Archived Feeling at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try my best every day. This team lead keeps tabs on me continuously telling me how slow I am! Talks to me like I'm a dog. Want to transfer! When someone rips into you like that, it's tough to function to your full potential!

I try my best every day. This team lead keeps tabs on me continuously telling me how slow I am! Talks to me like I'm a dog. Want to transfer! When someone rips into you like that, it's tough to function to your full potential!
I relate so much. I had a GSTL who did similar things. Even though I got good speed scores she was always keeping an eye on me and would make me dread going in when she was there, it was to the point that im pretty sure it affected my red card sales. She pulled me to side one day and chewed me out for "challenging her in front of a guest" because I asked about the quality limit. Hopefully things get better, try not to let it bother you and if it gets worse, go talk to hr

We have a guy like that in the mornings who just treats everyone like crap. He will say "I saw u standing there talking for a half hour" when no one was talking, or tell you to do something then yell at you for doing it. I'm salefloor not flow but I changed my availability so that they didn't give me flow shifts just to avoid him. It's been nice lol

Sometimes TLs may be pressured by others in other workcentres. ASANTS, but it is the case in my store. I work at an A+ (high volume) store and I've heard team members from other stores (transfers from 0ut-of-state or lower volume stores in town) saying that our store has an unusual amount of pressure to zone extremely accurately and interact with every guest more than usual, and that the TLs are "mean/demanding" although I would't agree 100%.

On the other hand, though, on challenging nights we have a "team" competition between Hardlines and Softlines and the winner gets to pick the snack for the team at the end of the night (usually cookies gets chosen and it's great because I close often) and the TLs joke about who will win and have their zones completed and go-backs returned first.

Anyway, I would recommend letting your TL know how you feel. They might not know what they're doing and how it may be hurting morale on their team, which will look bad on them at the end of the day, not necessarily the team member(s). I've noticed TLs act strangely different to team members they don't know well, as well. Once the TL begins to know the team member and trust them more, they stop watching and leading them so much because they know they can count on them to complete tasks. I've seen these effects first-hand from the time I started until now. At one point the ETL who hired me mentioned that I was so quiet and serious that it was awkward to work with me at first, but now that they've gotten to know me and that I'm not as serious as I seem, it's completely changed the way they think of me.

Edit: Softlines TM just posted (see image) on FB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 1.09.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 1.09.42 PM.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Sometimes TLs may be pressured by others in other workcentres. ASANTS, but it is the case in my store. I work at an A+ (high volume) store and I've heard team members from other stores (transfers from 0ut-of-state or lower volume stores in town) saying that our store has an unusual amount of pressure to zone extremely accurately and interact with every guest more than usual, and that the TLs are "mean/demanding" although I would't agree 100%.

On the other hand, though, on challenging nights we have a "team" competition between Hardlines and Softlines and the winner gets to pick the snack for the team at the end of the night (usually cookies gets chosen and it's great because I close often) and the TLs joke about who will win and have their zones completed and go-backs returned first.

Anyway, I would recommend letting your TL know how you feel. They might not know what they're doing and how it may be hurting morale on their team, which will look bad on them at the end of the day, not necessarily the team member(s). I've noticed TLs act strangely different to team members they don't know well, as well. Once the TL begins to know the team member and trust them more, they stop watching and leading them so much because they know they can count on them to complete tasks. I've seen these effects first-hand from the time I started until now. At one point the ETL who hired me mentioned that I was so quiet and serious that it was awkward to work with me at first, but now that they've gotten to know me and that I'm not as serious as I seem, it's completely changed the way they think of me.

Edit: Softlines TM just posted (see image) on FB
wait you call re-shop go-backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back