Archived Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we've finally moved from talking about cross-training me to actually doing so! The next schedule that comes out finds me in hard lines for an hour and a half one day. Well, it's a start.

Anyway, so I am scheduled for hard lines for that hour and a half (likely training according the the LOD tonight) and then I go immediately to cashiering for the rest of the day. So how does that work with punching in and out? Do I have to punch in under hard lines when I come in and then punch out and back in as cashier when I switch? Do we not have to switch work centers when we punch? Inquiring minds want to know!

No, you don't need to change your workcenter this time-reason being it's already keyed in the schedule. If it wasn't, and you were changing workcenters (say they asked you to stay late for another workcenter), then, yeah, it'd be necessary just in case the LOD doesn't key it the right way. Congrats!

Congratulations ;)

You can change any number of workcenters during a shift, and you don't need to do anything different with your punches. Just remember to take all your breaks!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's off & running!
Go, RG!

No, you don't need to change your workcenter this time-reason being it's already keyed in the schedule. If it wasn't, and you were changing workcenters (say they asked you to stay late for another workcenter), then, yeah, it'd be necessary just in case the LOD doesn't key it the right way. Congrats!

Would I do this on the time clock? If so how? I've seen that change work center button and have also seen the numbers on the Max schedule. Is this how I would do it?

Would I do this on the time clock? If so how? I've seen that change work center button and have also seen the numbers on the Max schedule. Is this how I would do it?

Yeah, but generally you don't do this unless your LOD/HR are lazy. You hit the "Change Workcenter" button, put in your TM#, and then the new workcenter.

PS - If for whatever reason you need the LOD to override the timeclock and punch you in, you can use the change workcenter button to "clock" yourself in.

Of course tonight the STL asked me to stay and zone grocery. Is there a way I can find out if he changed my work center?

Of course tonight the STL asked me to stay and zone grocery. Is there a way I can find out if he changed my work center?

I would nt worry about workcenter changes. If you get the hours, work'em where ever they tell you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back