Third day in and it was heavily dysfunctional. Didn't get a head start on Due Tomrrow orders. Behind on picking Today orders since one picker refused to refer Guests to other TMs. Everything from pulling items from the back to doing a carry-out. Then became overly sensitive while trying to fix an error they clearly caused; forgot to include an item in a container. Me trying to understand where the package could possibly be and who packed it is apparently decides who the "fall guy" is. Another TM clearly didn't want to be bothered with SFS. Deviated from instruction to the point I had an ETL address said TM a few times.

I kept that packing area clean, organized, and stocked with supplies and now it's turning into a mess. They're packing softlines without prep bags. Insufficient cushioning. I saw one put Merona boots in a Poly Bag... How is that going to survive transit. If I correct/suggest the right way it's brushed off. Any qualms I have I take straight to leadership at this point since the way I address a problem is viewed as me overstepping my position. Sure do miss working this area in solitude and green across the board.
Wait wait wait. WE CAN PAWN GUESTS OFF ON OTHER TM'S?? I've wasted so much time pulling shit for guests. I went red on Sunday. I was alone, 8am-7:20pm. Two LOD's said they'd see what they could do to help me. Did I get help? Nope. We went red on Tuesday, too. It was 2 of us. My shift was 8-4:45 but I didn't leave til 6:15. We asked for help but got it too late. Not enough people for the increased cap.

Last edited:
Yeah yesterday was a fluke I guess because we failed hard today. We had 3 TMs come in at 5 and they were immediately pulled for the surprise truck (only had 4 flow TMs scheduled today). Our electronics TL NCNS'd and we lost another TM to cover that.

On the bright side, most of us are approved for OT this week, so those who are available and willing to work it are going to stay all day tomorrow to try and get caught up before Thanksgiving.

forgot to include an item in a container. Me trying to understand where the package could possibly be and who packed it
Find the container number in Manhattan and just do a split container on the PDA and pack the other item separately. I had to do that last week (my screw-up, not another TMs...).

Wait wait wait. WE CAN PAWN GUESTS OFF ON OTHER TM'S?? I've wasted so much time pulling shit for guests.
I call the backroom to pull the item just like the salesfloor TMs do. And when I'm in the back, I only respond to those calls if backroom hasn't answered 3 in a row.

Yeah yesterday was a fluke I guess because we failed hard today. We had 3 TMs come in at 5 and they were immediately pulled for the surprise truck (only had 4 flow TMs scheduled today). Our electronics TL NCNS'd and we lost another TM to cover that.

On the bright side, most of us are approved for OT this week, so those who are available and willing to work it are going to stay all day tomorrow to try and get caught up before Thanksgiving.

Find the container number in Manhattan and just do a split container on the PDA and pack the other item separately. I had to do that last week (my screw-up, not another TMs...).

I call the backroom to pull the item just like the salesfloor TMs do. And when I'm in the back, I only respond to those calls if backroom hasn't answered 3 in a row.
I don't respond to the backroom calls, it's been too busy for me to leave my work to pick up BR's job. Though when orders were light, I'd jump in to help BR with long cafs.
And I thought you couldn't split an order after 2 hours. It doesn't let you make any changes. Can't even reprint a label. I had one TM leave me a completed out order of 4 diaper boxes and other shit that he didn't split and when I came in the next day, I had to mysupport it and it was too late. They had to cancel one of the diapers out but I had to send the original collate out as is and the guest would get an email notifying them that they'd be refunded for the cancelled diapers. I've had soo much shit to pull in toys and I can't walk into toys to start pulling item without a guest asking me if we have anymore... and uGH then I need to suspend my batch and I go pull the item. I prob won't pawn a guest request on BR because they know I can do it myself

Last edited:
Yeah you can't split a container anymore after an hour or two, but you can reprint a collate from Manhattan up to at least a few days after.

As busy as our BR team is, they still don't mind when BR trained TMs call back to get an item pulled (assuming you actually checked first to make sure it has a BR location). They are pulling items for other TMs all day anyways, so one more won't make much difference. Plus, you get it done with quicker and the guest gets their item quicker.

Last edited:
Yeah you can't split a container anymore after an hour or two, but you can reprint a collate from Manhattan up to at least a few days after.

As busy as our BR team is, they still don't mind when BR trained TMs call back to get an item pulled (assuming you actually checked first to make sure it has a BR location). They are pulling items for other TMs all day anyways, so one more won't make much difference. Plus, you get it done with quicker and the guest gets their item quicker.
I was never shown Manhattan :eek: I don't like to bother backroom. If I have a PDA or mydevice, I just do it. If I'm HL that day, I'll bother them if something it too high and I don't have the wave key. I might have to start asking BR to pull shit then. It's too much

Sunday really fucked my store over, LOD wouldn't let me pawn on the In-Store to a TL and then pulled me for 6 PM pulls so I ended up not picking many batches. Ended up having 300 some odd eaches, not all of which was packed on time and I spent all of my shift Monday packing. Since I'd be close to overtime and they couldn't get any other sacrifices I was granted a 3 hour shift today where we had 500 eaches and we didn't make a single deadline. I was still picking up until I had to leave by LOD's request. I'm supposed to be the overnight SFS TM, but chances are I'm just gonna come in Thursday around opening to pack pack pack until 8 am since I can only imagine the mess we'll have.

Any tips for this team of essentially six nobodies?

Wait wait wait. WE CAN PAWN GUESTS OFF ON OTHER TM'S??

By kindly informing that area isn't my department and referring to someone who can better assist. Ex: guest looking for a music album I call Electronics...

Don't know why I thought doing that would void the original collate all this time... Thanks for the tip. Nonetheless, I used regular SPU Order Inquiry, got the order number, did Ctrl+F in Manhattan to find the collate number, found the box, and packed the missed item.

I was never shown Manhattan :eek: I don't like to bother backroom. If I have a PDA or mydevice, I just do it. If I'm HL that day, I'll bother them if something it too high and I don't have the wave key. I might have to start asking BR to pull shit then. It's too much

Mods is it ok for me to link Manhattan here? It's an Intranet link anyway; can't be access by someone outside Target network.

By kindly informing that area isn't my department and referring to someone who can better assist. Ex: guest looking for a music album I call Electronics...

Don't know why I thought doing that would void the original collate all this time... Thanks for the tip. Nonetheless, I used regular SPU Order Inquiry, got the order number, did Ctrl+F in Manhattan to find the collate number, found the box, and packed the missed item.

Mods is it ok for me to link Manhattan here? It's an Intranet link anyway; can't be access by someone outside Target network.
I didn't exactly mean pawn off... entirely...
It's ok. I'll just ask my SFS captain to show me Manhattan lol

Probably best not to.
No reason to give Spot an excuse to be a dick.
They do a pretty good job with what they've got.

Smh I had to work overnight again last night... this time it was just 4 of us 2 pickers and 2 packers... came in to 9 pick batches left for Tuesday... so we completed that and started on due tomorrow which was 55 pick batches.. I was doing two patches at a time with two pdas. .we got it down to 39 picks when we left at 6:30am... only problem we ran into was the printer... for some reason they stop printing collates from 2 am to about 5:30am... so the opening team had to pack when they first came... hopefully they can complete the rest of the batches in time the DTL is comming to our store again today x_x

What should we do today with all the online orders in the system already? I don't want to run out of stuff before the store even opens. One solution we thought of was to ship out half of the on hands then start canceling.

We are fulfilling every single order we have the inventory for, and if corporate doesn't follow through with their promise to monitor orders throughout the day and adjust as needed, then that's on them.

Hopefully we won't have any major issues, but if we do the STL will be up front all night to take the bulk of the complaints personally.

We are fulfilling every single order we have the inventory for, and if corporate doesn't follow through with their promise to monitor orders throughout the day and adjust as needed, then that's on them.

Hopefully we won't have any major issues, but if we do the STL will be up front all night to take the bulk of the complaints personally.

I honestly hope that we just don't allow FF for today. I think it's unfair to have people line up for hours outside our doorstep in order to get their items while others can just order with the click of a button from home.

And guess who has to hear all of the complaints when we run out of stock? This guy.

Browsing the doorbusters section on the Target app looks encouraging so far. Seeing most items as "available" at my store, but some of them marked as not available for pickup, out of stock online, or both.

Which I assume means we still have it, but you need to go into the store to get it.

I honestly hope that we just don't allow FF for today. I think it's unfair to have people line up for hours outside our doorstep in order to get their items while others can just order with the click of a button from home.

And guess who has to hear all of the complaints when we run out of stock? This guy.

Oh, it's being allowed. Our FF TM's come in at 3 PM today before the store opens to do the picking. It's going to be hilarious when we open at 6 and half the good shit is already gone.

Browsing the doorbusters section on the Target app looks encouraging so far. Seeing most items as "available" at my store, but some of them marked as not available for pickup, out of stock online, or both.

Which I assume means we still have it, but you need to go into the store to get it.
Still seeing a lot of higher value stuff available for flexes though :(

Oh, it's being allowed. Our FF TM's come in at 3 PM today before the store opens to do the picking. It's going to be hilarious when we open at 6 and half the good shit is already gone.

Same. It's going to be a mess. I didn't realized they allowed most of it for pick up.

I'll find out shortly I guess... Good luck everyone!

Back