Archived Fired for "theft"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would warn anyone that thinks certain areas don’t have cameras because they only see a dummy dome.

We also have these things called covert cameras, that if installed correctly, you will not see at all.

Restrooms and fitting rooms are pretty much the only areas that are off limits for cameras.

I have literally been on the wave and looked into the dome, there's no camera in it. And if there was, it's probably damaged. I've hit it while lifting a basedeck into the fixture room steel numerous times.

I have literally been on the wave and looked into the dome, there's no camera in it. And if there was, it's probably damaged. I've hit it while lifting a basedeck into the fixture room steel numerous times.
About a year ago I had a TM that thought the same thing. They figured out the dome was a dummy in the fixture room. Slowly but surely they got confident and started concealing merch back there.

What they didn’t realize is we noticed them going back to that area often. Soon after we installed a covert at the opposite side of the room that they couldn’t see.

Termed.

I would warn anyone that thinks certain areas don’t have cameras because they only see a dummy dome.

We also have these things called covert cameras, that if installed correctly, you will not see at all.

Restrooms and fitting rooms are pretty much the only areas that are off limits for cameras.

What about the break room? Is it off-limits? There are no visible cameras that I can see but what about covert ones?

Last edited:
I don't see why the breakroom shouldn't have a camera. Especially since that's where TMs store their personal belongings. We've had a few thefts in the breakroom over the years, (like purses and electronics) and yet nothing ever happened.

Nobody in my store keeps their personal belongings in the breakroom. Just some lunchboxes in the fridge.

That's stupid. People use lockers for bags, purses and whatever else.

I'm confused as to how. My PMT has never touched the cameras.

Can’t speak for your PMT but I’m always helping AP out, especially if they’re replacing or spinning cameras in the back room because they’re so high up. The easiest way to be recognized by the district is going above and beyond for any position that has business partner oversight :D.

My district sweeps PMT offices after hours every few months, if they see a pattern of suspicious activity or if your PMT suspects an issue with other TMs they’ll stick a covert in it (which technically it’s an office so it should have BP approval). I asked my ETL AP to put one in mine because I kept finding things moved around on weekends until I found out my LOG was going in there for hammers to move bulk steel around lol

Can’t speak for your PMT but I’m always helping AP out, especially if they’re replacing or spinning cameras in the back room because they’re so high up. The easiest way to be recognized by the district is going above and beyond for any position that has business partner oversight :D.

My district sweeps PMT offices after hours every few months, if they see a pattern of suspicious activity or if your PMT suspects an issue with other TMs they’ll stick a covert in it (which technically it’s an office so it should have BP approval). I asked my ETL AP to put one in mine because I kept finding things moved around on weekends until I found out my LOG was going in there for hammers to move bulk steel around lol
I told my AP im not moving their cameras. They should be able to know how to do it, so I let them.

Solace, sherlock you are not. AP asked if you saw something nearby because they DID. Now they know the route of a possible repeat offender and placed a camera in a better spot.

Why did you assume it was you, out of every single person in your store?

Why did you assume it was you, out of every single person in your store?

Some people just have a high level of paranoia. I do, but strangely the cameras don't set mine off, as in "they're watching me". However I also do my best to keep my movements very open and obvious under certain circumstances (like being on backup and doing a cash transaction), so I guess the cameras trigger my paranoia in other ways.

I'm sure AP has been totally grossed out a couple of times by me. If allergies kick in suddenly and my nose just suddenly pours, yeah I use my hand and wipe it on my pants. Better that than snot pouring all the way down my face as I run for the bathroom.

I'm sure AP has been totally grossed out a couple of times by me. If allergies kick in suddenly and my nose just suddenly pours, yeah I use my hand and wipe it on my pants. Better that than snot pouring all the way down my face as I run for the bathroom.

I am an alergy super hero. Spill stations are my phone booth. Every great now and then if it is bad I will pony up for the travel kleenix packs. They are great to have in my pocket even if it is only like 6 tissues a pack.

I find it really hard to believe that a company like target that is known for being cheap and having sub-par technology would invest in covert cameras.

I find it really hard to believe that a company like target that is known for being cheap and having sub-par technology would invest in covert cameras.
Just for the sake of my curiosity, I've looked over the FR closet really hard to find the camera that has to be there. And zilch. Nothing looks odd. I mentioned to someone that I was looking for it, my boss overheard me, and confirmed that yes, somewhere in that closet is an unseen camera.

Nor can I find the camera attached to the video screen outside the FR. It's there, I can see myself on the video screen, but darned if I can see where the camera is. The angle I see myself doesn't quite correspond with the camera being built into the screen.

Finally, I can't see a camera monitoring the FR hallway. It has to be low to avoid the whole privacy thing of seeing into the tops of the actual rooms. There is nothing but paint at either end of the hall.

Not sure where you are getting your information from or where you've heard Target is cheap but the truth is basically the complete opposite. Target's tech may not be groundbreaking but they supply much more up to date equipment than most competitors and Target is actually known for having some of the best AP equipment and resources in all of retail.

Some people just have a high level of paranoia. I do, but strangely the cameras don't set mine off, as in "they're watching me". However I also do my best to keep my movements very open and obvious under certain circumstances (like being on backup and doing a cash transaction), so I guess the cameras trigger my paranoia in other ways.

Yeah lol as long as there’s Purell nearby.... the things I touch some days as GSTM make me want to drown myself in it

Maybe you should test that theory. :rolleyes:

Target has an entire forensic lab dedicated to retail theft. $100 for a covert camera is pennies on the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back