Archived Favorite role at Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BR Day is my favorite that I'm trained for, mostly because I'm by myself and know what I need to do. I don't like it when the LOD makes me work pulls, in addition to the 5's, because they can't handle it. Most desired would probably be SFT, Rev Log, or signing. Our signing guy builds bikes too.

Actually, I just want the LOD to leave me alone. I always get my work done and none of the closing LODs know anything about Logistics, so worry about the sales floor.

Last edited:
BR Day is my favorite that I'm trained for, mostly because I'm by myself and know what I need to do. I don't like it when the LOD makes me work pulls, in addition to the 5's, because they can't handle it. Most desired would probably be SFT, Rev Log, or signing. Our signing guy builds bikes too.

Actually, I just want the LOD to leave me alone. I always get my work done and none of the closing LODs know anything about Logistics, so worry about the sales floor.

Haha, yeah. When I close for instocks, the LOD wil sometimes just ask me over the walkie if there are alot of Cafs left and that's pretty much it, i'm never bothered haha.

so i first started off as a photo/guest service team member about six years ago.. i obviously would cashier some days also. i am cross trained in softlines, fitting room/store operator, hardlines, pricing, pharmacy. about three years ago i changed roles and became the stores only HR team member. my favorite workcenter would probably have to be HR. everyday is different and you get the chance to keep learning new information based on new situations that may arise. the team definately relies on me and i've heard numerous times that they don't know what the store would do without me. photo was also another favorite of mine.. maybe because i like photography so much, just wished we had a portrait studio, oh well lol.

Depends on what day of the week it is. xD I don't mind cashiering during the week, Monday to Thursday because there's only one rush after 5 p.m. when people get off work.
Same goes with opening Sales Floor TM. It's less stressful in the mornings when you clock out at 4 p.m. You aren't hurrying trying to get your zoning and reshop in. You just do what you can and clock out.
I've only been trained in Hardlines, Softlines and Electronics. So I wouldn't know what the other ones are like.

Depends on what day of the week it is. xD I don't mind cashiering during the week, Monday to Thursday because there's only one rush after 5 p.m. when people get off work.
Same goes with opening Sales Floor TM. It's less stressful in the mornings when you clock out at 4 p.m. You aren't hurrying trying to get your zoning and reshop in. You just do what you can and clock out.
I've only been trained in Hardlines, Softlines and Electronics. So I wouldn't know what the other ones are like.

Haha, the rush for is about 11A.M. until around 1 then after rush hour and it always seems like a rush when people are done having dinner, haha.

Backroom Day hands down - from cashiering to Sales Floor, Plano, Flow and everything in between (even Clinic!) I haven't enjoyed any position as much as backroom day.

No guests, no call buttons or phone calls, no cashier backup, very little supervision on most occassions, and permission to listen to music most of the time? Yes please! Not to mention I am a little OCD and I loved seeing how fast I could pull batches and seeing how many total pulls I had each week (nerd alert); as well as organizing flats, jacks and tubs in super straight lines/all facing same direction on closing nights - the ETL Log ate that up too haha!

Backroom Day hands down - from cashiering to Sales Floor, Plano, Flow and everything in between (even Clinic!) I haven't enjoyed any position as much as backroom day.

No guests, no call buttons or phone calls, no cashier backup, very little supervision on most occassions, and permission to listen to music most of the time? Yes please! Not to mention I am a little OCD and I loved seeing how fast I could pull batches and seeing how many total pulls I had each week (nerd alert); as well as organizing flats, jacks and tubs in super straight lines/all facing same direction on closing nights - the ETL Log ate that up too haha!

Awesome! Yeah, since i'm instocks which is what I love doing most, our backroom day guys always play music so it's nice to hear that rather then the constant baby screaming or walkies going off on the floor, lol. And I wish I had you putting the CAFs together! There's this one guy in the backroom that doesn't give a sh** about making sure things don't fall off the tubs or flats when i'm strolling it out so he'll just toss boxes on there and it's annoying, lol.

Haha yeah, unfortunately there are plenty of people like that in the BR - but on the other hand its one of the things that makes standing out at Target pretty easy - just do your job with a reasonable amount of effort and it will appear as though you are a golden God in comparison to the high turnover lazy people that come and go!

Yeah, you're right, lol. Do you like going in the freezer or dairy room when you pull since its nice and cold in there? Sometimes when I'm rushing trying to get gigantic market CAFs out of the way ill start to get hot and stay in the freezer or dairy cooler until I'm freezing, lol.

Yeah, I would usually pull all of the GM merchandise and save Pfresh pulls for last, because by then I would be pretty hot and sweaty from running around the stockroom and climbing ladders and it would feel so nice to be in the coolers and freezers for a bit!

Haha, the rush for is about 11A.M. until around 1 then after rush hour and it always seems like a rush when people are done having dinner, haha.

Wednesday nights suck where I live. There's a huge after church rush. =/ It's almost like Sunday.

Almost like sundays?! Oh my god, haha, sundays an invasion in target!

My favorite role so far has been Softlines with Hardlines as a close second. I don't mind working alone on both of these, and some days it can be a welcome relief to do so. Cashiering's not bad either most of the time. I can't stand food ave. though, good thing I'm rarely over there.

I like roles where you really see the impact on the store. I loved instocks for that reason, and my favorite part of being of a softlines team leader is setting adjacencies and merchandising. Knowing that what I do may make people want to buy something is pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back