Archived Flex RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I'll be keying from now on.
giphy.gif

What happens if the guest did not pick it up and it's missing for another reason? You can't just process orders like that...

Guaranteed it was an order handed off and guest service forgot to process. If the guest is wrongfully charged they can come in and we can absolutely refund them, hasnt happened yet.

That would be a good idea to do but i doubt every store has the payroll to waste on that especially mine... we dont even schedule a closer for fulfillment anymore.... i always audit every Friday and had the team start keying out missing orders..... i hate doing it but it is what the boss wants... Our score has gone from super red to 100% green for RTS... there was a note on workbench last week about not keying RTS anymore and target comming up with a solution to the problem but who knows how long that will take.

Trust me I know all about no payroll as i'm sure most target stores do. I personally get terrible payroll. The Flex Audit that we perform takes about 5 minutes average. Some days faster and some maybe a little longer but I have not done this or timed it during 4th quarter.

I too have also got my team, for a while now, on keying in the DPCI for missing RTS as well. No need to print a label, waste of time just type the DPCI.

Guaranteed it was an order handed off and guest service forgot to process. If the guest is wrongfully charged they can come in and we can absolutely refund them, hasnt happened yet.
Yeah but how do you know? Guest service rings up orders through the POS all the time for various reasons (price match, coupon, different payment method, etc). I've found that it's much more likely that they forgot to cancel it than forgot to process it.

Yeah but how do you know? Guest service rings up orders through the POS all the time for various reasons (price match, coupon, different payment method, etc). I've found that it's much more likely that they forgot to cancel it than forgot to process it.

Get green at all costs is why, screw the guest, screw other teams in the building or actually training the GS people to actually cancel orders properly.

Get green at all costs is why, screw the guest, screw other teams in the building or actually training the GS people to actually cancel orders properly.
You can still easily fudge the numbers without screwing over the guests by just keying in any RTS items that aren't there.

In my limited experience, most Potentially Walked Units are caused by a lack of training or technical problems. We keep a binder at guest service where we keep the stickers with all flexible fulfillment orders after we've handed the items off to the guest. The binder has the order sticker, the time, date, and initials of the tm that completed the transaction. If we're not pressing "submit order" then we'll go back and investigate. But believe it or not, many tm's are forgetting to press complete order on the iPad after handing off the merchandise to the guest -- which means we lose out on that order when we go back to do the RTS and can't find some of the items.

In my limited experience, most Potentially Walked Units are caused by a lack of training or technical problems. We keep a binder at guest service where we keep the stickers with all flexible fulfillment orders after we've handed the items off to the guest. The binder has the order sticker, the time, date, and initials of the tm that completed the transaction. If we're not pressing "submit order" then we'll go back and investigate. But believe it or not, many tm's are forgetting to press complete order on the iPad after handing off the merchandise to the guest -- which means we lose out on that order when we go back to do the RTS and can't find some of the items.
At my store at least, GSTMs are either holding the iPad in their hands or setting it down in front of the register they're using (they don't use the one that's tethered down). It's next to impossible to forget to process it when it's right in front of you and you have to put it away before helping the next guest.

I understand that you never know for sure what the issue is for an order not being on hold but is still in mygo. However, from experience, guest service forgets to process orders a lot. I know it isn't fair for the guest to get charged if they don't have the items although some guests get orders for free because of forgotten processing and like I said I know if I was a guest and I was charged for items and did not have them I would absolutely make sure I got a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back