Service & Engagement Fast service needed to the front lanes

It’s called following your training and doing your job. A transaction here and there is perfectly fine but my job is not to stand there and cashier for 8 hours. If you believe that is a leaders job then you have a serious misunderstanding of core roles.
Theres a HUGE difference between cashiering 8 hours a day and jumping on a lane during spurts of activity before resorting to emptying the sales floor of TMs. They arent just standing around on the floor with nothing to do other than wait for backup calls. Maybe you should really think about how many coaching and write ups sales floor has had at your store simply for not being able to pack 8+ hours of tasks in a 4-6 hour day, put down your Starbucks and help your team directly instead of "backup" being the first words out of your mouth.

It’s called following your training and doing your job. A transaction here and there is perfectly fine but my job is not to stand there and cashier for 8 hours. If you believe that is a leaders job then you have a serious misunderstanding of core roles.
If you still beleive your job is to delegate and observe tasks for your large team at Target in the year 2020 you are the one who is mistaken 😁 That's the old model. The new model is that TLs and ETLs have to do everything. Part timers are just there to cover you at peak hours. Stores that realised that (like the one I came from where our STL was on the floor zoning softlines and packing for SFS every second she wasnt in a meeting) are the ones doing the best right now. The ones where I see ETLs hiding in a huddle in a far our isle are the ones that look empty and trashy.

Our team. If they aren’t engaging guests at SCO, not offering Reds, etc. You coach them if they aren’t doing it.

You say you don't do enough volume to have an SE ETL. How many cashiers are on your grid per day? How many total cashier hours per day? We have 2 SETLs and an ETL. Today we had 4 cashiers on lanes plus one at SCO. I've been to other stores where they only have the SCO going plus maybe 1 register if they are lucky. I wouldn't want to be the one to stand in front and watch one person run SCO.

Nobody said you should. But your post spells out an attitude that will hold you back. The GUEST'S needs top yours. If the guest needs to check out, check them out.

Who made this thread?? Clearly, the Indyme's wording is "Additional cashiers to the front lanes" not Fast Service.
My favorite is “All Starbucks certified team members are needed at Starbucks for guest assistance”.

we need a button like that at GS except “A team lead is needed at Guest service for guest assistance”

Candy and Buck doesn't get done if the front end doesn't do it. Daytime cart attendant does about an hour to hour 1/2 depending on how much time he has. It allows him to warm up and combine with other in store tasks. The more organized of the two SETL does candy several times a week. The less organized one is tasked with setting the endcaps when it needs to be done.

Your ETL SE needs to stand up for the team. That’s the problem.
lmao my ETL-SE won't even stand up to a Guest returning a cracked iPad with mismatched serial numbers over the 14 day return period (receipt showing it was purchased in November), much less to the SD.

She's a yes-woman, fresh out of Target brainwashing training from an internship right out of college, so she's the "make it right for the Guest" "the Store Director is king" type.

he has, it's instructions directly from our DSD...who also doesn't want a pallet or flatbed of bullseye on the salesfloor, she wants the GM team to backstock everything and then have us pull from the back, which is a fun thought experiment
Electronics has a endcap in check lanes we are responsible for... it even shows up in our pulls

lmao my ETL-SE won't even stand up to a Guest returning a cracked iPad with mismatched serial numbers over the 14 day return period (receipt showing it was purchased in November), much less to the SD.

She's a yes-woman, fresh out of Target brainwashing training from an internship right out of college, so she's the "make it right for the Guest" "the Store Director is king" type.
This sounds like my SE ETL.

Back