Archived First casualty today

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that ever happened to me. I would start telling guests..."This is my Red Card goal for today. If you don't sign up for a Red Card today, I will not meet this goal. Store management will then yell and coach me and eventually fire me. My family and I will go hungry. I will have to ask for state assistantance. My children will be taken away. And I will lose my place and have to live on the streets. To prevent this...you just have to sign up for a Red Card today. You can save 5% on all purchases. And it comes with all sorts of perks."

They cant coach you for not getting REDcards or for having a low conversion rate, but they can write a coaching saying you're not asking every guest about the target REDcard and driving guest loyalty and blah blah blah. Theres different ways to write it up and coach it so that hr will accept it and eventually get someone on a c/a and terminated.

You are all correct- you cannot fire a TM for not getting REDcards. They will usually be fired for not following directions. Conversion is part of the cashiers core roles. So, if you give them specific instructions about what they should be doing... (IE Asking every guest, telling about debit card, or whathaveyou) and they don't follow it... they'll be written up. "Failure to follow these instructions could result in further corrective action up to and including termination." ... I have a team member on a final warning for it. But I attempt to be very fair... and have had extensive conversations with said team member to make sure they understand why they're being written up and what they need to do to improve.

We have a "goal" of 1 red card each in the pharmacy each day. That might not sound like a lot... but considering we maybe do a total of 100 transactions/day... most under $20.... 95% of which are prescriptions (and the guest will not save that 5% off the prescription)... and there's 4 of us... are you kidding me?? You want a 4% conversion, in a situation like that, where I really should be filling this chemotherapy medication rather than pester a 95 year old patient about a red card?

Plus, so many of our guests use their FSA/FHA cards... there's NO benefit to using a friggen red card instead!

That's a little bit extreme to lose your job because your not getting enough red cards.

95% of the time a cashier does not get a red card is for these few reasons:

1. The guest wants a debit card, but doesn't have their check on them.
2. The guest no matter what you say(that our debit is free) they still might think there's a sketch to it and they might be charged
3. The guest doesn't want to give out their personal information for their own privacy reasons even if it's on a touch pad. Some people feel really uncomfortable with that.
4. The guest might not really care about saving 5% (even though they can save more, they don't feel the need to get the target card)
5. The guest could be in a rush, might have to go somewhere and doesn't have the time to apply for the card.
6. The guest might live far from target and not shop at target often, so they feel they don't need a discount card.
7. The cashier did not explain the card enough to the guest, (most guests already have alot of credit cards/debits) and they don't want to pay more bills, so because the cashier did not explain it enough the guest automatically thinks it's another credit card.

BUT majority of the time the reasons up on my list are 1-6. may anybody list any more reasons if you have any more reasons.

So technically, it's REALLY not the cashiers fault, that their red card counts are low if they are not getting enough people to apply and they are asking.

Otherwise, if he cashier actually IS trying, and their speeds are good & are friendly towards guest, there should be NO REASON for that cashier to get fired.

In other words, the cashier most likely got fired for another reason. Unless they never ever asked guests and ignored the prompts.

That's a little bit extreme to lose your job because your not getting enough red cards.

95% of the time a cashier does not get a red card is for these few reasons:

1. The guest wants a debit card, but doesn't have their check on them.
2. The guest no matter what you say(that our debit is free) they still might think there's a sketch to it and they might be charged
3. The guest doesn't want to give out their personal information for their own privacy reasons even if it's on a touch pad. Some people feel really uncomfortable with that.
4. The guest might not really care about saving 5% (even though they can save more, they don't feel the need to get the target card)
5. The guest could be in a rush, might have to go somewhere and doesn't have the time to apply for the card.
6. The guest might live far from target and not shop at target often, so they feel they don't need a discount card.
7. The cashier did not explain the card enough to the guest, (most guests already have alot of credit cards/debits) and they don't want to pay more bills, so because the cashier did not explain it enough the guest automatically thinks it's another credit card.

BUT majority of the time the reasons up on my list are 1-6. may anybody list any more reasons if you have any more reasons.

So technically, it's REALLY not the cashiers fault, that their red card counts are low if they are not getting enough people to apply and they are asking.

Otherwise, if he cashier actually IS trying, and their speeds are good & are friendly towards guest, there should be NO REASON for that cashier to get fired.

In other words, the cashier most likely got fired for another reason. Unless they never ever asked guests and ignored the prompts.

There's 1 more: I had a guest visiting from Europe (I think Denmark) and of course didn't want one. And there was the day that I had 6 people who wanted the debit card and didn't have checks with them. This was right after we started offering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back