Archived Fixture Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a serious question... how are pegs handled in your fixture room? Do you have a system to break them down, or do you keep them assembled and in a bin?

I do have a serious question... how are pegs handled in your fixture room? Do you have a system to break them down, or do you keep them assembled and in a bin?

Our "system' came down to me or the PTL going through the pegs and breaking them down into the right bins.
The fact is if you leave them assembled the plastic piece is much more likely to get broken and you never have enough of the damn things especially for a major set like Christmas.

we have garbage cans for our pegs.. we leave the front label holder on... we have grey bins for everything else. garbage cans make it easier for big sets to just roll it out
My STL mentioned doing this about a year ago. It hasn't been rolled out yet though. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me

Hrm, this week I'm reorganizing the fixture room. I'll mention the garbage can idea to my TL. Might be worth the investment, considering how many pegs we seem to collect that nobody wants to break down. If we can get the idea of taking the fastback off as the only thing necessary, that might work. I do agree, I have noticed a lot of broken fastbacks. Is it possible to just order bags of fastbacks? I prefer the heavy duty neutral grey ones (the light grey, not the dark grey). Thanks for the ideas!

Hrm, this week I'm reorganizing the fixture room. I'll mention the garbage can idea to my TL. Might be worth the investment, considering how many pegs we seem to collect that nobody wants to break down. If we can get the idea of taking the fastback off as the only thing necessary, that might work. I do agree, I have noticed a lot of broken fastbacks. Is it possible to just order bags of fastbacks? I prefer the heavy duty neutral grey ones (the light grey, not the dark grey). Thanks for the ideas!

You can order bags of the fastbacks, it's just tricky to find the number for them and I don't have it any more.
Anybody else have that?
Careful or you wind up ordering boxes of the pegs and fastbacks, like you really need more damn pegs.

we have garbage cans for our pegs.. we leave the front label holder on... we have grey bins for everything else. garbage cans make it easier for big sets to just roll it out

We break ours down and keep all the parts in bins. We have separate bins for the white and gray fastbacks.

It's all fine and dandy if there's stuff all over the floor making the fixture room a death trap, but God forbid someone puts a white fastback in the gray fastback bin...

My STL mentioned doing this about a year ago. It hasn't been rolled out yet though. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me

I can just see my peg trash cans now...full of trash the moment the trash trash can is filled up.

Grey bins.
Order extra, and order the pictures of the fixtures that go in them.
Spend half an hour every day working on the fixture room and at every huddle make threatening speeches.
If you have to challenge any carts left in there.
Throw things away, then throw away the rest.
Kick ass and take names.
^

Is it possible to just order bags of fastbacks? I prefer the heavy duty neutral grey ones (the light grey, not the dark grey). Thanks for the ideas!

Gray ones don't exist anymore. Just the white ones. And the part number, off the top of my head, I believe is AP0456.

NOOO!!! My favorite fastback is an no more. The humanity!

Well, I guess I'll have to learn to move on and become one with the white fastback. Even if I think they're inferior to those beast grey ones. Do they still make the Dark Grey heavy duty fastbacks? I really need a SAP account (though I'd probably go on a shopping spree and buy more junk that I don't have room for in my over-burdened fixture room.)

I can just see my peg trash cans now...full of trash the moment the trash trash can is filled up.

This was my initial thought too, but I'm hoping the can we get has a lid... something I can put a lock on.

This was my initial thought too, but I'm hoping the can we get has a lid... something I can put a lock on.

Lol @ the fact my team decided the hamper that that was filled with spider wraps was a trash can... Even though it was clearly labeled.

you can and i have ordered just fastbacks before but dont remember the part number. i order tons of the label fronts though have a big grey bin of those... ap0036 is the part # for those lol

our cans fill up with garbage sometimes but not too badly.. overall i think most people in my store make an effort to kind of clean up after themselves but it could be because i harp on everyone and i make them come back and clean up their own messes. if its softlines fixtures the sl team leads clean it up etc. they get tired of that realll quick
pretty much once a year we have a major clean up where we trash stuff we dont use anymore and reorganize and sort the bins... normally thats when we dump out the cans and then refill em.

Grey bins.
Order extra, and order the pictures of the fixtures that go in them.
Spend half an hour every day working on the fixture room and at every huddle make threatening speeches.
If you have to challenge any carts left in there.
Throw things away, then throw away the rest.
Kick ass and take names.
^
order the pictures of the fixtures that go in them. - Elaborate please. Where would I find the pictures of the fixtures? Is this something that I can order or download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back