Archived ETLs leaving en masse

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with the uptick in the economy, has anybody's store been stripped of management? I swear we're down five ETLs right now and more are leaving. Everytime I turn my head another team member is leaving for another job. I've never seen my store this empty. Even my flow team has lost 20% of the crew in just the past 3 months.

I believe we have eight ETL positions at my store, it could be 7 but at one time we had 8 working at the same time. We also have 2 SRTLs that have had to cover almost all the closings. Over the past month we lost 4 including our STL. My store in particular is being poached by a certain major online retailer and, going into 4th quarter this unprepared, I'm already expecting the store to do shit business.

This isn't unusual, this is the best time of year for a salaried leader to leave. Its not during q4 when the store can't replace you.

My feeling is that Target pays ETLs fairly generously the first 10 months of the year. However for Novemebrr and December considering they have to work almost every weekend and are expected to put in long days this is the time of year to leave.

IMO it's better to be a senior team lead than an etl during the holidays because you get overtime for the 50-60 hour weeks you put in. During the first 10 months our ETLs only worked 40 hours a week so they made a lot more than everyone else on a per hour basis

Last edited:
We haven't had anyone leave, and we even added an ETL this year.

We just lose them one or two at a time every quarter or so.

Also, 8 ETL positions? Wow. I think right now we have HR, SF/GE and LOG.

This isn't unusual, this is the best time of year for a salaried leader to leave. Its not during q4 when the store can't replace you.

My feeling is that Target pays ETLs fairly generously the first 10 months of the year. However for Novemebrr and December considering they have to work almost every weekend and are expected to put in long days this is the time of year to leave.

IMO it's better to be a senior team lead than an etl during the holidays because you get overtime for the 50-60 hour weeks you put in. During the first 10 months out ETLs only worked 40 hours a week so they made a lot more than everyone else on a per hour basis

I think it depends on the store itself. I have (within the same district) absolutely loved being an ETL at one store and hated it at the next. If your STL is a jerk, your peers are all out for themselves, and you are in a store that cannot get staffed... well your life is hell until you move positions. If you are a store that has no problems getting people and the ETLs and STL have been around for a long time (and get along) then you get away with barely working and its awesome.

In terms of the ETLs leaving, I think every district has a countdown clock at this point. The question is how fast its ticking to when you see the ETL exodus take place.

Our flow team (Veterans) are dropping like flies (and I don't blame them). The ETL's at my store are actually quite stable, with maybe a new one coming in every 1-1.5 years. Quality Flow TM's having a mass exodus, is going to make a very rough 4th Quarter.

In my district there has been a lot of changes this year in leadership from DTLs to STLs to ETLs. But it’s not a mass exit. Usually it’s one or two every couple months but certainly this year brought a lot of suprise exits. I think they try too hard and then burn themselves out if they don’t achieve the results.

My store only has two etls and of course an stl .. One log and one salesfloor. We have a four srtls. One of the etls has been acting very different lately.. and the stl has been up her hiney a lot lately. So I am expecting her to leave anytime .

What's this I hear about seniors getting overtime? This is my first year being a tl during the holidays, let alone being a senior... Is this a common thing?

Also my store has had the same etls for the past year and a half with the only ones leaving are extras... It's getting kind of boring honestly and I wish some of them would leave

We’ve lost 2 etl , an stl , a sr tl , a dtl in the last 2 months ...
And at least , 7 tms ...
It is a mass exodus ...
most are moving our of state for better paying jobs ...

This thread should be prefaced that a normal ETL rotation is 18 months. Some stay 36 and in rare cases they stay longer.

So if your ETL moves to another store that's not turnover, it's regular Target rotations.

Now if your ETL leaves the company that is true turnover.

What's this I hear about seniors getting overtime? This is my first year being a tl during the holidays, let alone being a senior... Is this a common thing?

It only makes sense. If you are a senior your LOD shifts will get longer as the store is open later.

Our seniors get around 10 hours a week of OT q4 but Asants.

As a senior you won't be able to run a green department q4 and take LOD shifts limiting yourself to just 40 hours a week.

I believe we have eight ETL positions at my store, it could be 7 but at one time we had 8 working at the same time. We also have 2 SRTLs that have had to cover almost all the closings. Over the past month we lost 4 including our STL. My store in particular is being poached by a certain major online retailer and, going into 4th quarter this unprepared, I'm already expecting the store to do shit business.
IF its amazon, they will hate working there. If you dont understand why there is a NYTimes article on the culture of Amazon

no as overtime is rare for TL and SrTls. You are supposed to leave early or cut somewhere if you are going to work 40. Like this delightful saturday where I will have to give back an 1 hr I took because of the idiocy on tuesday

This thread should be prefaced that a normal ETL rotation is 18 months. Some stay 36 and in rare cases they stay longer.

So if your ETL moves to another store that's not turnover, it's regular Target rotations.

Now if your ETL leaves the company that is true turnover.

It only makes sense. If you are a senior your LOD shifts will get longer as the store is open later.

Our seniors get around 10 hours a week of OT q4 but Asants.

As a senior you won't be able to run a green department q4 and take LOD shifts limiting yourself to just 40 hours a week.

Hmmm thats not what my ETL-HR said. She said that unless OT is authorized even LOD shifts have to fall under 40 if you arent salary. So I guess asants

Hmmm thats not what my ETL-HR said. She said that unless OT is authorized even LOD shifts have to fall under 40 if you arent salary. So I guess asants

Im talking about q4 when overtime is authorized. We had a backroom team member work 66 hours at my store last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back