Archived Fantasy Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scramble to my feet as Dan runs to the next aisle & I hear a bellow followed by clanging metal.
I round the corner to see Commie swinging his ax like a war club, snagging Dan's saber & pulling him off balance.
There's a whistling sound in the air as HLM's boomerang catches Dan in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. Dying Sun flings a makeshift bolos (out of bungee cords) around Dan's feet & Afbratt does a full running block to knock Dan down before sitting on him.
Dan tries to grab his saber when a large boot comes down on it & a long, dark blade grazes Dan's throat.
Backroom 81: "I wouldn't do that if I were you..."

I scramble to my feet as Dan runs to the next aisle & I hear a bellow followed by clanging metal.
I round the corner to see Commie swinging his ax like a war club, snagging Dan's saber & pulling him off balance.
There's a whistling sound in the air as HLM's boomerang catches Dan in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. Dying Sun flings a makeshift bolos (out of bungee cords) around Dan's feet & Afbratt does a full running block to knock Dan down before sitting on him.
Dan tries to grab his saber when a large boot comes down on it & a long, dark blade grazes Dan's throat.
Backroom 81: "I wouldn't do that if I were you..."
I take start to take some pictures of the event.

and here I thought my one season of HS Varsity football as a lineman wouldn't translate real well

With Dan on the ground I leap high and bring my blade down in a deathblow only for it to be stopped by an invisible pressure inside of me. I hear the song Battle Cry by imagine dragons begin to play as I look at Dan, then look at my fellow combatants and feel only one thing, the feeling that they all must fall for harming Dan. I turn towards @Hardlinesmaster and @redeye58 and bellow a savage roar and charge toward them as my blade erupts in flame

Last edited:
As I notice the blazing sword, I pull out a fire extinguisher and put out the sword and put it into the AP office in a secure case

Last edited:
As I notice the blazing sword, I pull out a fire extinguisher and put out the sword and put it into the AP office in a secure case

I like that The Fantasy Target AP office has a special case for blazing swords.
It's probably right next to the case for the bag of holding that the girl was using to shoplift a bicycle.

A maniacal grin spreads across my face as the electric border built out of broken shelf fencing is connected and lights up, defending my zone via electrocution

coming back to my senses I unsheathe my combat knife from my boot and sneak behind @oath2order. channeling my inner assassin I drop behind him and with my knife to his back I hiss. "not a word or I push you into your own defenses. now surrender your weapons before I lose my patience"

There's a familiar whistling in the air as HLM's makeshift boomerang catches Dying Sun in the head.
Oath2order spins around, grabs Sun's knife hand & tries to wrestle it from his grasp.
I yell "LET GO!" before knocking Sun backwards. He lands across Oath's electric field, writhing in a frenzied spasm until Oath yanks the plug.
He lays there twitching sporadically as we hear war whoops 2 aisles over.
Oath & I look at each other, "Sounds like Dan" Oath says as he pockets Sun's knife.
"Yep" I answer as I pull out my saber.

While in the AP office I notice "Dan" in the home and office area messing with the calculators and coordinate with Oath and redeye via walkies as I get my war axe and lets them know I am on the way

I grab my boomerang from the floor & heard about Dan's location in electronics. I had to stop & look the blue Rays deals in rolling rack on the way to electronics.

As my consiesness fades in and out and i lie across the floor with ten thousand volts running through my body, I see a bright light approach me from stationary. The light leans over me and in my head i hear a voice say
"you are not meant to die here, Dying Sun, you are meant to win this battle and rule over the battleground as lord of the fallen. as such I grant you new life."
I feel myself lift up from the ground and wings sprout from my back and I become garbed in the armor of the stars, a mystical armor tied to the very soul of the world, Progenitus himself. As I slowly fall back to the ground I feel the strength return to me and I rise to my feet. I pick up my fallen blade and the lightform says "wait, a warrior such as yourself deserves a better weapon." My sword glows bright and extends into a spearblade. "behold" says the light being, "Godsend" upload_2015-2-10_1-36-1.jpeg
As the being of light fades, I hear the sounds of battle erupting in electronics, with the Godsend in hand I mightly flap my wings and leap skyward, only to forget the ceiling was there and bury myself waist deep in it.
Extracting myself from the plastery hole I dust myself off and look around to make sure no one saw that. Then I flap gently this time and rise just above the shelves and pump my wings and head towards electronics, Godsend casting a golden light across the aisles below me. I knew that I had been given a second chance and I was not going to waste it. my mind runs wild and i think back to the one who nearly ended my life @redeye58, you shall be the first to answer to my blade. I shall fufill the light beings wishes and fufill my destiny.

/me gets on the walkie, "Hey @redeye58 just a heads up. We've got an Angel of Destruction infestation. Almost as bad as when those demon cockroaches tried to take over the Starbucks last month."

Taking Zhardoom, the Greatstaff of the Devoured from my signing cart, I swat @Dying Sun out of the air.
I normally use it to hang signs when the back room won't let me use the Wave but it can deal with major supernatural threats as well.

nexus.jpg

crashing into towels I stagger to my feet and look at my attacker. "well well well @commiecorvus ." I sneer "well the honor of the first to fall to the Godsend was supposed to be redeye but I suppose you will do." I level the spearblade and its light blinds commie. I rush forward and buffet him with my wings staggering him. I twirl the spearblade above my head and use my twintwist strike to thrust my blade toward his chest.

Activating the guards in the Jewels of Zirth that are embedded in the Greatstaff (also good for getting through crowds of guest when you need to do backup), I watch the sword skitter of the field.

Flipping the staff around I chant a quick spell that lays down a series of slippery floor decals of the latest Redcard offering, all the way down the aisle.

With a yell of, "I was supposed to go on break 10 minutes ago." I shove @Dying Sun with the staff so he slides backwards.

I right myself with a flap of my wings and grab my weapon. Calling on my own brand of magic as I watch @commiecorvus walk away I summon a giant hoarde of guests needing assistance. thinking to myself "heh good luck taking your break now" and with commie surrounded by guests I take to the air and fly off to the battle in electronics.

while in route to electronics I notice the horde surrounding commie I yell to him get down as I throw my axe with a great heave and incapacitates the horde with a single blow. Offering a hand to commie to help him up and then we head with due haste to electronics

I grab some of @redeye58's degreaser to clean up the mess, on the way. I look up & see @Dying Sun flying by. I launch my boomerang at him. His wings get entangled by the ropes & stakes. It brings him down on the jewelry counter. He drops his godsend & gets picked up by me. In electronics, I yell to @redeye58, here is a good sword for you.

Last edited:
With a might roar of "I'm not even supposed to be here today!", the last of the horde surrounding me falls. Satisfied that I have crushed my enemies, seen them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women, I depart to ponder the riddle of steel.

I turn as HLM calls to me & catch the large blade he tosses to me.
I start to stagger under the weight when a tingling envelops me; I heft the spearblade as it becomes familiar to my grasp.
"Now it gets interesting" I think to myself as I follow HLM to electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back