Archived Ever had a TM die at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a former coworker die as well. On April Fools Day, and he was absolutely the type of person who could have possibly been playing an elaborate prank when we got the initial call.

We have lost a few. AIDS, cancer, heart attack, chronic alcoholism.

This is horrible. I am so sorry. I'd like to think the store could provide some grief counseling. @Hardlinesmaster or @HRLady , is this something the Company does ?
On a side note.... maybe someone can start a collection to help her family w/ funeral costs. or possibly take meals to her family in their weakest time.
Very sorry again.
Sorry for the delayed response. At my store, a tm killed themselves by OD. We got support from other stores to go the funeral. Sad part, they did not talk to anyone about their issues at the store. They gave up on fighting the beast.

About two Cart Attendants before me at my Iowa store. Shot by LP suspect.

The hell is an LP suspect?
Loss Prevention suspect aka thief

The story was AP gave chase to the suspect up to the doors and stopped. The suspect thought the CA was pursuing AP and shot him. There is a memorial plaque next to the store's TMSC. Suspect never arrested.

Glad I left that store. Years earlier, 2 AP TMs were shot. There have been tornadoes, floods, and other multiple shootings around that store.

Last edited:
Had a TM die in a shooting. Their partner (with whom they had a child) still worked with us after. :(

Another TM passed away from cancer a while after I transferred.

Had a team member who was like a second mother to me that passed away suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack one night. Everyone from the store pitched in to help her husband and her son afterwards including when they decided to move because the memories their home held made it too difficult to move forward after she died. The entire softlines team and several other TMs (including me) and 2 TLs went to the funeral despite it being a good 2 hours away from the store so she could be buried on a family plot.

Yes...a TM was hospitalized and due to previous issues her health had been compromised...she died only a few days after being in the hospital. She was well-liked. A lot of TMs went to her funeral....and after her family sent a wonderful note to the store thanking us all for being so supportive.

I worked at another company of about 100 employees and our COO (who was loved by all) had to have emergency brain surgery on Xmas eve day.....she was buried on New Years eve. Every day between her surgery and the turning off of life support we had a company meeting to update us on what was going on. It was one of the most difficult times, not just for me, but for all of us at that company. I believe that almost all of us went to her funeral. The funeral was on a Saturday so, thankfully, the company was closed. There were car-pools set up for people to go to calling hours and for the funeral.
Ever since the COO died, I have a hard time when people use the term "brain dead." Means something way different now than it did before.

Losing a co-worker is a difficult thing to have to deal with and get through.

A few cashiers from my first store passed while I worked there. A significant other of TM in my workcenter passed at my second store which was rough as we had been working together throughout the year progression of the disease.

On a slightly related note, as part of my donation this year I chose to give to the Target Team Member fund if anyone still needs to fill out their card and is able to donate. I think Target matches donations to that one but I'm not 100% sure.

A few cashiers from my first store passed while I worked there. A significant other of TM in my workcenter passed at my second store which was rough as we had been working together throughout the year progression of the disease.

On a slightly related note, as part of my donation this year I chose to give to the Target Team Member fund if anyone still needs to fill out their card and is able to donate. I think Target matches donations to that one but I'm not 100% sure.
Spot matches up to 500k

A former TM died of an illness; his wife, a long-term TM also at my store, went on leave to care for him. Was glad to see her come back because she's an excellent worker. Was rough for her, of course. He wasn't at the store for all that long; probably most TMs didn't even know how ill he was.

3 really amazing women passed from cancer when I worked at spot. I started when I was 16 so I basically worked with half my life. The first was the flow tel who taught me alot. The second was our operator who would always give me a Christmas card every year. The last one hurt the most she basically taught me every thing I knew. She encouraged me to become a tl when they offered me it. She just passed last year , after she passed nothing felt the same at my store for me . We also had a vendor die in the store. I always said market was cursed

No one that I know of

But we're connected to a Mall, and some one did kill themselves by jumping off from the railing not that far from us

The fool shoulda waited until he went on break!

We had an elderly woman, a cashier, who everyone loved. She had a lot of health problems, but her death was unexpected. She was on register and suddenly collapsed...she died at the hospital, something diabetes related. It was really sad and sometimes when I pass the register she used to be on, I feel myself getting sad :/

our store manager went in for back surgery, had complications and died on the table. it happened around thanksgiving time.

We had a tm pass in his sleep. He had worked at the store since it opened and it was devastating for everyone. Surrounding stores came to help so that we could all go to the funeral and they also provided grief counseling at the store.

Older cashier left work and went to Dr for cold on a Monday found out it was cancer that night and died the next day.
Cart attendant shot by shoplifter in the parking lot
Longtime sales floor team member passed after a brutal battle with cancer
Younger team member passed in her sleep
ETL lost a battle with brain cancer

worked for spot for a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back