Archived Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my friends was terminated for stealing cash from the registers. He was told that Target isn't pressing charges but wasn't asked to return the money. What should he expect and has this happened to anyone before? Does Target keep track of prior instances where they have lost money and will they go back and look if it was my friend

Last edited:
One of my friends was terminated for stealing cash from the registers. He was told that Target isn't pressing charges but wasn't asked to return the money. What should he expect and has this happened to anyone before?

I'm pretty sure they are put into a database for retail theft and it will be alot harder to get a job if they don't act quickly to apply for jobs.

Can’t believe he wasn’t busted and perp walked out. TMs walked out in handcuffs are a great deterrent to theft for everyone else. Restitution should be required as well.

1. Of course they keep track
2. Uhm... why would it matter if it was your friend or not? Stealing is stealing.
Just to add on— any time you steal target knows. They might not let you know they know, but they know. Sometimes they wait until the threshold for it to be a felony or whatever before catching you.

Trust me— you’re (sorry, your friend) not gonna get away with stealing at target. Plus as others mentioned this is going to be a stain on your record for a long time.

I always heard if its under $500 value or cash, Target will terminate and issue a No Trespassing order. And you are pretty much are marked Not Rehireable. Target will either put it to an insurance claim or a collection order with possible litigation if not re-paid.
Over $500, press charges.

I always heard if its under $500 value or cash, Target will terminate and issue a No Trespassing order. And you are pretty much are marked Not Rehireable. Target will either put it to an insurance claim or a collection order with possible litigation if not re-paid.
Over $500, press charges.
My ex room mate got arrested and charges for stealing a gift card. It was $200 something I believe. Also got hit with the no trespassing for 1 year, terminated, and marked non-rehirable.

Whatever you took, plus some more for our inconvenience; our fancy New York lawyer will send you a bill for it plus his fees. If you don’t pay it, it’ll go into collections and fuck up your credit. If you can find another job, your wages will be garnished for it. Oh, and they’ll pursue an arrest warrant if you don’t repay.

Stealing from target is a great way to fuck up your life and finances.

I'm almost always positive every time someone bothers to post about "their friend's termination" or they are "seeking advice for a friend" it's almost always them and not "a friend"
Do cash registers keep track of their money? How and when do they get counted?

Oh, my friend just got fired for stealing money.

Jail time and insurance lawyer fees are probably coming for you. I'm not usually over-assumptive but lol.

I don’t even understand stealing from the registers... that’s gotta be the dumbest way to steal internally. You will get caught 100% of the time. If you really want to steal, just pocket some shit while putting away reshop. Dumb either way, but there’s a way better chance you would get away with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back