Archived Flexible Fulfillment work-center raise not given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroneru

is choosing a custom title.
TM in question transferred to my store 2 weeks before we went live for SFS. Placed in Softlines in the interim then given practically fulltime for the workcenter. She learned apparently she's due to receive a $1 raise as SFS is a logistics position. Our ETL HR told her no striaght out for reasons we do not know. Anyone happen to know why this is the case?

Isn't it like a known thing that we're not supposed to discuss our pay in any way shape or form? If I went to my ETL-HR and was like "Hey so and so said I should be making this." I'd get my ass handed to me.

Isn't it like a known thing that we're not supposed to discuss our pay in any way shape or form? If I went to my ETL-HR and was like "Hey so and so said I should be making this." I'd get my ass handed to me.
Yes, because when people find out how much you're making, or how little they're making, people get disgruntled. They can't keep us from talking about it, they only strongly suggest we don't. I've had a TL straight up ask me how much I got for a raise.

Shouldn't the TM in question be brought up to whatever the pay grade is for FF? Especially if it's their main workcenter.

We never discussed specifics on dollars and cents just we have known the two areas have separate pay grades. The fact that she had not been moved is what she brought to my attention recently. Even mentioned trying to get back-pay for the hours worked.

From whom did she "learn apparently" that she was due a raise?

She stated the source thought I don't remember. Regardless I've known that Log in general makes more as previously stated.

Fulfillment TMs are paygrade N07, just like flow and backroom.

If a TM is working back there all the time, she should be moved into that workcenter.

Exactly her point and with the supposed increase in orders and SFS TMs she isn't leaving that area any time soon. She's the most knowledgeable of that area including the ETLs. They put her in charge of the equipment audit as well.

She isn't Softlines. Period.

A coworker at my store was still under Flow even though she had been working only BR shifts for months. Her workcenter magically changed one day after she was asked to come in on a day off (we assume the TL noticed when he went to change her schedule).

Based on that, I would assume your TL should be able to easily and quietly change the TM over to Fulfillment. Not sure about back pay though.

This can be solved with a few quick questions to your ETL-HR.

Just have the TM ask what paygrade they are currently at. Not the rate, the paygrade. N07 or N09 or whatever. Then ask what the company-dictated paygrade is for their work center. If it doesn't match, then the TM needs to kindly ask if they are going to be given the same paygrade as their peers, otherwise it's a discrimination or exploitation situation. There was a similar situation at my store a few years ago when a TM was hired under softlines, but kept getting scheduled under flow-softlines push. 2 different paygrades, and their hours fell mostly under the flow workcenter. Ended up being a huge clusterfuck.

Fulfillment TMs are paygrade N07, just like flow and backroom.

If a TM is working back there all the time, she should be moved into that workcenter.

Back pay has to be paid out for all shifts. I know one guy they kept putting in backroom ended up with three grand after taxes cause they had to back pay every shift. This HR is trying to get her on the cheap.

Hot line after confirming the paygrade is not correct.

Back pay has to be paid out for all shifts. I know one guy they kept putting in backroom ended up with three grand after taxes cause they had to back pay every shift. This HR is trying to get her on the cheap.

Hot line after confirming the paygrade is not correct.
Oh I agree but I was saying the TL can probably move her to the correct workcenter at the very least.

The way I understand it if you are currently in one workcenter but pick up shifts in another workcenter with a higher paygrade so long as half your shifts are in the first workcenter you don't get the raise. That's how they get you.

Oh I agree but I was saying the TL can probably move her to the correct workcenter at the very least.

Probably HR has denied it. Working close to 40hrs in SFS/FF sure seems like she makes the cut to me.

Upon hearing the full story today she clearly didn't need any raise. She was under BR at here old store solely doing SFS. After transferring she was put in softlines and nothing else. They never brought her paygrade down. 2-3 weeks later she joins the SFS team and has been there for a few months. The only discrepancy in this situation is her workstation being Softlines in the system when she clearly isn't anymore. They never brought her paygrade down so there is no need for it to go up. I told her this yet she remains adamant in "getting what's owned to me." I don't agree with her anymore.

She called a hotline for HR and explained her story and they sided with her. Later that day an ETL informed her the system now shows her as BR. (I don't know if he was being lazy and meant to say Flexible Fulfillment). I'll ask tomorrow if this affected her paygrade or not, nothing specific obviously.

What the heck is the Flexible Fufillment workcenter??..im at a lower volume store and we get a decent ammount to pick but theres plenty of time between those to do backroom things.

Upon hearing the full story today she clearly didn't need any raise. She was under BR at here old store solely doing SFS. After transferring she was put in softlines and nothing else. They never brought her paygrade down. 2-3 weeks later she joins the SFS team and has been there for a few months. The only discrepancy in this situation is her workstation being Softlines in the system when she clearly isn't anymore. They never brought her paygrade down so there is no need for it to go up. I told her this yet she remains adamant in "getting what's owned to me." I don't agree with her anymore.

She called a hotline for HR and explained her story and they sided with her. Later that day an ETL informed her the system now shows her as BR. (I don't know if he was being lazy and meant to say Flexible Fulfillment). I'll ask tomorrow if this affected her paygrade or not, nothing specific obviously.

Well she still could be due a raise, by transferring stores, the pay scale could have changed. I know that a smaller sister store of mine pays slightly less and people who transfer over all get a bump when they come over. We are in a more expensive area. And if she was promised a bump for making the move, I don't blame her for wanting it.

What the heck is the Flexible Fufillment workcenter??..im at a lower volume store and we get a decent ammount to pick but theres plenty of time between those to do backroom things.

It means Ship-From-Store. Some stores started processing online orders. Same steps as SPU except instead of bringing the product to guest service, we scan it up on smart carts and then to the an area in the backroom. In this area, the magic happens. We pack the products we pulled and UPS picks them up.

She got a raise... maybe along the lines of what Bosch mentioned perhaps. Oh well.

I came to the back room from sales floor and it took 3 years and the ETLHR quitting for me to get the raise. I had to call the hotline and ended up only getting half of what I should've received and no back pay.

Only stores with SFS have that workcenter. In non-SFS stores, the backroom team is responsible for flex orders (which are SPU only).

I came to the back room from sales floor and it took 3 years and the ETLHR quitting for me to get the raise. I had to call the hotline and ended up only getting half of what I should've received and no back pay.

That's complete bs.

There's more to the story. The ETL-HR freaked out when she found out I called. She lied and said I threatened her. My wonderful ETL-HL pulled me aside and told me the news. He said he didn't believe her and had my back. She ended up quitting two weeks later and nothing ever happened to me. This wasn't the last time this ETL had my back when they tried to fire me over bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back