Archived First IE Score Ever....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an SrTL Elect and have been for over a year now. I was a TL for a year before that and before that I did various part time positions while in high school and college until I was offered the TL spot. Anyway today I recieved a IE on PCCI which is the first time I've ever received anything lower than an E in my 15 years with Spot. Naturally I'm freaking out. I asked my ETL-SF for feedback but he really just comes back with 'Coach your team harder" "Improve your daily routines". I've noticed bad vibes from my STL and ETL-SF recently which again is something I'm not use to. I don't know what to do now...I'm worried I'm on the path to being coached out. Anyone have any advice?

AAR mid 50s....Its been up and down. Sales are ok minus tvs are down.

I don't think an IE means you're getting coached out the door. I got an IE on my PCCI too (and I've never gotten below an E in all my time as a TL/Sr).
I didn't get the feedback to improve throughout the quarter before the PCCI and I plan to challenge my ETL on it.

Last edited:
If your ETL gave you anything less than an E on your PCCI, they are required to enter comments to support that status. Was that part completed? That should give you some idea of any concerns he has. Altho a good ETL would be giving you that feedback on a regular basis, not just on your PCCI.

I think that's 100% my problem. I have little to no interction with my etl. Something I have brought up to him a few times now. I asked for weekly statuses, he never delivers.

What's your stores current AE2015 score? Being a SrTL, I'd assume you'd challenge your ETL more. On a certain level, the 2 of you are peers, and you should treat them as such.

If your ETL gave you anything less than an E on your PCCI, they are required to enter comments to support that status. Was that part completed? That should give you some idea of any concerns he has. Altho a good ETL would be giving you that feedback on a regular basis, not just on your PCCI.

Thanks for that info!
I know I didn't start this thread but it's helpful since I'm in the same place as the OP.

The same happened to me but I've only been a TL since June so I'm not freaking out. As a TM I would have because I always tried to excel but right now I'm still getting the hang of the TL role. I will say that a good ETL should be giving you feedback throughout, not just on the PCCI like was stated earlier. I try to have that interaction with my ETL but she never delivers, I also tried to get weekly statuses or feedback and it never happens so I just do what I do and "Self-report" to another ETL who has been very helpful.

I think that's 100% my problem. I have little to no interction with my etl. Something I have brought up to him a few times now. I asked for weekly statuses, he never delivers.

Little to no interaction with your ETL is certainly a problem & something you want to find a way to work on. While I think weekly statuses at the Sr.TL level is asking for a little much, you should certainly be having a performance discussion at least once a month.

The same happened to me but I've only been a TL since June so I'm not freaking out. As a TM I would have because I always tried to excel but right now I'm still getting the hang of the TL role. I will say that a good ETL should be giving you feedback throughout, not just on the PCCI like was stated earlier. I try to have that interaction with my ETL but she never delivers, I also tried to get weekly statuses or feedback and it never happens so I just do what I do and "Self-report" to another ETL who has been very helpful.

This is exactly what I've done for a large part of the time I've been a TL or Sr and thankfully it has seemed to work (I guess until now).

Little to no interaction with your ETL is certainly a problem & something you want to find a way to work on. While I think weekly statuses at the Sr.TL level is asking for a little much, you should certainly be having a performance discussion at least once a month.

I think if your ETL gives you an IE there should have been performance discussions leading up to it so it's not a shock. At that point I'd hope the ETL would put a little more priority into more frequent (maybe 2x a month even) statuses.

So it's almost review time and I'm fairly certain I'm getting an I.E. Review score. I feel like I have strived to adjust to any feedback my etl has given me, but my etl still hardly gives me the time of day. When he does its work harder, do more, coach harder. I still don't feel great about my place in the store or my position. I'm really trying and I do not want to end up with an i.e. review. My etl and STL are just providing no support for me but telling me over and over again to coach my team. What can I do?

So it's almost review time and I'm fairly certain I'm getting an I.E. Review score. I feel like I have strived to adjust to any feedback my etl has given me, but my etl still hardly gives me the time of day. When he does its work harder, do more, coach harder. I still don't feel great about my place in the store or my position. I'm really trying and I do not want to end up with an i.e. review. My etl and STL are just providing no support for me but telling me over and over again to coach my team. What can I do?

I totally understand what you're going through. As I said earlier, I got an IE on my last PCCI without any feedback. I've gotten very little significant (if any) feedback since then and asked my STL what to expect as a review score and was told an IE. It seems really unfair. I would never give an IE to a team member who hasn't had feedback/several coachings, as it would come as a surprise.

I feel lost and hopeless, and like this is Target/the universe telling me it's time to move on. I work my butt off and don't get any support from my leaders in becoming a better leader. It's not that I don't want the feedback because I do, and have told them all I want that feedback. But as I've been told, "an IE isn't a bad review rating." -_-

I totally understand what you're going through. As I said earlier, I got an IE on my last PCCI without any feedback. I've gotten very little significant (if any) feedback since then and asked my STL what to expect as a review score and was told an IE. It seems really unfair. I would never give an IE to a team member who hasn't had feedback/several coachings, as it would come as a surprise.

I feel lost and hopeless, and like this is Target/the universe telling me it's time to move on. I work my butt off and don't get any support from my leaders in becoming a better leader. It's not that I don't want the feedback because I do, and have told them all I want that feedback. But as I've been told, "an IE isn't a bad review rating." -_-
It's like we are in the same ship!

Well... are you managing the talent of your team appropriately? If they are telling you to do better with coaching your team, why are they saying that? EITHER you are not coaching/developing your team OR they are perceiving that you do not (so documenting and emailing them out).

Make it clear that you need them to follow through with communication on their end. You can't always instinctively know what to do, so if that is what they're expecting, it's ridiculous. And (I speak from experience) if there's been staffing issues, metrics issues,or the like at your store, it may be stemming from that, too. I got a ton of IE scores last year, but it was because our staffing situation forced me to take on so many roles that the leadership couldn't get a feel for how I did in my own workcenter because I wasn't working it as often. Still got a 63 cent raise. Don't take it too personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back