Archived Ever call out because you had to do "everything"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. What about not getting both your 15 minute breaks during your shift?

Would be the TMS. You can get fired in California for hitting compliance once. Their laws when it comes to breaks are definitely the strictest in the nation

Last edited:
Honestly I’ve never understood calling out in general. Work sucks sometimes, but you’re basically throwing away money. If it ever got to a point where the job wasn’t worth the money, I’d find a different job.
Sometimes calling out is the only option you have. It doesn't matter if you are throwing money away or not. If you have to call out then you have to call out . Doesn't mean you don't care about your job.

Thing is, there are only so many hours in a day and your workload shouldn't exhaust you. Work at a pace that you can be comfortable with and no one can complain fairly. Stick to that mindset and you have nothing to worry about.
Grant it being ASANTS and I don't know how your store works but this wouldn't work at my store ( and from what I read on here it wouldn't work at mo st stores). Spot doesn't care what pace we are comfortable with they expect xyz to get done. They can and do expect one person to do now what three people were doing a year ago. They don't care if its pushing your physical limits etc. They just want the work done they don't care if you are running around ( literally) sweating your butt off .

at my store we can be interrupted on our 15 but it has to be extended if interrupted
My state too: if the break is interrupted the timer restarts. We have legally mandated 10-minute rest periods though Spot gives 15 minutes. Interrupt me and my break restarts from the beginning. Of course the timer resets on compliance too. They don't bother me anymore. Like HRZone, they go running the opposite direction.

giphy.gif

On break!

Honestly I’ve never understood calling out in general. Work sucks sometimes, but you’re basically throwing away money. If it ever got to a point where the job wasn’t worth the money, I’d find a different job.

Don't knock it till you try it. It can be great, like a breath of fresh air.

Some days I just wake up and know I'm gonna call out. Never once regretted it. I'll never not enjoy a day at the pool over getting carts in the hot ass sun.

My state too: if the break is interrupted the timer restarts. We have legally mandated 10-minute rest periods though Spot gives 15 minutes. Interrupt me and my break restarts from the beginning. Of course the timer resets on compliance too. They don't bother me anymore. Like HRZone, they go running the opposite direction.
Oh at my store the clock doesn't restart it's just if you're interrupted (during your 15, interrupting a 30 is a big no no) for say 5 mins, you just get 5 mins added on.

Grant it being ASANTS and I don't know how your store works but this wouldn't work at my store ( and from what I read on here it wouldn't work at mo st stores). Spot doesn't care what pace we are comfortable with they expect xyz to get done. They can and do expect one person to do now what three people were doing a year ago. They don't care if its pushing your physical limits etc. They just want the work done they don't care if you are running around ( literally) sweating your butt off .

Fair to say if you see me sweating and moving left, right and center to get it all done and I apologize at the end of my shift and even offer to extend...you cannot get on me about anything. I hold that opinion strongly and have only twice felt unfairly criticized for my work in 2 years here.

Fair to say if you see me sweating and moving left, right and center to get it all done and I apologize at the end of my shift and even offer to extend...you cannot get on me about anything. I hold that opinion strongly and have only twice felt unfairly criticized for my work in 2 years here.
Maybe during your two years with Spot you have had better leadership than most of us .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back