Archived Extra 10 percent offbrands

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was announced at our evening huddle that TMs will be able to get an extra 10 percent off for a week or two later this month on all Target brands. I know this includes the brands Market Pantry, up & up, Choxie, Sutton & Dodge, Wine Cube, and Archer Farms, but ones of my TLs thought it also sometimes included some of the clothing brands. Does anyone know for certain?

Added on Dec 16:

I received postcard today about this. It includes:
Archer Farms
Market Pantry
up & up
Gilligan & O'Malley
Room Essentials
Xhilaration
Cherokee
Merona
Mossimo
Champion
Circo
At Home

Last edited:
any Target Brand, Circo, Mossimo, for example, food brands as well, will be an extra 10% off December 18-31, just by presenting our employee discount card when we check out. There are like 9 different brands owned brands included. Your STL or ETL-HR should have posted the list near the time clock. Choxie should be included, yum!

Nice of Spot give us the 10%.
I remember when they used to do this fairly regularly.
This is the first time in a while.
It's appreciated.

Yeah whatever happened to me getting a 10 percent off for a month card in the mail every couple months?!?

my guess that it was too expensive to print all the cards, distribute them, simpler to just give the extra discount on the card we already carry.

and why not as often - gotta cost them to give us the discount

I remember when we'd get a whole month of extra discount, not just two weeks. Seems a little cheap of them...

My STL told me it was all Target brands.

that is good news,it was a regular thing in 2010 but do not think it has happened this year,it all helps.

I think that we should just always get the extra 10% (or even just 5%!) off of Target brand products. It would be a great perk/incentive for TMs to buy our own brand.

Your STL or ETL-HR should have posted the list near the time clock.
No list yet when I went to check the Dec 18-24 schedule this evening. I was actually surprised that was even up already. Hopefully it will be up by Sunday.

Do you guys still use the paper discount cards? I have yet to get mine for walmart (need to be there 90 days) but ours is like a credit card and we swipe it in nthe card reader.

Yeah, those cheap things that don't scan half the time. Some veteran TMs at my store got theirs laminated.

i think they got rid of the extra 10%savings cards in lieu of the 5%savings with the redcard. another way for them to win....

Nobody at my store knew about this!

I think that we should just always get the extra 10% (or even just 5%!) off of Target brand products. It would be a great perk/incentive for TMs to buy our own brand.

I agree, I would shop at Target a lot more if they did that.

I think I would shop there more, too, especially for groceries. Although some of the Market Pantry items are better price-wise, I still have a lower bill overall at the chain grocery store.

At the last retail store I worked in, we got 40 percent off a certain number of clothing items per season and 30 percent off the rest. We weren't required to wear the store's clothes unless we wanted to wear jeans to work, but they did have to be similar.

This will be great for grocery shopping. I tried a lot of the store brands last time, but I found I don't like most of the Market Pantry brands, but Archer Farms is good....
I wonder if One Star Converse stuff is included?

They're a tad thicker than paper, and one side is glossy. I keep mine in the ID pocket of my wallet, or else it never would've survived 2+ years.

Oh that's interesting. At HQ and the store attached to it everyone has combination Picture ID/Discount cards that they wear instead of name tags. I guess I just assumed the other stores had something similar.

Oh that's interesting. At HQ and the store attached to it everyone has combination Picture ID/Discount cards that they wear instead of name tags. I guess I just assumed the other stores had something similar.

I think one of our newer (possibly summer hire?) TMs has one similar to that. I cashed him out tonight and he had a special plastic card that he scanned that gave him the TM discount.

I think one of our newer (possibly summer hire?) TMs has one similar to that. I cashed him out tonight and he had a special plastic card that he scanned that gave him the TM discount.

There is one TM at my store with one of those IDs too, everyone else has the paper ones :unknw:

My favorite employee discount was when my step mom worked at a clothing store and we got 50% off all of the new styles before they came out, my guess is so that the employees could model the new clothes for the customers, but, all I knew is that I got all the cool clothes before anyone else in school did!

Some stores transitioned to these picture name badges for a year or so and then returned to the original oval badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back