Archived Fitting Room Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible idea... lol not to mention the crap in the fitting that piles up before you have chance to put them away.... like the fitting room is filled to where its all gonna fall off the shelf that is crazy!

I hate the new procedure.

Not supposed to count items. Supposed to tell all guests that you are stepping away from the FR to help another guest. It doesn't take a genius to know that a lot of crap is going to walk out as soon as the "guest" can throw clothes on whenever the FRO announces she's stepping away.

Knock on doors. Did corporate test that theory? You are half naked in public with only an inch of pressboard between you and the eyeballs of the world. You're trying to forget how thin that pressboard is, you're trying to forget that you're not in public, and then there's knocking at the door. It's going to take away that suspension of disbelief and make you feel very vulnerable and somewhat scared about being half naked in public and that's going to piss you off. I don't care if I was ready to spend $1k, someone knocks on the door while I'm changing, my own clothes are flying on and that $1k is going to another store.

Doing all those different ways of relating at once, that's going to come across as so fake. People hate salesmen. If you come across as fake, you're going to come across as a used car salesman. Who wants to buy a shirt from a used car salesman?

I didn't do any of that yesterday, and I convinced a woman to try a tankini as she was swearing up and down she would never wear a two piece outfit. I grabbed the pieces off a nearby cart for her to get the sizing right, and she left wanting to know where she could find more selection because she was going to get a tankini and bottom. The other week, I didn't do any of that while I was verifying a sign in baby hardlines and I convinced a woman who doesn't even have a baby to buy two $25 boxes of diapers and a multipack of wipes to go with it. I found shapewear that would work for a woman who wanted athletic leggings in a color we don't have, I've successfully suggested men's socks for a large footed woman who needed dress socks, I've also made sales by recommending kids' school uniform pants for skinny women when we're out of their size in the khaki pants, and I've had quite a few women tell me that I'm getting their wallets in trouble. Maybe I don't get every sale, but I'm also not chasing sales away by being too aggressive or too fake.

at my store, the fitting room (called the operator) has to sort — usually 3+ carts of go backs from the rooms and from GS. also they answer the phones, operate the MyCheckout (when its actually working) and pick up clearance which usually takes around 2 hours so the new procedures are not feasible at all. Everyone in softlines did the online training, but it is not being applied because it is too much for one operator.
In our schedule they stopped scheduling people for operator and instead everyone is softlines and they choose who will be operator but there are still people scheduled for the regular fitting room shift but instead its under softlines instead. Makes absolutely no sense to me. wondering if this is an ASANTS thing or if it is corporate.

I'll just post this comment for ALL...... not to anyone specifically:

If your store is operating any portion of A&A (ie: the Fitting Room, Service, Truck Unload/Push, PC, or Backstock) the same way you did in 2017; your store is waaaaaaaaaay behind. It's mid 2018, and ALL Regions, Groups, and Districts have been aware of ALL the changes that should be taking place. Modernization requires significant changes to the "old way" of operations. Teams will continuously "struggle" with these changes until your store's Leadership initiates CHANGE. These changes ARE feasible if, or rather, when Stores start making the necessary changes. It's not going away.

It's apples and oranges. The Company NOW wants oranges..... your store's need to quit planting apples seeds.

( my store is NOT perfect by any means...... but we are willing to change; and accepting Modernization to keep our doors open for business. Bottom line.)

If your store is operating any portion of A&A (ie: the Fitting Room, Service, Truck Unload/Push, PC, or Backstock) the same way you did in 2017; your store is waaaaaaaaaay behind. It's mid 2018, and ALL Regions, Groups, and Districts have been aware of ALL the changes that should be taking place. Modernization requires significant changes to the "old way" of operations. Teams will continuously "struggle" with these changes until your store's Leadership initiates CHANGE. These changes ARE feasible if, or rather, when Stores start making the necessary changes. It's not going away.

It's apples and oranges. The Company NOW wants oranges..... your store's need to quit planting apples seeds.

( my store is NOT perfect by any means...... but we are willing to change; and accepting Modernization to keep our doors open for business. Bottom line.)

This would explain the three hour meeting the entire softlines team had last night...

A lot of these changes are stupid but I’ve noticed once you stop fighting them and just do the best you can to get them done right it gets a lot easier. (Not talking about softlines but some guest service changes). Things I thought would be impossible to do are now just routine without a second thought.

Last edited:
what don't you like that's new? i wanna see where my store is at compared to others.
Hanging/folding softlines, bringing full carts of reshop to the backroom instead of leaving them just near a wall by guest service (this one sucks but I gotta admit it looks a lot nicer)
Nothing too crazy since my store isn’t a part of any of the new modernization pilots but still stuff that was hard to get used to

Hanging/folding softlines, bringing full carts of reshop to the backroom instead of leaving them just near a wall by guest service (this one sucks but I gotta admit it looks a lot nicer)
Nothing too crazy since my store isn’t a part of any of the new modernization pilots but still stuff that was hard to get used to
I find this really odd because newer remodels are still including a hidden reshop area at the service desk.

It doesn't matter how enthusiastically you embrace change. If you don't give enough hours or have enough people in the store at the same time, then we are going to struggle big time with the changes. It's not a matter of getting the right mindset and -poof- everything's rainbows and unicorns. Embracing it just isn't enough.

Just close your eyes and think of England, right?

Having reshop in the backroom as a corporate directive.
Oh I don’t think it’s a corporate thing I think it’s a my store thing. Because we have the hidden reshop area too but say like the domestics cart gets full, we have to pull it out and put a new one in so it’s like where does the full cart go? We’d usually just pull it out of guest service altogether and put it nearby where it sits for hours waiting for a hardlines tm to come grab it. And soon enough there are about 10 carts of reshop sitting there which looks pretty messy. (Guests ask all the time “oh is this clearance?” No, just go-backs.)

It doesn't matter how enthusiastically you embrace change. If you don't give enough hours or have enough people in the store at the same time, then we are going to struggle big time with the changes. It's not a matter of getting the right mindset and -poof- everything's rainbows and unicorns. Embracing it just isn't enough.

Actually agree with both of you in regards to my own store. They are not rolling well with all aspects of the changes but then they are also not staffed to roll with it. And even if they hire enough staff to roll with it, corporate keeps cutting hours on us so we'd have a hard time putting that staff in place. Right now we are lucky if we have one FRO, one pusher in RTW, and one pusher in Kids during the day time. And God forbid we have a call off because the corporate mandate is that someone HAS to be in RTW at ALL times. So, if our kids pusher calls off and we're down to FRO and RTW then that means the kids truck does not get pushed at all and it rolls into the next truck. And if RTW calls off, then our kids pusher has to leave kids and go do RTW and the same thing happens. If corporate could only understand that all stores need the hours to accomplish everything the way they want it done. If we had extra people on the floor we wouldn't have to drown every time there's a call off and more would get done.

Good luck lol. We have like 30 carts of unsorted in the backroom. If they want target’s apparel depts to run like high end stores, they need to staff it like one. At high end stores they have lower foot traffic, but also have tons of people working.

I worked in men’s at a dept store and I’d be working with 4 other people in my small area, then on the other side of the wall in another brand there’s someone else, then over in the corner with young men’s they’d have 2-3, RL polo would have another 1, then 3 in suiting. And there was a whole other team that came around just to re-fold tables and keep things neat. It was easy to give individual attention there. At target, I’m juggling 17 carts, the guest in front of me, then hr is in the walkie yelling at me because I’m supposed to be answering phones now, then there’s already a guest on hold from the last call. I don’t see it working in high volume stores without increased staffing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back