or 2) haven't figured out the secret yet. But to stay on topic, ETL hours, normally 45-60 I've seen.

The typical agreed upon number is 47.5 (50 hours minus lunches).

Depending on position, ACTUAL is 40 to 60+

Generally speaking from most to least;
Log/replen
Ops
Food
Merch
St
He
Hr/ap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back