Today was pretty intense...They raised our order cap to 250 but it felt like so much more.

At one point there were 20 batches plus 50 orders to be batched, plus over 100 to pack.

I feel like we're probably going to need more than the current 5 people per day on this...

Today was pretty intense...They raised our order cap to 250 but it felt like so much more.

At one point there were 20 batches plus 50 orders to be batched, plus over 100 to pack.

I feel like we're probably going to need more than the current 5 people per day on this...
Really? I can do a little over 50 myself hustling my ass lol (and i skip my 15's...). I figure 5 would be able to do 250? Maybe? Idk my store isn't esfs /shrug
Good luck for black friday!

Really? I can do a little over 50 myself hustling my ass lol (and i skip my 15's...). I figure 5 would be able to do 250? Maybe? Idk my store isn't esfs /shrug
Today went much smoother with 5 people once we got into a good rhythm for training/picking/packing/loading the trailer. We got the 10 overdue batches from yesterday done, plus everything from today picked with plenty of time to finish packing it and start on tomorrow's.

Lol we aren't ESFS either so the jump in orders is taking some getting used to. And don't even get me started on the insanity that will be Black Friday with our next cap increase.

You are just screwing over everyone skipping your breaks. You are cheating..

You are just screwing over everyone skipping your breaks. You are cheating..
I skip them if I have a lot of work to get done and I don't think taking a 15 is that important. I get paid either way... I would rather get a little more work done then waste time sitting in the break room lol. I do usually take them when I'm on the floor though... Most of the time... But I'd rather have my orders pulled and ready to pack before I go on my meal. I end up finishing an hour early most of the time. I will combine my 15's into a 30 if I'm super dead after. Otherwise, my standing around waiting for UPS counts doesn't it lol

(And I don't get how my SFS captain can take multiple 15's and he always ends up finished early. He told me don't look at the time... But I'm very aware of the time when I'm working and it's timed...)

Today went much smoother with 5 people once we got into a good rhythm for training/picking/packing/loading the trailer. We got the 10 overdue batches from yesterday done, plus everything from today picked with plenty of time to finish packing it and start on tomorrow's.

Lol we aren't ESFS either so the jump in orders is taking some getting used to. And don't even get me started on the insanity that will be Black Friday with our next cap increase.
Oh shit, we haven't increased that much yet. We have 2 people back there rn. One guy is coming in at 7 and he stays til 12. The main person is in 8-4:45. But next week SFS hours are changing 9-5:45 which I don't get. There is supposed to be like 6 of us back there for black friday. We only have 2 SFS PDA's. The third was sent out to be fixed and we never saw it again. Which means we might need to steal a PDA or 2 from backroom which isn't gonna work smh

Heard my ETL-Log has had to jump in to assist SFS here and there since I've been on vacation. How I imagine my glorious return to the front lines after my paid vacation week of r&r.

large.gif

Last edited:
I skip them if I have a lot of work to get done and I don't think taking a 15 is that important. I get paid either way... I would rather get a little more work done then waste time sitting in the break room lol. I do usually take them when I'm on the floor though... Most of the time... But I'd rather have my orders pulled and ready to pack before I go on my meal. I end up finishing an hour early most of the time. I will combine my 15's into a 30 if I'm super dead after. Otherwise, my standing around waiting for UPS counts doesn't it lol

(And I don't get how my SFS captain can take multiple 15's and he always ends up finished early. He told me don't look at the time... But I'm very aware of the time when I'm working and it's timed...)

You are working for free.

And giving coporate the impression that we can do an extra half hour worth of work in the time we are given....screwing over yourself and the people who may follow you in the position.
But how would corporate know, if 15's are paid whether you take the break or not, that I'm not taking them? I never thought it was a big deal. I take my 15's 98% of the time when I'm working hardlines... But SFS is all timed and I don't wanna be pulling more batches after I get back from my meal

But how would corporate know, if 15's are paid whether you take the break or not, that I'm not taking them? I never thought it was a big deal. I take my 15's 98% of the time when I'm working hardlines... But SFS is all timed and I don't wanna be pulling more batches after I get back from my meal
That's it. They are assuming you are taking them. So that means you are doing the work a half hour faster than they expect. So that means you can always do it, and so can everyone else. And heck, if you can do it a half hour faster, then they can maybe push for an hour faster.

That's it. They are assuming you are taking them. So that means you are doing the work a half hour faster than they expect. So that means you can always do it, and so can everyone else. And heck, if you can do it a half hour faster, then they can maybe push for an hour faster.
I never thought of it like that, I just want to have my batches pulled before my 45... By the time I get back from my meal, I have 2 and 1/2 hours to pack before the 3:30 deadline... Pulling after my meal almost guarantees I'll need help to pack or I'll have to scan all my collates out and complete them before I pack :oops: I don't wanna steal someone else from their tasks to help me because I didn't get my work done

I never thought of it like that, I just want to have my batches pulled before my 45... By the time I get back from my meal, I have 2 and 1/2 hours to pack before the 3:30 deadline... Pulling after my meal almost guarantees I'll need help to pack or I'll have to scan all my collates out and complete them before I pack :oops: I don't wanna steal someone else from their tasks to help me because I didn't get my work done

Games like skipping breaks are the reason you can't get it done. Cause others have gamed the system but only played themselves.

Didn't realized there's two different threads. Of course I haven't done SFS for months so I haven't checked both threads

Smh my store is so far behind on orders it's no joke at all.. when I came in on Tuesday morning there were 120 to pick and by 7:30 pm there was still 79 to pick and 430 batch orders for tomorrow. I just don't see how my store is going to handle 900 orders a day.

I just feel like we need to switch to overnight because what we are doing now isn't working but none of the ETLs want to do overnight smh...

@Leonhart621
For Thanksgiving, hope your TL has scheduled people to pick before the store opens... Because orders will be dropping all day and you will be screwed if guests come in and buy up all the deals that the system sent you orders for.

@Leonhart621
For Thanksgiving, hope your TL has scheduled people to pick before the store opens... Because orders will be dropping all day and you will be screwed if guests come in and buy up all the deals that the system sent you orders for.

Can't rely on our TL, our HR pretty much do our schedule.

But that's a good point. Let me talk to my HR and ETL because I don't think no ones scheduled to do it unless they scheduled them to come overnight Wednesday. I think everyone's out by 730am thanksgiving and then come in around 4pm for crowd control. Hopefully they didn't schedule me as the first one to start do FF because I'm going to be so screwed.

Right now I'm thinking wearing a non red jacket, a hat, and use a shopping cart. That way only a few will notice my PDA when I'm using it

Back