Archived ETL Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a management class at my University, and we have to put together a management training class based on our research from other large corporations training programs.
Would anyone be able to tell me specifics or like take a picture of their old training packets or agendas to help me get a better idea of what I should include for my training program?
Any help would be appreciated!

Even if everything remains anonymous? I mean I completely understand, and I am in no way trying to copy Targets training program, I just need real life based examples to compare to for my research.

Okay, understandable. Can you explain to me a little about the program?

Awesome, thank you!! I will keep checking back to see if anyone replies!

Kartman likes to be a troll sometimes but I'm sure a former ETL can give you some advice here.
So my previous posts are a lie?

And the key word is sometimes. :>)

No copyrighted Target materials will be posted here.
If a ETL wishes to share their experiences about the training that is acceptable.

I am in a management class at my University, and we have to put together a management training class based on our research from other large corporations training programs.
Would anyone be able to tell me specifics or like take a picture of their old training packets or agendas to help me get a better idea of what I should include for my training program?
Any help would be appreciated!
Here is the other guy's link:
http://targetfiling.blogspot.com
There is a lot of info there.

As @commiecorvus said, we cannot dispense Target's internal documents here. You may want to consider going into a nearby store and inquiring with their HR personnel. ETL training is done beyond the store level, but they might give you contact information for the local recruiter or whoever in the hierarchy is in charge of ETL training.

The ETL training is largely self driven, which is why most new etls are terrible, none of then own it.

As for training materials, most things are online now.

Target's training program is good if there was any follow through. They have the tools in place but people get lost in the constant shit storms and then training just gets signed off because you get too wrapped up in other shit.

Then they expect you to be awesome and are shocked when you're doing a shitty job. I've seen too many ETLs thrown into the fire because they didn't take on training themselves. Same for TLs.

Target's training program is good if there was any follow through. They have the tools in place but people get lost in the constant shit storms and then training just gets signed off because you get too wrapped up in other shit.

Then they expect you to be awesome and are shocked when you're doing a shitty job. I've seen too many ETLs thrown into the fire because they didn't take on training themselves. Same for TLs.

Which may explain why when TMs get short shrift on training some ETLs don't think it's such a big deal.
After all it happened to them and they managed so why can't everyone else?
Of course that proves they didn't manage, and can't, manage but they are never going to understand that because they weren't fully trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back