Archived fitting room shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm scheduled for an 8 hour fitting room shift on a saturday and i barely even know what i'm doing in softlines, i've had like 4 shifts. i was trained for 2 days in softlines and not one thing was mentioned about fitting rooms. do i need to be trained for fitting rooms or is it not required? should i talk to someone?

Usually Fitting Rooms covers incoming calls, maintaining the Fitting Rooms, and nearby areas.

I have now seen stores put incoming calls to the bell, no one maintaining the fitting rooms, and the TM zones the floor and picks up calls.

If you don't know how to do the phone, definitely talk to someone about that so they can teach you. At my store we have a cheat sheet for people who need to cover the phone but have never done it before or aren't really confident with it. Other than that fitting room is mostly just sorting and working out reshop. There will probably be a softlines tm around to help you if you need it.

Are you opening or closing?
At my store whoever closes the fitting room sometimes gets a zone unless we are super super busy (usually men's shoes and occasionally infant hardlines since they're the closest).
Openers don't have to zone at all. They'll occasionally have you do reshop if it's quiet enough though

Are you opening or closing?
At my store whoever closes the fitting room sometimes gets a zone unless we are super super busy (usually men's shoes and occasionally infant hardlines since they're the closest).
Openers don't have to zone at all. They'll occasionally have you do reshop if it's quiet enough though

it's a closing shift on saturday

You should definitely ask someone to teach you when you go in. If your tl is working, call them when you get in.

If you know how to fold and hang things on the proper hangers with the hangers facing the right way, you have the basics. Phones aren't too difficult and if you forget something, info is just a walkie call away.

I'm really good in the fitting room (I mean, my tl says I am, anyway) and I haaaaate being scheduled 8 hours in there on a Saturday, but it's not the worst thing on earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
training is a four letter word at target.

just press all the buttons until you think you've transferred the guest.

or better yet figure out how to access the overhead and play blink 182's "family reunion"

I jinxed myself. I went in and they switched the FR person out and I went in
How was your shift though??

I jinxed myself. I went in and they switched the FR person out and I went in
How was your shift though??

hasn't happened yet. 2 more weeks and i'm panicking already. answering my own phone gives me anxiety, so answering the work phone and doing other stuff when i've never done it before worries me.

At my store, the fitting room hours are just used for softlines. They sort the reshop and put it back on the floor. They push the CAFs as well as back up cashier. When closing, they're just like any other zoner. We only have an actual person at the fitting room during the 4th quarter.

hasn't happened yet. 2 more weeks and i'm panicking already. answering my own phone gives me anxiety, so answering the work phone and doing other stuff when i've never done it before worries me.

Ohhh, depending on your schedule between now and then, there's plenty of time to get some training sessions in! Let your TL know you didn't train in there.

I hate answering my own phone, but I don't mind answering phones at work. Idk why it's different, but it is for me. My only problem with it is our lack of floor coverage means no one picks up when I transfer. On some days (never on a Saturday because it's too busy in the fitting room) I just go look for things myself. If you've closed on any other day, I'm guessing you already know if your store is one where the fitting room attendant does zoning and reshop or not. My store they only clean rtw clearance, clean the floor in accessories, and on slow days they might help fold nearby tables (in my store, that's rtw and activewear).

What about Fitting Room Operator shift during the morning? I have one this week and I'm worried I will have to do rewrap/printing clearance tickets etc. i had like an hour of training five weeks ago and I already forgot all about it....I might just leave it for tge next person the day after to deal with and just do the reshop/sorting/gobacks/calls

What about Fitting Room Operator shift during the morning? I have one this week and I'm worried I will have to do rewrap/printing clearance tickets etc. i had like an hour of training five weeks ago and I already forgot all about it....I might just leave it for tge next person the day after to deal with and just do the reshop/sorting/gobacks/calls

that's probably what i'm gonna do whenever i'm scheduled back there. i feel bad but they didn't train me so idk what else to do.

I'm guessing you already know if your store is one where the fitting room attendant does zoning and reshop or not. My store they only clean rtw clearance, clean the floor in accessories, and on slow days they might help fold nearby tables (in my store, that's rtw and activewear).

I want to work at your store! Lately, we only have three closers Monday-Thursday. That means I not only handle the fitting room and phones but zone all of RTW by MYSELF. It's ridiculous.

I want to work at your store! Lately, we only have three closers Monday-Thursday. That means I not only handle the fitting room and phones but zone all of RTW by MYSELF. It's ridiculous.

Same with my store, the Fitting Room Operator answers phones, zone the men's clothes section, shoes, baby section and suitcases plus sort through all the gobacks for softlines. The first time I had a FRO shift during closing i was completely overwhelmed.

Is your reshop just consistently unsorted? Do you not have much of it? How does this work?

You don't wanna work at my store though lol. When I'm in the fitting room lately, I wish I could be zoning, but we've been backed up with unsorted reshop. Yesterday I went in to 3 carts... And one was an overstuffed one where they'd already taken the boxes and packaged stuff out. So it was suuuper dense. I'd rather be the lone closing zoner than close the fitting room this past few weeks. and we have like 2 carts of rewrap. I wanna throw it all away tbh. And charge out the packages.

In the beginning I didn't do rewrap. I'd put all the pieces together and put them somewhere neatly so someone else could because I couldn't figure out how to roll and fold things. Now I'm good. I do my own rewrap and my store my tl tells people to do their rewrap as they find it... But no one is ever working so that doesn't happen. I do mine, though because I dont wanna add to the pile. My store doesn't have enough equipment for fr to be printing tickets anymore. I ask the price change ladies to print tickets if I need it.

If it makes you feel better, all the new TMs in my store don't know fr and they've been here for months. We just fix their mistakes and tell them afterward. We know training is subpar. We know we'll have to fix some stuff... Like half my baby cart was actually B/G the other day... And they don't know which hangers are men's hangers, and they're folding stuff that gets hung, etc. Its a lot of little details.

Is your reshop just consistently unsorted? Do you not have much of it? How does this work?

You don't wanna work at my store though lol. When I'm in the fitting room lately, I wish I could be zoning, but we've been backed up with unsorted reshop. Yesterday I went in to 3 carts... And one was an overstuffed one where they'd already taken the boxes and packaged stuff out. So it was suuuper dense. I'd rather be the lone closing zoner than close the fitting room this past few weeks. and we have like 2 carts of rewrap. I wanna throw it all away tbh. And charge out the packages.

Actually, we manage to stay on top of reshop surprisingly. We are a pretty busy A-volume store though, so this process won't go this smoothly for much longer. The daytime fitting room person just sorts all day, since our HRTM answers phones weekday mornings. We have one or two tms on the salesfloor during the day and pretty much their only job is to put the reshop away.

When I finish my zone at night, I clean out the fitting room and sort a cart of reshop from guest services if I have time.

As for rewrap, we handle it a little at a time, when we have time. Typically our morning weekday fitting room tm handles it, but we are all supposed to do our own. As for making tags, I also work price change, so I am comfortable with the process, as are other fitting room tms who have worked at our store for years. We are s..l..o..w..l..y teaching the new folks how to do it.

Interesting. Our HR TMs used to answer phones more than us, but their hours were cut worse than ours. We also don't have daytime floor TMs on weekdays most of the time. On better days, the morning fitting room person has enough freedom to help with reshop and rewrap. We're supposed to do our own, but some of the newer people just give up and bring it to fr... or the single closer at the end of the night picks it up and just brings it back. We haven't had one of those better days in at least a month though. For some reason, people are returning things like craaazy and everyone's shopping in the day time.

The TL and srtl (who's sometimes lod so she's not even working in sl) are often the only people on the schedule for daytime for softlines... and they're doing adjacencies, so the reshop grows and grows. If we have a mid, they're doing reshop, but it'll be like 1-2 mids with 4hr shifts trying to do 4 Zs and 9 overflowing carts. I'm 5'4 and I've gone in to work and the carts have folded piles as tall as me... and sometimes taller. Then the closers come in and the areas that were untouched between TL(s) and mid(s) are such a mess that they don't actually have time to fix it.

We're in shambles.

I know how to print tags, but I never even try to get a mydevice anymore lol. Eventually someone more important will walkie for a mydevice. I use my phone for searches, or I walkie for someone with an iPod to come over if the app can't do something. We keep asking them to give us a permanent one, but no. We have a permanent fr printer though... it doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back