The February 2022 Thread

We were holding our own until this past weekend. Callouts with an already skeleton crew means constant backup calls, unworked truck and reshop piling up. Heard we also canceled a truck this week.

Also the dayside Style folks are way overpushing and it's pissing me off, but who's got time to fix it? Not me, that's for sure. I spent the last two shifts sorting, hanging, and folding reshop and giving my area a half-assed "zone."

Are there any stores that are doing well?
Sales-wise, yes. But to look around the store? It's a mess because we don't have time to zone. Our back room space looks okay even with all the extra freight the DC has been sending lately. The ladder-less back room concept has gone by the wayside, that's for sure. I'm back stocking on the top shelves for my area. Takes me longer to pull one-for-ones, having to move and climb up and down the ladder so much. Keeping up with so much price change - with more to come - but not getting all my truck pushed. (I figure others can push truck and I can find mistakes more easily than if others do my price change and put labels in the wrong places.) Usually, I like how things calm down after 4th quarter; not so much this year. Because they haven't calmed down - the store is less busy, but every other measure is awful.

I'm with you on the up and down the ladders for one for ones. Just not efficient to pull they way we are. Doesn't make sense on to pull 6 but can only carry 3 down at a time. when before I could carry a case of 6. Two trips instead of one. Especially when there is transition or new sales planners coming up. I say use common sense my SD said take it out of the cases.

I'm with you on the up and down the ladders for one for ones. Just not efficient to pull they way we are. Doesn't make sense on to pull 6 but can only carry 3 down at a time. when before I could carry a case of 6. Two trips instead of one. Especially when there is transition or new sales planners coming up. I say use common sense my SD said take it out of the cases.
Most of what went up high was already out of the cases - it was from when all the nutrition product in Seasonal wouldn't fit in the home locations (why, oh why, did we receive such an incredible number of all those protein bars? - they don't sell very well at my store and I'll probably have to defect out a bunch when they expire). And there was no way all that product would fit in wacos. My "nutrition and vitamins" space has spread into adjoining spaces.

g0rvhLZhxkWRp2Zh9LhgLnQe397_nXyoYYdD_obkiXE.gif

We were holding our own until this past weekend. Callouts with an already skeleton crew means constant backup calls, unworked truck and reshop piling up. Heard we also canceled a truck this week.

Also the dayside Style folks are way overpushing and it's pissing me off, but who's got time to fix it? Not me, that's for sure. I spent the last two shifts sorting, hanging, and folding reshop and giving my area a half-assed "zone."
I found about 15 of the same size/color girls leggings stocked. THIS IS WHY SHIT LOOKS SO BAD.

Our weekend in style was awful. They did 50k over forecast with only one closer. I wouldn't be surprised if they only scheduled one. They have me closing alone all week. 🤔🤔 The SD actually tried to help do truck and commented how bad the zone was.

Shit has fallen on the last day of February target just wants to look good for publicity.
up to 24/hr Not for the average team member working. they will still be at 15/ hr. This news release is just trying to attract more hires.

It is ridiculous that the job still feels like we're in Q4 workload wise. All areas are continuing to be swamped and things like Funko endcaps aren't even being set. The Funko Wall is a disaster due to that and they keep sending so many of the same Funko's that they just sit there.

Back