Archived FDC trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a small group of flow TMs and a backroom TM who take care of it on their own. The PA or CTL will work some of the smaller pallets if we actually have one scheduled that morning.

we don't have FDC in our area, Our Perishables are from C&S. The trucks are done by both our market team members and our flow team

Initially it was given to Flow but they would screw everything up, so now our PA leads the push.

My store is a 6 truck a week deal. 2 of those 6 are the same day as C&S. Market team does their own work. We have 8 people usually. Sometimes on Saturday a few flow come in to give them a hand but not as much lately because of all the added work.

Generally, 4-5 flow team members push the FDC truck. Sometimes the PA helps.

PA and 4 TMs

Last time Flow pushes it along with the truck.

Every time we get a new ETL Log every year, it changes.

At my store, the FDC process used to be handled by flow when they were overnight. Last year, they dumped it on dayside for some almost assuredly ridiculous reason, though the ETL-Log or whoever is running flow still receives the truck, temps, and moves the pallets to their respective stockrooms. The push team usually consists of a few flow TMs and two or three backroom day TMs. Sometimes the market opener helps push for a little while. If there's time, the backroom TMs on the FDC team take care of the backstock, otherwise the early AM backroom team finishes backstocking. The hours come from logistics, but they're scheduled in the Consumables workcenter.

For years and years the salesfloor owned the fdc truck. They pushed it and the backroom teams did the bs etc. However, in the last year part of the flow team owns it . They push it and the backroom ( usually me) backstocks it . Works out better that way IMO .

FDC is done by Frozen/Dairy, Meat and Produce teams. The truck used to arrive between 4 to 6 am. Now it arrives between 7 am to 9 am, which cause some issues stocking in a timely and proficient manner.

FD is usually the largest, compared to the other 2 departments. Every once in awhile, the Grocery team has to help stock in order to ensure sales of the Food department.

How many people do you guys have pushing the fdc truck? I get 5 trucks averaging 400-800 eaches a week and the truck comes between 5 and 7 am.

We get our trucks in on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The PAs break down the produce and meat pallets if the floor is light.

We have three-six people usually.

Granted, we're C&S

We break it down into departments. I'm at a Super Target so it's a little different. Produce, meat, deli, and bakery all do their own trucks and often have truck shifts, where someone comes in for 4-6 hours just to do truck. Dairy is done by flow. Which is sometimes troublesome because they don't rotate 90% of the time.

we don't have FDC in our area, Our Perishables are from C&S. The trucks are done by both our market team members and our flow team

we use C&S too and they suck. they either over send or cut like crazy.

but at my store flow is responsible however, market helps too. we have 2 people do it, myself and the PA. IT. SUCKS. we used to have 4 people on that and it wasnt an issue but now? C&S comes whenever it pleases which makes it hard to get anything planned. if we get a 500+ order for just the 2 of us, we have to finish the next day. my store has 2 PAs, the one is good and it easy to work with ... the other ... i have to keep him on the ball and watch his every shady move!

We break it down into departments. I'm at a Super Target so it's a little different. Produce, meat, deli, and bakery all do their own trucks and often have truck shifts, where someone comes in for 4-6 hours just to do truck. Dairy is done by flow. Which is sometimes troublesome because they don't rotate 90% of the time.
Same at my store. Truck shifts disappeared for Deli at my store last year and it's been hell trying to keep up with it, though. We haven't been "up and ready" by 10am in ages due to that and various other hour cuts. Current STL wants us up and ready by 8am... Fat chance!

How many people do you guys have pushing the fdc truck? I get 5 trucks averaging 400-800 eaches a week and the truck comes between 5 and 7 am.
Generally 4 TMs for 4 hours and a BRTM for 8. Truck gets here at 6 and we get them 3 days a week. One of those days usually overlaps with a GM truck, so the team will usually work that for the first few hours.

We are O/N and the FDC doesn't show up until 4-5am most days... We take 6 a week and they are almost always over 1000 pieces. We have to schedule a team in at 4 because the RDC trailer will be done getting worked around 3-4, and we can't have the team waiting around for the FDC to show up so we send them home and bring in a group at 4 to start running the pulls and then unload it when it shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back