Archived Ever had a TM die at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 10 that were current team members, or had moved stores. Too many to count on former team members.

We had too many TMs passed last year ... each time a store huddle was called ,we were wondering who else passed ..
cancer , car accident , heart attack ...
Flow lost 3 TMs , and the TL had to break the news each time !!! It was tough on him !

A couple years back, a former flow TM died in an accident early morning. His sister was working flow then, and he had been pretty close to a lot of the team, a few left for the day when they got the news and we had a huddle the next day to have a moment of silence for him. A sad day.

Oh I forgot we actually had a gal die in jewelry. Poor lady had a heart attack :( that was way before my time but our 30yr vets remeber her. Thry use her story to remind us younguns that no job is worth your health

I'm curious how many guests have dropped dead on Target property.

When I first started, in 2015, a guest slipped and had to get emergency knee surgery all because of a piece of ice on the ground on the sales floor.

Not enough.
139035361828.png

Yea I'm sure guests dropping dead would help us to have bigger paychecks.

We had a flow guy who got on at Target at the same time I did (we were in orientation together) and he worked there for a few months and then suddenly had a seizure out of the blue, not while working but probably in the worst place to have one...a swimming pool. It was super freaky because he was 32 and had never had one before. It roughed him up bad and he was bedridden for weeks afterwards. Yikes. He never came back to Target, which was a bummer because he was cool and a hard worker and I liked working with him. All around shitty situation for reals.

Older cashier left work and went to Dr for cold on a Monday found out it was cancer that night and died the next day.
Cart attendant shot by shoplifter in the parking lot
Longtime sales floor team member passed after a brutal battle with cancer
Younger team member passed in her sleep
ETL lost a battle with brain cancer

worked for spot for a long time.....
Your user name reminds me of the original interview packet when I was a Team Lead and had to interview candidates

Years ago, there was a team member that was known for having a drinking problem. One night during a visit to a local bar, the team member got into a fight with someone and was stabbed to death.

Y'all. I went into shop today and one of my TMs told me that one of our softlines TMs died over the weekend. He was in his 20s, and they're not sure if it was drugs, alcohol, suicide or some combo thereof.

He was a super great guy and the best TM you could hope to work with, and we're all taking it pretty hard.

I noticed he hadn't been in the past week or so--noticeable because the guy was always there, always cheerful, always grabbing call boxes, going for carry outs, first to volunteer to back up the lanes, you name it.

Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back