Archived ETL's favorite department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!For all the ETL's out there, what is your favorite department to lead (HL, SL, HR, GE, AP, etc.) and why?

Last edited:
I'm a Hardlines fan myself...I like having a planogram and having exact measurements and fixtures. In Softlines there's too much flexibility...also I don't like how much more control the guests have to ruin everything on the carpet. We could spend 20 hours setting an adjacency and by the end of the week you can hardly tell because the racks have moved around, racks and tables are light because we've sold product, etc. Meanwhile we can set all of Seasonal and it sits pretty for at least a month.

Not an ETL but I would like HR...

I think that I would like sitting down for a couple hours every day.... wait, that's what all ETLs do!

And for Salesfloor_ETL, you actually set up an adjacency! If only some of my execs could learn how to work! It seems that the ETLs that will work along side their team get the most respect from their team... For the others that think even though we had 3 call ins and it is my area it isn't my job to work pulls, do revisions, or zone!! Take a lesson from the execs that get on the same level as a TM and your team will work for you!!!!

I think that I would like sitting down for a couple hours every day.... wait, that's what all ETLs do!

And for Salesfloor_ETL, you actually set up an adjacency! If only some of my execs could learn how to work! It seems that the ETLs that will work along side their team get the most respect from their team... For the others that think even though we had 3 call ins and it is my area it isn't my job to work pulls, do revisions, or zone!! Take a lesson from the execs that get on the same level as a TM and your team will work for you!!!!

Some ETL's are like that. MY ETL's are great. They put just the same amount of sweat and tears into our store as us TLs do..

At my store, a lot of ETL's take ownership of TSC. I mean they set up camp and are like a commando for the day.:excited:

Seasonal sits pretty for a month!?!? Do you hide it from the guest? yeesh

I've done GE & HL and did a short run of LOG while she was on 12 week maternity loa (in November...yaaaaay)

Out of those 3 I say HL is the most interactive, challenging and fun.
GE ... or G Easy as we like to call it is nice if you want to expand and take on some big store projects, but most GE's juss chill...

But if I could choose, I would do AP any day. The AP at my store is a good friend of mine and sometimes I help the AP team burn boosters... oh the fun of having a position where you get to get paid more than a cop to be one...

I would be one of those HRs that get out to the floor and do work along side the team. I wouldn't be a office HR like mine is!

I would be one of those HRs that get out to the floor and do work along side the team. I wouldn't be a office HR like mine is!

That sounds like our HRTL. I'd rather she stay in the TSC though because she's clueless when it comes to anything else! Our ETL-HR usually hangs out in his office, but he did back-up cash a little bit during the holidays when we were short on cashiers and not-so-short on ETLs.

I have no problem calling my ETL-GE to backup cashier. The faster she comes out and helps, the faster the both of us can finish what we were doing.

I have no problem calling my ETL-GE to backup cashier. The faster she comes out and helps, the faster the both of us can finish what we were doing.

If we don't get the responses we need we ask ETL's by name to come out and help run register. Needless to say, once anyone hears us call an ETL or even the STL they run to the check lanes........

My ETL-AP argues that ETL-GE is the easiest position because you always have one of your supervisors in the store. He wishes he always had some of his AP team members in the store.

Ah, but is the easiest job the best job? Agree with other posters that the best etls are the ones who take a genuine interest in helping here and there with the processes. If there is a gap, they don't hesitate to jump in and fill that gap so we as a team are successful. We will respect the heck out of you and work harder to impress you.

Writing us a ton of gtc doesn't work.

Ah, but is the easiest job the best job? Agree with other posters that the best etls are the ones who take a genuine interest in helping here and there with the processes. If there is a gap, they don't hesitate to jump in and fill that gap so we as a team are successful. We will respect the heck out of you and work harder to impress you.

Writing us a ton of gtc doesn't work.

Agreed. My fave ETL-GE was one I had several years ago who could always be found on the floor helping us out with myriad tasks. We all loved her for it. She also routinely got in trouble from our STL for working too much and not showing enough leadership and delegation.

But if I could choose, I would do AP any day. The AP at my store is a good friend of mine and sometimes I help the AP team burn boosters... oh the fun of having a position where you get to get paid more than a cop to be one...

Boosters. Dam, Before I become a APTL at my store some lady got away with a ton of priolsec. I've been a APTL for 2 years now and 3 years as a TPS. I have never encountered one of those crazy take everything shoplifters. But I do hear that some of them work for gangs, that could be a very scary apprehension....

Boosters. Dam, Before I become a APTL at my store some lady got away with a ton of priolsec. I've been a APTL for 2 years now and 3 years as a TPS. I have never encountered one of those crazy take everything shoplifters. But I do hear that some of them work for gangs, that could be a very scary apprehension....

We have two "rings" of boosters in our district, we have target investigators and target forensics people in our store all the time. It's going to be one big story when they nap these idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back