Quick update on issues we're seeing with ePick right now. A fix for today/tomorrow orders dropping into the wrong bucket is going to the chain tonight so you'll see improvements tomorrow morning. About 1400 stores though will still see issues with Rush orders falling into the generic Today bucket. We are working on fixing this but that likely won't roll to the chain until 2-3 weeks. Just make sure your teams are working through the today bucket every day and if you're a restock store, watch for orders dropping in before 8 pm as they'll need to be picked before you leave.

Quick update on issues we're seeing with ePick right now. A fix for today/tomorrow orders dropping into the wrong bucket is going to the chain tonight so you'll see improvements tomorrow morning. About 1400 stores though will still see issues with Rush orders falling into the generic Today bucket. We are working on fixing this but that likely won't roll to the chain until 2-3 weeks. Just make sure your teams are working through the today bucket every day and if you're a restock store, watch for orders dropping in before 8 pm as they'll need to be picked before you leave.

Thank you for keeping us updated :D

anyone else have paused batches just empty out overnight? like all the remaining items just disappear from the batch and the batch self closes?

We usually don't try to leave paused batches overnight but i got a stupid clopening shift with 6 hours in between, and figured wth i'd be back in a bit anyways, ill just leave it. came in and jumped into the cart and the batch just completed itself, but i know for sure that i still had half the batch left...

anyone else have paused batches just empty out overnight? like all the remaining items just disappear from the batch and the batch self closes?

We usually don't try to leave paused batches overnight but i got a stupid clopening shift with 6 hours in between, and figured wth i'd be back in a bit anyways, ill just leave it. came in and jumped into the cart and the batch just completed itself, but i know for sure that i still had half the batch left...

The picked items are added to Manhattan to wave. The unpicked are added back into the 'Pick' pool

Has this always been a thing? My store leaves unfinished batches overnight and it’s still there the next morning with the same items to pick. I thought batches are grouped together to keep items for an order together.

Anyone else way over forecast today?

Yep, I picked for six straight hours never got below 50 in the gun to pick. They were dropping as fast as I picked batches. The person coming into pack had a half hour to pick those fifty and like eight carts to pack some of those were double batches in the carts. Yes she will fail.. But we only needed 10hrs of payroll for today..

Last edited:
I suppose I could be mistaken. I have had what I explained happen to my store a few times, so I just assumed it was the way it work work. But I suppose it does make sense regarding the unpicked items of a partially picked order.

I know with picked but not scanned collate batches they are fully picked, they will drop back into the "pick me pool". We never try to leave a paused batch just cause its more things to go wrong..

I really wish they would add an option to punch in the cart you were using after pausing a batch instead of having to scan it. If I can start a new batch by typing, why the hell can't I punch it back in to resume?

Just curious, who handles OPU at your store?
In the morning it's the flex team (one or two people) who also have to work on the Ship picks, and after 3 it's a backroom TM.
We process about 2500 ship eaches a week, and today we had over 100 opu orders by 4 pm. Does this seem like a worload that translates to 2 or three people a day for SFS and OPU?

Up until recently, SFS handled OPU until 4:30 when SFS headed out, then the BRTM or Market TM handled them until they stopped dropping in for the night. Recently (since our pick/pack on time scores were so bad), the BRTM has been taking over at 2pm when we start packing so we can focus on that without a 15min interruption every time an OPU drops in. I think at this point a lost of stores are going to start to need two pickers, but we aren't getting the hours to make it happen.

Just curious, who handles OPU at your store?
In the morning it's the flex team (one or two people) who also have to work on the Ship picks, and after 3 it's a backroom TM.
We process about 2500 ship eaches a week, and today we had over 100 opu orders by 4 pm. Does this seem like a worload that translates to 2 or three people a day for SFS and OPU?

we get 1500+ ea a day.... 5-6 scheduled to pick mornings and 2 to pack.. dedicated opu pick with double coverage on weekends. we're constantly fighting deadlines and always pulling in extra support to make the cut off...

We have 2 openers that pick SHIP and OPU. A mid comes in to takeover SHIP/OPU until like 7pm which the backroom team will cover OPU until store closes. However, on days when’s there’s a lot to pack, backroom covers OPU until packing is complete or if OPU is dropping heavy during picking, we’ll ask the LOD to send support.

I really wish they would add an option to punch in the cart you were using after pausing a batch instead of having to scan it. If I can start a new batch by typing, why the hell can't I punch it back in to resume?

Don't go into the paused que, go into the today que, pick ship and click start task, the screen to either scan or key the cart name will come up, just type it from there. It will still pull up your paused batch. :)

Sfs will do OPU whenever they are there. But as of lately, we've gotten hit pretty badly that Backroom will support SFS with batches and the LoD will do the flexes.

We usually have a tm scheduled for OPU pick who's main job is the ship tomorrow picks and flexes, usually if he's not there then it's backroom or who ever can

Ship team at my store is solely responsible for opu, this year they've been scheduling a closer till 10:30pm just to have someone cover opu at night, which is great because i'd rather close then open.

But quick question, was scrolling through the zebra today and saw a new packing app (pack 2.0 or something), anyone know what the difference is between this and the old one? Pack app seemed fine to me

But quick question, was scrolling through the zebra today and saw a new packing app (pack 2.0 or something), anyone know what the difference is between this and the old one? Pack app seemed fine to me

The only time you can split is when you're scanning the items out now. You scan a cart, pull the items it asks for, it prints the collate, you pack the order, then scan the container barcode to go to the next order. You can no longer split the collate once it's been printed.

I had to shove two 12-packs of bounty paper towel rolls into one 280 because whoever printed the collates didn’t split it haha

My ETL and TL have now placed 3 orders for supplies and we still haven’t received anything. The other store where I live also hasn’t gotten any supplies. Is there any way to call about this? Or any way to see what’s happening with our supplies?

My ETL and TL have now placed 3 orders for supplies and we still haven’t received anything. The other store where I live also hasn’t gotten any supplies. Is there any way to call about this? Or any way to see what’s happening with our supplies?
save your cart numbers in sap, you can look them up and see what date they should be delivered. my store has had the same problem

Back