Fat Guests on Scooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat people are disgusting

They shouldn't be allowed to be around normal people- let's give them special shopping hours, like 2-4AM so that we don't have to see their disgusting bodies or navigate around those idiotic carts.

And let's fire all the fat team members- you're just dragging us down making us do all the work for you- it's sickening watching your bellies swing back and forth as you walk slooooooooowly to do something we could do in half the time.

Just fucking die alright? Oh wait, when it comes to probability, you really are going to die soon. Whoops!

They shouldn't be allowed to be around normal people- let's give them special shopping hours, like 2-4AM so that we don't have to see their disgusting bodies or navigate around those idiotic carts.

And let's fire all the fat team members- you're just dragging us down making us do all the work for you- it's sickening watching your bellies swing back and forth as you walk slooooooooowly to do something we could do in half the time.

Just fucking die alright? Oh wait, when it comes to probability, you really are going to die soon. Whoops!
Really hoping you forgot the sarcasm font...

Really hoping you forgot the sarcasm font...

Pretty sure it's sarcasm lol.

That being said I think Fat People are a health problem in this country, and like people who smoke, they should pay higher health care premiums.

Whenever I hear someone blame their genetics...
b0c7d6b1-b411-4b1d-a257-28716c256c89_thumb.jpeg

Pretty sure it's sarcasm lol. That being said I think Fat People are a health problem in this country, and like people who smoke, they should pay higher health care premiums.
Wow, stereotype much?

So is smoking, drinking & drug abuse to name a few.
I'd be curious to see what the figures are for health dollars spent on each of those problems.

Obesity has dropped in children andwhile it is still an issue with adults the more we discover about nutrition and physiology, it seems that our prejudices and body image have very little to do with what is actually healthy and sustainable.

A long-time friend who left spot 2 years ago was in the store.
She was using an electric cart & had an oxygen tank.
When she left, one of the kids I worked with could only comment about how fat my friend was, that maybe if she lost weight she wouldn't have to use a cart or oxygen.
So I told them about the brain cancer she was battling (head band covered the scar that wrapped around the top of her head), the steroids that made her balloon in size (she used to be a size 10), the stent they placed beneath her brain to drain excess fluid, the resulting infections & complications making it difficult for her to breath, the prognosis giving her less than 2 years to live & that her son was trying to finish college so he could spend as much time possible with his mom (dad left when he was a baby).
Chances to get out & go places are becoming few & far between so I was touched when I got to see her at my store.
Never assume.

You know what really agitates me? A morbidly obese guest using a scooter to shop. Okay, so I understand you are overweight, nobody's perfect, but excuse me: There ARE people with actual disabilities that need to use those things. Our store has 2 and some sweet old lady needed one and the 2 scooters were taken by 2 fat guests probably in their 30's or 40's. These guests could have actually used the exercise, but instead they decided to park their lazy butts in a scooter and cruise through the store. It really grinds my gears when I see that. And the overweight guests at our store are always the ones that spend hundreds of dollars on the stupidest most worthless crap you could find. Anyone else share this sentiment?

You don't really know exactly what those people are going through. It could be pain or something else. Living with a neurological disorder, there are days where I'm dizzy and disoriented and standing and functioning like a normal human being is not an option. I had to leave work on Sunday because of this. Please realize that just because you can't outwardly see somebody's struggles doesn't mean they aren't struggling inwardly.

Actually, this whole thread is kind of upsetting.

I would have thought that people would have recognized by now that binge eating, chronic overeating, etc. is a form of addiction. Addiction is a mental illness.

We have a thread on here dedicated to that, in which many of the people on this very thread have laid out their issues and supported each other on. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

Now we're on a different thread bashing what is mental illness for some.

Come on now.

Actually, this whole thread is kind of upsetting.

I would have thought that people would have recognized by now that binge eating, chronic overeating, etc. is a form of addiction. Addiction is a mental illness.

We have a thread on here dedicated to that, in which many of the people on this very thread have laid out their issues and supported each other on. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

Now we're on a different thread bashing what is mental illness for some.

Come on now.

Oh please. I think it goes without saying that we're only mocking those whom could be doing something better for their situation. Of course there are exceptions. It's so obvious, it's not worth specifying. Do you seriously think anyone is thinking, "Ha! That person got brain cancer and now they're fat, what a loser." No one is thinking that. Kartman said it best. "Don't use a scooter unless you really need one." It's not fair to judge anyone, however it's fair enough to say that people DO use the scooters out of laziness, and it DOES effect people whom actually need them.

Don't use a scooter unless you really need one.

Just saying.
I can agree with that. It's possible that the teenagers driving erratically and knocking over the racks in softlines mayyy not need to be on the things. And if for some reason they do, they need to respect the store and not monkey around on them. But let's not assume because somebody is overweight that they don't need them. Is it realistic to say that you need to have a BMI no greater than 25 to be able to have a valid excuse to use the thing?

Please remember to be kind to others. There is always the possibility that there is more than meets the eye.
Hell, I used a scooter 10 years ago when my foot got crushed and I was so glad to be able to get out and about!

I woulda been pissed if they woulda all been gone because 300lb people were using them.

A reminder to everyone, please remember to be respectful of other members on this board. Disrespectful behavior such as cursing out another member will not be tolerated.

Thanks ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back