Looking for Pregis machine advice. We keep getting the pillow jam error but nothing is actually getting jammed.. if you start it again it will start right back up. Until the next time it jams either ten seconds into that round of pillows or two rounds later. PMT has played with it a few times but nothing seems to help. Any ideas, please?
There is a screw on the base and a rubber on the roller it self. Make sure they are not on top of each other and separated by a gap. It took us several jams to figure it out.

There is a screw on the base and a rubber on the roller it self. Make sure they are not on top of each other and separated by a gap. It took us several jams to figure it out.
THIS.

We had some major issues one day Q4 and come to find out that all day long my SFS team had just been dealing with it. The support number wasn’t picking up all morning.

I called later and the guy thought the rubber ring might be covering the hole on the roller (it can’t be covered bc that’s how the machines senses that it’s rolling or something). It wasn’t covering that hole, but it got me to see that we needed to slide the rubber ring over since it was catching on the screw. It was fine after that.

Looking for Pregis machine advice. We keep getting the pillow jam error but nothing is actually getting jammed.. if you start it again it will start right back up. Until the next time it jams either ten seconds into that round of pillows or two rounds later. PMT has played with it a few times but nothing seems to help. Any ideas, please?
Make sure the roll is perfectly circular. We sometimes had issues where the inner cardboard tube was flat on one side, and the machine couldn’t roll it. Just had to replace the roll and it was good to go.

Thanks for all the help, everyone! We finally got it to stop jamming.

Next question... who else is in restock hell with all the latest news? Lol :(:eek: at least 300+ units over forecast daily.. pallets upon pallets being sent out of restocks... no payroll or tms... begging for support.

Last edited:
Yeah. We've been sitting at 600 units every day with two people. Asking for support everyday. Yesterday we did 840 / 370 as they just kept sending orders.
Be thoughtful about your workload. If you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat that will become the expectation. I’m all for working smart and hard but it can backfire.

Be thoughtful about your workload. If you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat that will become the expectation. I’m all for working smart and hard but it can backfire.

Yep. Our backroom is cluster fuck with half the carts for the guests in our backroom full of random push or backstock its been there a week now and pallets of truck push that are now three days old still not pushed. So I am killing lots of orders cause I will not kill myself searching all those carts for a fucking T-Shirt or coffee cup, bath towel or candle..

Then they bitch our INF is too high.. "How about you give us the time to put crap away so we can find it for orders!"

So apparently my old store is going to be adding packing stations, and they’re potentially planning on taking out half of the bulk/receiving stockroom (which is already small to begin with). No word on if it’s for ESFS or Restock or anything like that. My guess is that it’s just the next step in expanding capacity for 4th quarter.

I really appreciate this thread (and website). This thread prepared me for FedEx switch last month and now our store is running smoothly with the new pickup. It stopped me from believing the stores false deadlines my store says are true (11am deadline for Rush, 2pm STS deadline when it’s really best practice). All the physical and technically parts of Flexible Fulfillment (SFS/OPU and future Drive Up) has been made easier because all of your tips. I really appreciate it as do all the SFS TM at my store; you people made our lives easier.
Just some recognition.

Last edited:
That’s a great tip for unlocking the machine! On the topic of air pillows the first to fifth or sixth pillow in a new “batch” fill up with air but never properly seal so the slightest squeeze makes the air escape but all of the ones afterward are perfectly fine. Anyone know why this is?

That’s a great tip for unlocking the machine! On the topic of air pillows the first to fifth or sixth pillow in a new “batch” fill up with air but never properly seal so the slightest squeeze makes the air escape but all of the ones afterward are perfectly fine. Anyone know why this is?
Our PMT opened the inside part where it seals the bag. He removed the black piece and found bits of plastic inside the machine. This caused the random pillows not sealing. You can give that a whirl but that was with the older air machine, not sure if it’ll work.

So apparently my old store is going to be adding packing stations, and they’re potentially planning on taking out half of the bulk/receiving stockroom (which is already small to begin with). No word on if it’s for ESFS or Restock or anything like that. My guess is that it’s just the next step in expanding capacity for 4th quarter.

If what the ETL from another store told me is true, its everyone is getting ESFS not just SFS.. We were talking about what our store does versus his and he let that drop that it was coming. Cause he asked where we were going to put the second packing station, I had no idea. He said he was getting a fifth one(they are the ESFS store in our area). I am in the pacific northwest, and a few things my TL has dropped lead me to believe this is true.. Cool for me more hours. Bad for us, we don't have the fucking room to do it. We don't have the culture of put shit away, so when it gets busy our backroom around the line it literally grid locks where we can't physically move without some big shuffling and wasting 20-30min playing tetris with vehicles.

If what the ETL from another store told me is true, its everyone is getting ESFS not just SFS.. We were talking about what our store does versus his and he let that drop that it was coming. Cause he asked where we were going to put the second packing station, I had no idea. He said he was getting a fifth one(they are the ESFS store in our area). I am in the pacific northwest, and a few things my TL has dropped lead me to believe this is true.. Cool for me more hours. Bad for us, we don't have the fucking room to do it. We don't have the culture of put shit away, so when it gets busy our backroom around the line it literally grid locks where we can't physically move without some big shuffling and wasting 20-30min playing tetris with vehicles.
My store is getting a new pack station but I'm not sure if its going to replace our original pack station. We were one of the first stores to rollout SFS without one of the equipment lockers so it’s sorta outdated with the amount of extra.boxes needed and now the restock boxes. My ETL said were still going to be a regular SFS since ESFS have online items in their backrooms.

Last edited:
The rumblings I've heard is that each store will have some smaller online-only items in the BR. My store has a backroom small enough that we couldn't be ESFS originally, but they've been clearing out aisles on our light duty side (our SFS area is on the bulk side) saying it's for "future SFS space".

We're getting an additional pack station as well. Hopefully that comes with a lot more payroll since the changes to Restock have made every day seem like a mini Black Friday with current hours.

Last edited:
We're getting 4 more stations. There's talk of making our area bigger but unless they're knocking down walls I don't see it happening

I've been gradually building out and reorganizing the backroom by our pack stations. It's a process, and takes far more time than you think it should if you're trying to chip away at it, but without losing any space I've figured out how to have 9 pack stations for Q4. My concern is how Pack 2.0 is going to impact that as we only would have printers for 4.

Any word on when pulls are going to start showing up in MyWork again @mobilelady? It's bad enough that it's not a data point we can use from SFS, but it makes write-ups that much harder as I can only narrow things down to a week or so window when I find things that would have been a full casepack flexed and zoned but the home location empty.

We’re getting ESFS at my store per our STL but something definitely needs to change with the layout and organization we currently have. We have 2 pack stations but everything is so cramped, during peak times you can’t even walk through without having to push all sorts of stuff around. Shame because we have a huge backroom too. Doesn’t help that we have to have 6 different UPS palettes to sort everything that’s packed onto.

Our ETL-Log started a new system where everyone has to fill out a sheet when they start a new batch with the cart name, what time you started/finished, how many INFs, if it was paused etc :confused:

Our ETL-Log started a new system where everyone has to fill out a sheet when they start a new batch with the cart name, what time you started/finished, how many INFs, if it was paused etc :confused:

Yeah so since salesfloor has the sheet they have to fill out about what they sold, he doesn't want to feel left out wasting time either!

I’ve heard rumors through the grapevine that my store will also be getting one to two more packing stations and the only problem is the same as everyone else’s, no space! But with all these store getting more packing stations is it confirmed that all stores will essentially be ESFS or at least have a FFTL? I know someone mentioned it in the Modernization thread but I’m not sure if it’s 100% confirmed or not.

I’ve heard rumors through the grapevine that my store will also be getting one to two more packing stations and the only problem is the same as everyone else’s, no space! But with all these store getting more packing stations is it confirmed that all stores will essentially be ESFS or at least have a FFTL? I know someone mentioned it in the Modernization thread but I’m not sure if it’s 100% confirmed or not.

I would say its pretty much a sure thing, dump more work without any support to make them work..

Back