• Thread starter taibo123
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 928
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

taibo123

As title states. I know what the roles entail, and general basis of them. What important things should I know going in about the role of GSTL and that of an LOD?

What are some brief routines for E, M, L?

Like @Hardlinesmaster said you’re going to be running the store on LOD shifts. Have you already been job offered?

With ETL internships and training they get your feet wet before making you swim with the sharks. For SrTL it’s a little bit aggressive as far as learning your job center, learning LOD, an learn other job centers so you can be an effective LOD all in a strict 8hr/40 per week schedule. Not to mention you’ll train at another store and learn their routines prior to being assigned to your home store and finding out they do everything differently.

Yeah I have already accepted the role, start next Monday. Sounds like a good time.

I'm not a LOD, ETL or TL - but i know a good amount. As a SR TL at my store atleast, they always rotate closes between monday/friday.

Late- Get in and hand off with the Morning LOD (sometimes mid, especially on weekends) and take notes down. Call outs, notes, ops (opportunities to fix tomorrow morning), late, etc. Write the breakout (where closers zone, what time they take breaks). Sometimes the earlier hardlines TL will write the hardlines/electronics/beauty breakout, sometimes the soft lines one will too. If not, you can always hand that to the TLOD. Check your email, but not for too long. Your other leadership peers will get annoyed when your checking your email FOREVER when it takes just a little bit. Take LOD calls. Have a grid on you from the morning LOD or your own - near the end of the night you will walk the store while walking zones, and take notes of OPs. (opportunities to fix, such as an empty front endcap) ALWAYS be willing to backup, or when the GSTL/GSA calls for backup, MAKE SURE THEY GET BACKUP! call out your closers individually to go up there.

Mids- For my store, this is usually weekend only. Does not happen all the time, such as when the mid LOD usually has a vacation. Backup the morning LOD as much as possible, and help them out. You are the LOD too, so if they're is a LOD call whoever can answer first. Check on the line throughout the day and make sure people are pushing. Get with your TLs in the morning and see what they are working on. Make sure you have myAlerts on no matter what LOD shift you are - for my store example, weekends get crazy and it TMs usually get close to compliance. As the SR GSTL, my store has a starbucks and the GSTL(s) are cross-trained there.

Early- Open the door in a quick amount of time when the doorbell rings. If your store opens at 7am, you probably won't start until 6:30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back