Archived ETLs and tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.
My STL has several visible tattoos and she said she has about six others all over

My ETL AP has a tattoo on his bicep that peeks out from his polo. I've inadvertently gotten a look at my ETL HL's lower back tattoo. ETL GE has one behind her ear and on her foot. I think my ETL Flow has some but I never noticed. I don't work with her much. Two of my TL's have very visible tattoos. One has both sleeves. The other has a big forearm piece. I have a fairly big tattoo on my forearm as well. No big deal here lol
I'm sorry, I know this isn't part of the OP topic.....but your store has an ETL-Flow? :eek: What's that like?

Five out of our nine ETLs have fully visible face tattoos.

And one of them doesn't have tattoos, but under his uniform, he frequently wears one of those The Situation Halloween costumes where the sleeves look like tattoos.

No leaders in my store have visible tatoos, but our DTL does on her ankle. It's kind of strange to see.

The Group VP even has one. Again.... that's a level I would not expect

I've seen my ETL-LOG's tattoos on multiple occasions, but he was a marine, and are marine themed "semper fi", his platoon, etc.
I think that would be easier to get by with.

I have wrist tattoos, whole right forearm, and a few finger tatts. Just accepted an ETL position with no questions about my tatts. I am, however, curious about my nose ring... I took it out for my interviews and I'm not sure if it matters if I wear it at work. As a VMTL, I've worn my gauges, nose ring, and tongue rings without feeling insecure but now as an ETL, idk if I "can" wear them. I haven't worn my tongue rings in months and probably won't ever again... but I wonder if it's cool that I wear my nose ring. And to be clear, I wear the ring type only... not the studs. What do you guys think??

I have wrist tattoos, whole right forearm, and a few finger tatts. Just accepted an ETL position with no questions about my tatts. I am, however, curious about my nose ring... I took it out for my interviews and I'm not sure if it matters if I wear it at work. As a VMTL, I've worn my gauges, nose ring, and tongue rings without feeling insecure but now as an ETL, idk if I "can" wear them. I haven't worn my tongue rings in months and probably won't ever again... but I wonder if it's cool that I wear my nose ring. And to be clear, I wear the ring type only... not the studs. What do you guys think??

Keep the style clean and see what happens.. Nose rings are a culture thing so depending on where you are, it is a smaller deal than you think.. I think of a nose ring as a very vanilla piercing. - says the TM with a half sleeve and seven other larger tattoos.

I completely understand what you mean about the piercing issue. I had my ears pierced and took them out when I started interning because of how I thought it might be viewed. It definitely would be an offstage type of conversation if there was an issue with your piercings. My STL always says she doesn't care how you dress or look just as long as a guest or a new TM just hired on can look at you and know that when they're speaking to you that you're a leader in the building and not just another TM....in short, if a guest says "lemme speak to a manager" they shouldn't be in complete shock or thinking you're lying when you say I am one.

And here PetSmart and Hobby Lobby won't even allow visible tattoos. HL does start you at 15 bucks an hour, however...

Target is the one place you can look how you want to for the most part. We have ETLs with sleeves, nose piercings, gauges etc.

I wouldnt keep a tongue ring though, I doubt people would take you too seriously.

We have a male TL who wears a bun on the top of his head. It's about the silliest look I've ever seen.

Meh, when I had long hair I wore it in a semi-bun, but not on the top of my head. I just wanted it out of the way when I was working.

It goes with Target's whole welcoming diversity vibe.

Funny, I thought diversity was an old, old wooden ship that was used during the civil war era.

None of our ETL team have tattoos, or at the very least none of them are visible.

Now several of our team members are very "inked up" and they are not required to cover them.

At my store we have tattoos, piercings, gauging, the obligatory hipster beards, and neon colored hair.

our etl-LOG recently got a full shoulder down the arm to elbow tattoo and you can only see the bottom of it. its really dark and hard to miss. im shocked he hasnt shown it off as part of his midlife crisis that he is going through. but he can be pretty cowardly so i guess his new "tough guy look" is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back