Archived Fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be long so Bare with me,

Okay so I’ve been working at my target for a year and a few months now, and I’ve met a lot of good people here which I think is the reason why I’ve even been here for so long I am trained in every entry level position of the store except electronics (only because our tech employees are loyal) so needless to say I’m one of the people any of the leaders call if they need help w literally ANYTHING.

I my main work center Im a beauty consultant but the turnover rate for just beauty alone at my store is so high it’s crazy none of the beauty tms who where here when I started are here now most of the tms they have hired for beauty through the year have not lasted more than 2 months.

So currently we have 2 new hires (so there’s 3 of us now ) keep in mind I have been loyal to target for a year no call outs team player no write ups guest compliments my leaders want me to be apart of every visit due to how good I make them look even through the rest of their team is trash.

So whenever they hired these two people of course they told the leaders they had open availability but after they worked their first weeks works of shifts of course that changed.

Me on the other hand I DONT have open availability because I’m a college student and working full time but my availability is still at the same time pretty open, because on my availability I just give myself 2 days out the week time to look over homework due to my courses being online. So it’s not like I can’t come in, because I can come it’s just on in one of those days I can’t open and one one of those days I can’t close and my schedule has been like this during my whole target working history. And now they want to start scheduling me outside of my availability without even asking me, it’s not fair that I’m being scheduled outside of my availability and 2 people who are well in there 20 days are able to basically work whatever days they please I guess and if I say something everyone says “well at least you’re getting 40 hours” (they’re not)

It's simple. You look at your schedule and see you are scheduled outside your availability. Tell immediately whomever does your schedule and inform them you will not be working any hours outside your availability. Have whoever you tell pull up your availability and make sure it is exactly what you want. You do not have to cover those hours. Do it nicely and be respectful.

It's simple. You look at your schedule and see you are scheduled outside your availability. Tell immediately whomever does your schedule and inform them you will not be working any hours outside your availability. Have whoever you tell pull up your availability and make sure it is exactly what you want. You do not have to cover those hours. Do it nicely and be respectful.

And consistent. Cause if your availability is correct in the system they have to override that every time they schedule outside of it. So they do know what they are doing. And yes they will try and guilt you into coming into work.

And consistent. Cause if your availability is correct in the system they have to override that every time they schedule outside of it. So they do know what they are doing. And yes they will try and guilt you into coming into work.
Yes I will definitely do that my HR is very sneaky she once changed my schedule without approval from me or at least telling me she had done it then she went on vacation the day after so whenever I got a call from my TL asking why I wasn’t at work and I called back and my leader that my schedule on the wall said something completely different we put 2 and 2 together.
It’s so sad that target leadership would rather burn their bridges with the few good employees they have by treating them like crap while they let the garbage ones run wild

Yes I will definitely do that my HR is very sneaky she once changed my schedule without approval from me or at least telling me she had done it then she went on vacation the day after so whenever I got a call from my TL asking why I wasn’t at work and I called back and my leader that my schedule on the wall said something completely different we put 2 and 2 together.
It’s so sad that target leadership would rather burn their bridges with the few good employees they have by treating them like crap while they let the garbage ones run wild

That shit is what you get from hiring kids straight out of school with most not having much work experience in any real sense. They don't respect anything or anyone and have no understanding why that isn't a good idea. Or that they are actually fucking around with peoples lives. Cause they haven't lived yet.

*exceptions to this theory but not many in my target travels. And those exceptions tend to quit quick and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back