Archived February PUSH test...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other stores doing a "test" for the company where you push the entire truck to the floor? I heard it from my ETL's and TL's the other night how after January, our 2500-3000 piece trucks won't see any backstock and instead will have to be pushed to the floor to be worked from the get go. I'm not too interested in what it actually does (filling the floor more and so forth), but more so how this is going to be managed lol. It seems a bit ridiculous when you factor in pulls and how much isn't actually going to be able to go out. Which would normally be backstock from the start.

I wonder maybe if trucks will just be smaller instead...

This has the potential to get really ugly, really fast. I have the feeling that dayside is going to have to go back over overstocked areas in 2013 and backstock a lot of stuff, if this rolls out in all stores.

The problem is they send a bulk amount of cartons for endcaps that don't go up for another week. Or transition merchandise that isn't part of the current set. What kind of process do we have to efficiently deal with those things? Well right now, autopush sorts that stuff to backstock. What will be the process when we start pushing all?

Not sure, I have a lot of questions about those types of things too. That's why I'm mostly posting here about it, to see if anyone else's store is going to be apart of this so called "test".

Does this include HBA and Market FIFO items, it seems they are going to get messy with this setup. You will have stuff go immediately on the shelf while there is a huge stock prior dated stuff in the back.

Last edited:
when I worked flow, this is how the process worked - we unloaded the truck, pushed all of it to the floor, then went to the backroom to backstock.

Our current flow team is awesome, but this would be quite a change from the current process.

when I worked flow, this is how the process worked - we unloaded the truck, pushed all of it to the floor, then went to the backroom to backstock.

Our current flow team is awesome, but this would be quite a change from the current process.

Are your trucks relatively smaller? I can see this working without any problems if they're smaller since there is no immediate backstock. I mean, we would be looking at like 400 to 600 less pieces, which would be great.
Also, how is your line set up since you don't need the backstock palettes anymore? Do you just use what they would have been for the appropriate "push" aisles? Or do you change that whole layout up?

I feel bad for the backroom team, they're already over worked and given far too many responsibilities and now they're going to just have more in a smaller amount of time.

this was about 12 years ago - so the entire process was different. It just sound like they are looking to go back to a process I remembered from long ago.

But the biggest problem we had was too much backstock, lots of moving stuff around.

Push all's can be beneficial....if actually worked correctly. The goal is to fill in as many skipped areas that a normal case stock scan might miss, reduce Instocks, Challenge, etc. In reality push all's generally frustrate the flow team who feel pressured to stock even more aisles. Not to mention the PIPO and transition that will be randomly floating around the wave.

The problem that I see right off the start is that since our store is a high volume store and we will be out of seasonal hiring by February. We will see 3800-4000(+) to the floor every night, not including FDC, which will probably make it close to 5000 every night. This is very possible with the team we had this season, however come February when hours are reduced and our seasonal hires already gone? Will be tricky...

I can only hope that either A. Our sales are dismal for the day, so pulls are tiny (the reason we're doing this test is because we aren't making sales; even though we're 7% mature for the year) B. Our trucks reduce dramatically in size, which again comes back to sales lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back