Archived Fear Ye Steritech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
f**king monster sized cockroach walking around on the counter.

For some reason, I'm doubtful I'll ever eat at FA again...

Eh, everything we serve is frozen pretty much, so no raw or unprepared food is on the counter ever, and if it is, it's still sealed.

My store is over 10 years old and since it is a Super Target, our FA was made with the grills and fryers and whatnot. The counter I'm referring to is just a metal table pretty much under the hood where the fryer was. Our FA is (relatively) clean, at least until guests come and ravage the whole place.

The soda nozzles spewing black gunk is the worst thing I've seen there.

Well, and the clean up of the perishables departments after the tornadoes a couple of years ago.

And one time we got a box of nacho cheese that was molded (exploded in transit and wasn't noticed until 2 months later when the shelving started stinking).

Other than that it's still clean.

I eat there... I just try to hold back because everything we serve is fatty, processed death in a little red boat. :p

Just make sure you don't get ice when you get FA drinks. Being over there has made me almost stop completely getting ice when I go out. Especially if there is a water drip coming from the ice chute.

I've said too much though.

I do know that's there's ecoli that's been found in the ice, from our machines... that and the nasty filters for the soda machines.

Tell me more about the problems with Ice :p

So Steritech's about to make another round with our store soon. She's due any day now and I'm wondering what she'll try to get us for this time. I know last time we got into some serious trouble with the nozzles on the soda machines.

Oh jeeze, what was wrong with your soda nozzles?!

Hmm... trying to think of things we've gotten dinged for to help you out. Sanitizer, sanitizer, sanitizer. It's GOT to be at 200ppm and I BELIEVE 75-85 degrees (someone double check me here!). The sanitizer looses potency pretty quickly and the temp changes quickly... our LODs say the sanitizer can hold for 2 hours before being changed, but when I'm working SB I touch it up every hour. I'm not going to be responsible for a red store!

Ummm... what else. Grease traps. General cleanliness, really. And BE ABLE TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS! If you see a "pest", you need to alert the LOD ASAP (and you may or may not want to include the noting it in the pest log... that would be the LODs job.) Know the wash-rinse-sanitize steps. No jewelery on anyone except a bare wedding band! And checkkkkk datessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure everything is dated properly!

Oh, and nothing back there that shouldn't be back there. No team member drinks, no tylenol, etc. Obvious, but just saying.

Basically we got hit with the nozzles, because of some mildew and mold on the tops. I clean them regularly and not sure how they get that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back