Archived Flex RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tms know they should tell me when they can't find an item for rts.

Look up the item's dpci in order inquiry
Write down: the item description, the date/time for put into hold, where it was put into hold, the date for when it went rtsk
Hand over to ap so they can check the footage of the window you've just provided.

Once it's figured out who it was its convo time.

My tms know they should tell me when they can't find an item for rts.

Look up the item's dpci in order inquiry
Write down: the item description, the date/time for put into hold, where it was put into hold, the date for when it went rtsk
Hand over to ap so they can check the footage of the window you've just provided.

Once it's figured out who it was its convo time.
But how would u know if the items are in bags now?

You can see all orders processed and times. So if something is removed and handed over at a time not listed, then you got your item/TM culprit. Little cross checking can't hurt AP

You can see all orders processed and times. So if something is removed and handed over at a time not listed, then you got your item/TM culprit. Little cross checking can't hurt AP
So if I put something in hold, and three days later it drops into RTS but is no longer there, who is the culprit?

Or are you suggesting should AP review 3 days of footage and check each time someone enters the room to make sure they don't take anything, or processes the order if they do take something?

They know the location. In high volume I could see it being a pain but fast forward is a wonderful thing. I mean small stuff would be a pain to find but hey, GS does their job you don't have to worry about it. My store was red on RTS due to walked orders. AP and STL cracked down and we went months without a single walked order. Any walked order was instant coaching, I believe.

They know the location. In high volume I could see it being a pain but fast forward is a wonderful thing. I mean small stuff would be a pain to find but hey, GS does their job you don't have to worry about it. My store was red on RTS due to walked orders. AP and STL cracked down and we went months without a single walked order. Any walked order was instant coaching, I believe.
Well we have dozens of orders per day, which means something more than annoyance for AP if they have to fast forward and then stop and play each time a TM enters the room (including TMs putting more orders on hold, because who knows, maybe they could be taking stuff). It becomes a several hours ordeal to go through all of that and I'd like to think my APTL has better things to do.

Last edited:
So if I put something in hold, and three days later it drops into RTS but is no longer there, who is the culprit?

Or are you suggesting should AP review 3 days of footage and check each time someone enters the room to make sure they don't take anything, or processes the order if they do take something?
Well we have dozens of orders per day, which means something more than annoyance for AP if they have to fast forward and then stop and play each time a TM enters the room (including TMs putting more orders on hold, because who knows, maybe they could be taking stuff). It becomes a several hours ordeal to go through all of that and I'd like to think my SPTL has better things to do.

It's ridiculous to properly review camera footage for a 3 full days. If it's walked you don't know when they did it because it was obviously not processed.
At my store it's just behind GS so you'd have to watch any time someone goes for reshop purposes, or SPU, or salvage, ESIM, etc.
Especially now that everything is bagged you have to check anytime an item comes out or a SPU bag, and check to see if other orders were properly processed at that time and if you're lucky see what was in the bag.

If it's a $500 pool or grill or something that's a little more worthwhile to check for, and easier as well.

How do you have time to video review 3+ days of footage for each potentially walked unit, especially if it may be a $5 item? iPads I could understand.

Easy, have a good camera shot on the flex fill area. Find when the item gets scanned in and spot check until it goes away. See if service desk processed the order or not.

Easy, have a good camera shot on the flex fill area. Find when the item gets scanned in and spot check until it goes away. See if service desk processed the order or not.
But my thing is how can u spot check it if the item is in a bag?..... only way i feel like u could do that is if u have a camera in the fulfillment closet so u can see every location...

But my thing is how can u spot check it if the item is in a bag?..... only way i feel like u could do that is if u have a camera in the fulfillment closet so u can see every location...

My store hasn't started the pre-bagging yet. But yes, I have very good camera angles on flex fill locations. It only gets difficult around the holidays.

We have one in there, but I doubt it can see inside each hold location due to the angle, small space, and shelves covering the wacos.

We were missing high dollar items (Apple Watch, furniture, etc). I'm not gonna bother my ap about a candy bar. But you better believe he's gonna watch footage so he can find out who let a $300 item walk out the door unpaid.

I started having my team a while back audit our flex room in the morning and at night. If you want to do it once, the night is preferred and as close to closing as possible. I created a binder with 31 tabs for each day of the month and it has slots for order name, order #, date ordered and one of the DPCIs from the order. They have to sign it off and time stamp it when they audit it. I have my team members open mygo and go alphabetically down the list and check every order to make sure it is still there because guest service is horrible at remembering to process orders. If the order is missing they will process the order and we then look into who may have handed it off. We also can use the audit for clearing orders that went RTS but never left the flex room as well as combing guests multiple orders to save space.

I started having my team a while back audit our flex room in the morning and at night. If you want to do it once, the night is preferred and as close to closing as possible. I created a binder with 31 tabs for each day of the month and it has slots for order name, order #, date ordered and one of the DPCIs from the order. They have to sign it off and time stamp it when they audit it. I have my team members open mygo and go alphabetically down the list and check every order to make sure it is still there because guest service is horrible at remembering to process orders. If the order is missing they will process the order and we then look into who may have handed it off. We also can use the audit for clearing orders that went RTS but never left the flex room as well as combing guests multiple orders to save space.
That would be a good idea to do but i doubt every store has the payroll to waste on that especially mine... we dont even schedule a closer for fulfillment anymore.... i always audit every Friday and had the team start keying out missing orders..... i hate doing it but it is what the boss wants... Our score has gone from super red to 100% green for RTS... there was a note on workbench last week about not keying RTS anymore and target comming up with a solution to the problem but who knows how long that will take.

Easy fix, if you or your backroom cannot cover RTS than pair with your GSTLs or STL to get them done by guest service. Thats a metric that has attention by the district leaders and your store needs to improve upon. LODs should have no problem helping out.

And what do you mean keying and fudging numbers? If the item is not in location just go-ahead and create a label for the item and scan it out of location. What else are you to do? It wont mess with any on hand counts.

Well it's great that you have the payroll to be able to do that twice a day. I'm lucky if I have 5 minutes all week to audit the SPU hold area.

Easy fix, if you or your backroom cannot cover RTS than pair with your GSTLs or STL to get them done by guest service. Thats a metric that has attention by the district leaders and your store needs to improve upon. LODs should have no problem helping out.
Nobody has a problem with completing RTS by 9am. That's the easy part. The problem is when you go to the location and the item just isn't there. Maybe it was reshoped. Maybe the guest paid for it at the register and GS didn't cancel it. Maybe it was stolen. No matter what, hitting the not found button will ding the RTS metric the same as if you hadn't completed it before 9am.

And what do you mean keying and fudging numbers? If the item is not in location just go-ahead and create a label for the item and scan it out of location. What else are you to do? It wont mess with any on hand counts.
What some stores do (including mine) is we just type in the DPCI to complete RTS if the item is not there anymore. So instead of hitting not found and causing the metric to go red, we fake it so it looks like the item was there, and keying it in returns it to inventory and increases the on-hand count.

Scanning a label you just made for RTS if the item isn't there would 100% mess with on hands. (As does keying it in)

What some stores do (including mine) is we just type in the DPCI to complete RTS if the item is not there anymore. So instead of hitting not found and causing the metric to go red, we fake it so it looks like the item was there, and keying it in returns it to inventory and increases the on-hand count.
Right, but that still dings the metric, right? Im not an expert in flexible fullfilment but we started creating labels for the dpci and scanning it out. Used to have an issue with rts metric until old gstl was fired for performance and coachings started flying for GsAs.

Right, but that still dings the metric, right? Im not an expert in flexible fullfilment but we started creating labels for the dpci and scanning it out. Used to have an issue with rts metric until old gstl was fired for performance and coachings started flying for GsAs.
Keying it in rather than scanning doesn't seem to affect the metric for RTS in any way that I've seen.

Wow, i didnt know that...maybe log etl doesnt know that either...wouldnt be surprised.
It doesn't mean it doesn't but nobody at my store at all seems to know that if it does.
PCVs are a different story (apparently) so everyone just scans them from their phone instead of keying them in. Maybe it's thought that they're similar in that regard?

It doesn't mean it doesn't but nobody at my store at all seems to know that if it does.
PCVs are a different story (apparently) so everyone just scans them from their phone instead of keying them in. Maybe it's thought that they're similar in that regard?
Yeah keying doesnt affect RTS my store went from red to green in RTS for the past 3 weeks due to keying... the team wasnt on the same page and some of the team were hitting not found and made us super red... now everyone keys out

Yes, keying it has the same effect as scanning the item, just as it does everywhere else in the myFA application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back