Archived Final Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at Target 2 and half years ago. I was a Hardlines TM until last March when I was transferred to work in Electronics, even though I'm very experienced on the sales floor I still have a lot to learn regarding Electronics. Well I made a huge mistake with a reseller approximately 2 weeks ago, I inadvertently gave away a very expensive item (I rung everything up except that particular item). Well 2 days later the ETL AP talked to me about it, I felt extremely bad about my mistake, he told me to be more careful in the future (which I have been). I talked to my TL Electronics and he said "not to worry about it, that it was an honest mistake and that the reseller had been called back to come pay for it" I later confirmed that indeed he had paid for the item.

Well today the ETL AP pulled me into the AP office and showed me the video where I was able to see how I made such a mistake. He then asked me if the reseller had given me any incentive which I absolutely denied. Told him it would be stupid for me to put my job on the line for something so obvious, I mean it's not like giving away an inexpensive item or a small discount, something expensive going missing would immediately be noticed. I also said that I would avoid ringing up the reseller in the future so that my integrity won't be in question. He said that he believed me but I'm not so sure 'cause then he said "This is a final warning" which freaked me out 'cause I've never ever made a mistake like that before. I've only been coached for coming in late and never been counseled for anything or had any issues with items or money going missing.

I know that if I mess up again I'll be toast but will it take another big mistake like that or can they just get rid of me over anything? This has me really depressed and now I"m worrying about not messing up in any way.

It depends on the price of the item, you had missed. Take your time when ringing items up. Look for attachment opps on every item, that way you won't miss anything. Reseller will try to distract you, just stay focus & keep your hand on the most expensive item, if it doesn't feel right.

Did you have to sign anything? Because until you sign something they can't just put you on a final if you're not in your 90 days. There's a process and unless you are flat out stealing (and even that can take forever to prove) or you do some sort of safety or work place violence incident than they can't just fire you.

He didn't ask me to sign anything. I've never had any safety or violence issues. Maybe he just said that to scare me or 'cause he wants me to leave voluntarily? 3 cashiers who were part of a "discount ring" were fired recently, from what I heard they were giving huge discounts to each other and their friends and family as well. It's possible he's just being extra cautious with everyone just in case they're really stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back