Archived Flex RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has horrible RTS metrics. I am following up with my team to make sure they are scanning the items into the correct locations. We finished last year at 24% YTD. I have had multiple discussions with AP and front end leaders. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this, I am open to anything (except keying, I won't fudge numbers).
Thanks.

Is your SPU not at guest service? Are you in one of the fortunate stores that doesn't have reshop carts still at guest service? People who are walking RTS show up on the report as well. Coach/CCA those lazies.

Sorry. I should have specified. It's not lates, it's potential walks that is pulling us down.

This is something your ETL - AP and or APTL should be involved in. In my district the RTS metric has been a major focus. AP should be checking each potentially walked order and seeing if the guest service team member processed them. I know one issue that has been affecting a nearby stores RTS metric is the iPad having connectivity issues. I feel the first thing you have to do in order to fix your RTS metric is to first identify if the walked orders are being caused by team members or by equipment and move forward from there.

Something that I'm planning on doing is making a log for each day where the GSTM will write the order number down and its status. At the end of the night the closing GSTL audits the log to make sure there are no issues.

You can always cheat the system and type in the dpci after you scan the loc label. Your AP won't be happy because it'll affect shortage and throw on hands off, but you'll have a green RTS!

Sorry. I should have specified. It's not lates, it's potential walks that is pulling us down.
So that is almost certainly a GSTM issue, not a backroom one (assuming your hold locations are up front and not in the backroom). It's caused by GSTMs either not processing orders that are picked up or not cancelling orders that they ring up through the POS.

You'll need to make the ETL-GE and GSTLs aware that they'll need to help correct the problem. One thing that I've seen at another store and seems to help a lot is a log for all orders that get picked up. Train everyone at the service desk to fill out the log for every order they touch. Put one of the stickers from an item on the page (has the guest's name and order number), then add the date, time, name of the TM, and note if it was cancelled and rang up through the POS.

I've personally been told to just manually key in missing items, and I'm just not willing to fight my TL and the ETL-GE over it.

At my store we had a much the same situation going on with SPU RTS, it was terribly red, and became a focus. It was a challenge because there are two work centers that could be causing the errors. Guest service team blamed the FF team, the FF team blamed GS and AP blamed both, so much fighting over one metric. So I can relate. This is what we did to improve the score.

Our store is much like one SFSfun mentioned. We have a clipboard up front (there is a SPU log template available on workbench) where the GS team takes the pick sticker from each order and place on the log sheet along with their initials, date and time of pick up.
We also have another clipboard for the FF team if they come across a RTS that is not present, (this helps provide a check and balance system). I had to make it on excel there is a column with date, dpci, and quantity.
This provides a clear timeline for either AP or whomever at your store might investigate.
It helped at my store, because now there was accountability (which there always should have been). We found out some GS team wasn't trained properly at handling SPU orders on MyGo and there was a FF team member who wasn't actually checking just "clearing" the list in the morning.

Some tips:
If your IPad is having issues, you can access MyGo on a mydevice to checkout guests.
Also there is template on workbench if MyGo goes down for GS to fill out.
It took a few weeks to find the problems but our RTS has been green.:)

I'm willing to bet most of your walked orders are a result of your GSTM either not processing the order properly or the GSTM reshopping any items cancelled from an order. I audit RTS task list every day I come in and that's only ever been the case. GSTMs are supposed to place order label in binder and GSTL/LOD should be auditing at end of night. I've fighting that battle right now, but in the meantime just faking out walked orders. RTS is a dumb ass metric and shouldn't be a logistics one. I am not taking repeated hits to a metric of mine because ETL-GE and GSTLs cannot hold their TMs accountable.

Something that I'm planning on doing is making a log for each day where the GSTM will write the order number down and its status. At the end of the night the closing GSTL audits the log to make sure there are no issues.

My store already does this,

we have a binder that we use. All orders are to be stickered, when the guest picks up we remove the sticker and place in the binder along with the TM that did it. If they do not have the sticker they have to write the order number down and are to let the LOD know right away that orders are not being stickered. At the end of the night our GSTL is to audit all the orders to ensure they were processed correctly. This has helped us a lot.

My store has a lot of walked orders. I video review every one of them and it's just someone who was "too busy" to remember to process the order. Might have to adopt the binder option, but STL doesn't want to baby the team. I agree with him, it's a simple process.

I'm willing to bet most of your walked orders are a result of your GSTM either not processing the order properly or the GSTM reshopping any items cancelled from an order. I audit RTS task list every day I come in and that's only ever been the case. GSTMs are supposed to place order label in binder and GSTL/LOD should be auditing at end of night. I've fighting that battle right now, but in the meantime just faking out walked orders. RTS is a dumb ass metric and shouldn't be a logistics one. I am not taking repeated hits to a metric of mine because ETL-GE and GSTLs cannot hold their TMs accountable.

My store already does this,

we have a binder that we use. All orders are to be stickered, when the guest picks up we remove the sticker and place in the binder along with the TM that did it. If they do not have the sticker they have to write the order number down and are to let the LOD know right away that orders are not being stickered. At the end of the night our GSTL is to audit all the orders to ensure they were processed correctly. This has helped us a lot.

I like this idea - thanks guys!

My store has a lot of walked orders. I video review every one of them and it's just someone who was "too busy" to remember to process the order. Might have to adopt the binder option, but STL doesn't want to baby the team. I agree with him, it's a simple process.

That's my fear, but at the same time it's good to have a log in case there are any issues I guess.

Calling the lod for non stickers items is dumb. Our printer fucks up all the time so we force orders though without the label but it would be a major main if we had to wait until the printer would reconnect before we could finish

Calling the lod for non stickers items is dumb. Our printer fucks up all the time so we force orders though without the label but it would be a major main if we had to wait until the printer would reconnect before we could finish
You would think the people using the printer would be intelligent enough to initiate troubleshooting of the connectivity so that wouldn't be an issue.

You would think the people using the printer would be intelligent enough to initiate troubleshooting of the connectivity so that wouldn't be an issue.
Well when I only have one flex item I don't want to fuck around with the printer for an undisclosed amount of time trying to get it print. Ours are terrible and will work fine the whole day but once you go on break and it disconnects it's a pain getting it to work. At that point, it's easier to force the flex through instead of waiting

Out of 10 printers in the store this morning only one was working properly. Would help if Target would invest in working equipment that we didn't have to beg, borrow, or steal to use. I've had LOD's process orders without a sticker because they didn't want to deal with a non-working printer.

We have one printer that the team takes with them when picking and one at gs. If we encounter a problem w/ printing we use the one the at gs to reprint.

Do STS orders take forever to populate in the RTS batch? There were a number if orders from January that I audited and they were not active, nor were they in Mygo, so I returned them to stock. Last week they, or something eerily similar, fell into RTS.

Do STS orders take forever to populate in the RTS batch? There were a number if orders from January that I audited and they were not active, nor were they in Mygo, so I returned them to stock. Last week they, or something eerily similar, fell into RTS.
YES! I have called CSC more times than I can count on issues like this. It's really annoying.

Sometimes they do randomly fall into RTS late but I also noticed any STS that gets cancelled before your store receives it and processes it will not go RTS.

This is something your ETL - AP and or APTL should be involved in. In my district the RTS metric has been a major focus. AP should be checking each potentially walked order and seeing if the guest service team member processed them.

This.

And this.

How do you have time to video review 3+ days of footage for each potentially walked unit, especially if it may be a $5 item? iPads I could understand.

The other day i had 6 RTS..... and all of them were missing x_x..... TL just says to key them out but that isn't solving the problem..... Just cheating the system...... and yeah we have the same problem with STS orders.... i found some from the first week of April that are still active on our end but when i call CSC they say that order is cancelled....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back